• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online Petition to Repeal DC Semi-automatic Gun Ban

tattedupboy

imported post

Welcome to OCDO, Gungirl!

It's nice to know that there are indeed some D.C. residents who do value their freedom, and I am honored to be posting on the same forum as one of them. You go girl!

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I wonder what they would do if you brought in that auto-revolver?
Guess the company went out of business a couple years to soon.

Now run to a Va. range and change that balistic ID with a few cartons of ammo.

brolin_1911a1

imported post

Gungirl wrote:
No offense taken but are you really hearing the news in MO??? Wowwee!

The Washington Post published that description based on someone at the police department because I never spoke with anyone from the Post. My soccer mom days are over although I was a baseball mom and my son is now a fireman with his dad. I also think that because this city is so stereotyped, the press did not expect a soccer-mom, bleached blond, in jean shorts to have a gun. Most of my "type" are far too sophisticated to touch guns! They all all liberals who want to protect people like me from myself.

HA HA!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Amy
Yep! Even as far out in the sticks as West Plains. Heck, we're almost in Arkansas down here but we still heard about you registering your .357 Magnum. And you're also in our prayers that this didn't make you a target for burglars by publicizing that you'll have a "properly secured, unloaded, non-functioning" .357 in your home when you're not there.

I think the D.C. government is just jealous of the right of honest people to own guns. People like Berry, convicted felons, can't own guns and it makes them envious.

rodbender

imported post

Mike wrote:
Anybody stepping forward to get an FFL and do business in DC with regular citizens?
I heard there is one guy that has a FFL, but his address has changed and he's waiting on BATF to clear everything.

jt1562000

imported post

There is one man here with an FFL. I shot him an email a few days ago about getting a new XD sent here. DC law is so messed up. I work in a "bad" part of town, and carry a semi auto pistol as well as either a semi auto shotgun or assult rifle at work every day. But as soon as I am off duty, im not allowed to carry a pistol or have one operational in my home? Where is the logic in that?

rodbender

imported post

jt1562000 wrote:
There is one man here with an FFL. I shot him an email a few days ago about getting a new XD sent here. DC law is so messed up. I work in a "bad" part of town, and carry a semi auto pistol as well as either a semi auto shotgun or assult rifle at work every day. But as soon as I am off duty, im not allowed to carry a pistol or have one operational in my home? Where is the logic in that?
Logic is not in the vocabulary of the antis. Haven't you figured that out yet?

jt1562000

imported post

rodbender wrote:
jt1562000 wrote:
Logic is not in the vocabulary of the antis. Haven't you figured that out yet?
Im seeing it more and more every day.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

In the Heller case, Justice Scalia wrote, “Nowhere else in the Constitution does a ”right“ attributed to ”the people“ refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention ”the people,“ the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset... The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed’.”

Once upon a time... in a land far away... I lived pretty close to DC. Close enuff to watch WTOP at least... 'n visit now 'n then. Y'all need to Impeach these DC moonbats or drag 'em outta the City hall by their ears. What part of 'Shall not be infringed' isn't understood? 'All instruments that constitute bearable arms...' 'Don't even mention firearms... or what flavor. In the final... I hope ALLof these twits are jailed... fined and thrown outta office.