• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online Petition to Repeal DC Semi-automatic Gun Ban

amybauer

imported post

Hello,

I started an online petition demanding that the DC City Council and Mayor Fenty repeal the continuing ban on semi-automatic handguns in DC. If you live in or own a business in DC, please sign on :

http://www.petitiononline.com/DCsemi/petition.html

And...pass on to your friends in DC.

Thanks,

Amy

PS. :celebrateI registered the first handgun in DC in 32 years! Until Heller registered his the following day, I had the ONLY legal handgun in DC!! (except those before 1976 and cops)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: OCDO Press Release now attached

hey wow - so you, and not Heller, registered the first legal gun in DC in like, almost half a century!!??

Talk about the land that time forgot!

Folks - spread the word to any DC resident or business owner you know!

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

I am behind all of you and pray that success will come swiftly and complete.

jollybird

imported post

Please be sure that you live or own a business in DC before you sign the petition. This city cares little about what it's own citizen's think most of the time so they sure will throw out the petition of others. You must enter a DC Zip Code from where you live or where you do business.

Although, I really do appreciate everyone's willingness to help out!

Amy

Here's a couple short articles about my experience that you might fine interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/18/AR2008071800748.html
http://www.examiner.com/a-1496295~First_to_register_handgun__owner__doesn_t_fit__profile.html
--

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nasty? Clueless? So what else is new ?

DC will be forced, kicking and screaming, to ultimately bend to the court's will. They can strut around all they like, because the harder they make this, the more pathetic and feckless they will appear when they get spanked. It will be delicious to watch. :cool:

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PS. :celebrateI registered the first handgun in DC in 32 years! Until Heller registered his the following day, I had the ONLY legal handgun in DC!! (except those before 1976 and cops)

TOO COOL :cool:

You have made history!!!

And may I say, I'm extra glad it was a girl HA!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think it is very cool and good for our rights that the first person to register was someone who would be perceived by the public as a "soccer mom" (according to news reports and no offense intended).

amybauer

imported post

No offense taken but are you really hearing the news in MO??? Wowwee!

The Washington Post published that description based on someone at the police department because I never spoke with anyone from the Post. My soccer mom days are over although I was a baseball mom and my son is now a fireman with his dad. I also think that because this city is so stereotyped, the press did not expect a soccer-mom, bleached blond, in jean shorts to have a gun. Most of my "type" are far too sophisticated to touch guns! They all all liberals who want to protect people like me from myself.

HA HA!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Amy

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Believe it or not, out here in MO we read the WaPost, NYT, LAT and other such papers if for no other reason than to affirm our decision to not live in any of those areas. ;) Mainly we read them to find out what the people who hate the country we grew up with and love are up to today.

Now in all fairness on this issue, while I have been following the matter in east coast papers, I found your story here in OCDO, gungirl. I have however, forwarded the links to numerous people and we even talked about it in our office. The ladies were impressed.