• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A OC Day in Fife

Misguided Child

imported post

I spent my day in Fife taking theLFI 1 course. I would highly recommend this to anyone who owns a gun for defense. I felt a little conspicuous as the only person OC'ing out of 56 people in the room, all gun owners and generally carriers although for some reason only about half were carrying today. (lots of Oregonians who may not have been comfortable with CC in this state) But I only got one comment all day from an Oregon guy who rudely said "are you going to cover that thing up or are you a cop?" I told no I wasn't a cop and wouldn't be covering it up since it was perfectly legal. He then was a little more polite and asked if I wasn't worried about the police. I said no, that I had never been bothered and never heard anything bad about FPD being a problem. He then mentioned the only thing he worried about was "that encounter with police"

Otherwise a normal day except for one thing that happened on a break, I was out at my car aabout 200' from the class and nearest person. The hotel is in an industrial area (well, that's Fife) without much foot traffic. I was reading a document on the front seat and heard a couple low voices getting closer. I was about to look up to just check the area when I hear a much louder "Or, maybe not" maybe 10' behind me. I look up and both guys are walking away quickly the way they came from. I may be paranoid and it was all innocent but the area and the fact that they didn't continue down the street made me think they were planning to contact me for some reason, possibly not good.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hard to tell. Were they "rascally" looking? Maybe just sheep who were lookng for directions, saw the gun and skedaddled.

If in doubt then you may have a mental disorder. Please report to the nearest facility. All firearms must be declared and turned in for your safety. :lol:

Misguided Child

imported post

A bit "scruffier" then "rascally", definitely more of the "wouldn't want to meet on a dark street at night" type. It was not a location where I would expect anyone to be walking around without knowing where they were.