• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster hunting with no success

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
Thanks. The Bianchi Shadow II looks pretty close to what I wanted, so I'm taking your recommendation. And following the links off of Bianchi's homepage, it looks Like Brateman's has some pretty good prices (so much so that I ordered a few additional holsters.) As far as DeltaForce.com, unfortunately they don't have the one to fit the S&W 36 in stock. It seems Old World Leather has been out of business for a couple of years. D'oh! (I sure miss that OWL holster!)
Thanks, Bill. I think you'll like the Shadow. Us and holsters can be like women and shoes (OK girls - don't flame me on this :lol:)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Thanks, Bill. I think you'll like the Shadow. Us and holsters can be like women and shoes (OK girls - don't flame me on this :lol:)
I'd much rather try on holsters than shoes :D

OBXMIKE

imported post

My favorite rig is from Bob Mernickle. Rides high and tight with no wiggle and excellent retention. Very classy rig, but cost @ $80.

Wild Bill's holsters out of Garner, NC makes some nice stuff. I have a rig for my snub and one for my 1911 by him, and have been totally happy.

Nothing wrong with Mitch Rosen, Galco, Bianchi, or Don Hume....all good makers.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
DoubleR wrote:
I'd much rather try on holsters than shoes :D
Tess, I'm tempted to send my fiancee to live with you for a few weeks if we could negotiate an agreeable fee.

Unfortunately, she is a really, really good saleswoman and I fear that she would come home with no holster but you would have dozens of pairs of new shoes and a shelf full of new purses. :p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote
Tess, I'm tempted to send my fiancee to live with you for a few weeks if we could negotiate an agreeable fee.

Unfortunately, she is a really, really good saleswoman and I fear that she would come home with no holster but you would have dozens of pairs of new shoes and a shelf full of new purses. :p

I'd take that bet. She might win on the shoes (not likely), but I have one purse and that's all I need.

Come to think of it, even most of my holsters are JBP (from http://www.holsterama.com though I bought them at the Chantilly gun shows) and all the same style and color.

:celebrate