Thread: DC Checkpoints tonight!!

Post imported post

Ch 13 (Hampton Roads) is running a story about shootings and checkpoints in DC tonight.

No link available from the channel's website.

In the name of public safety, the imperial DC govt will trample all of the citizens rights, not just the 2nd A.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

My hometown! They set up these road blocks and actually turn people away who do not live in the area or have some other valid reason to be in the area; as if they are the ones who can determine which free tax-paying Americans are allowed to drive on a public street. Then they can say..."see, there was no crime on this block last night!" Of course, the shootings just moved down the road a bit.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

There was an article in a recent DC newspaper.

The last batch of roadblocks generated some heat from decent people who were turned away or forced to park their car and walk. Lawsuits contremplated, if I recall.

By the way, the thread is a little mis-titled. Its not a checkpoint if honest, decent citizens can't assert their rights and pass.

Its a roadblock.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

jollybird wrote:
    My hometown! They set up these road blocks and actually turn people away who do not live in the area or have some other valid reason to be in the area; as if they are the ones who can determine which free tax-paying Americans are allowed to drive on a public street.
    No way. I have a hard time believing this.

Even if it IS DC.....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    jollybird wrote:
    My hometown! They set up these road blocks and actually turn people away who do not live in the area or have some other valid reason to be in the area; as if they are the ones who can determine which free tax-paying Americans are allowed to drive on a public street.
    No way. I have a hard time believing this.

Even if it IS DC.....
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4276185.shtml

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote: "Until a judge orders me to stop I'm going to do everything I can to protect the people in Trinidad," said Chief Lanier.

Well, there you have it folks.

1. Disregard the Bill of Rights.

2. Do it until a judge makes her stop. I suspect its politically driven, too. They gotta seem to be doing something to stop the deaths. Let the courts take the heat for undermining their "efforts".

I suspect there isa strong component of this in regard to DC's behavior after Heller. Ithink they are being as non-compliant as they canalso because they're trying toforce every shred of responsibility over to the court to save their political backsides.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

We need to start cleaning up our cities, starting from the top.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    Do you really consider the "leadership" in DC to be the top?

I was thinking of cleaning the gutters out first.

With fire.

Post imported post

Violent much?

Post imported post

I prefer the term effective.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

I was just today thinking that with the Heller victory for the 2nd Amendment, maybe its time to turn around and go after the 4th Amendment.

Think about it for a moment. Starting about 20 years ago, enough people united to turn aroundthe anti-gun trend.

I can think of no reason the people of the 50 states can't accomplish similar or more for 4A. You'd think it might even be easier since you have far more people affected by steady incroachment on 4A. With 2A you generally just have gun people. With 4A you potentially have every person stopped by a cop.

I hate to admit it on a gun forum, but I've had the idea for some months that weshould beworking hard for more than just guns. Think of the Bill of Rights as layers of protection. 2A is just the last layer. What if all the rest of the Bill of Rights are reduced in effectivenessand all we've got left are our guns?

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I hate to admit it on a gun forum....
    That you're concerned about the rights of yourself and others?

Why should you be ashamed of that?

Holistic protection of rights, my friend.

Post imported post

Oh, I don't see what the big deal is. The police are only here to protect you! That's why they banned handguns, too! These checkpoints are just another way for the government to keep people safe! If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, just co-operate and everything will be fine! Resistance is futile! Here, have a blue pill...

This is sosad and infuriating at the same time. Citizens need to stand up to these tyrants in charge. Show them their place.

I want to see some citizens exercising their rights at these checkpoints. Like the CheckpointUSA guy.

I wonder what would happen if a few thousand (at least) armed citizens peacefully marched into DC and demanded change? Make sure all weapons are unloaded or disabled, (heck, we could even carry fake wooden guns so as not to "break the law") and just peacefully march to Mayor Fenty's office...

...The bastards WORK FOR US, we don't bow to them!...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    I wonder what would happen if a few thousand (at least) armed citizens peacefully marched into DC and demanded change?
    Probably something like this:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/J1w4g2vr7B4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Followed by mass arrests.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I wonder how much damage that device does to the body?

If it goes through clothes, I imagine it penetrates deeper than the skin.

Also, its my understanding that microwave radiation can sterilize a male.

I wonder if aluminum foil would defeat it? Heh, heh, heh. A protester just wraps himself in aluminum foil, and maybe he's good to go?

Well, except for the eyes. He would need something to not cook his eyes.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

I wonder if aluminum foil would defeat it? Heh, heh, heh. A protester just wraps himself in aluminum foil, and maybe he's good to go?

I wonder how much damage it does when you are restrained or confined and can't get away from it. Like say, during an "aggressive" interrogation.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    SNIP I wonder how much damage that device does to the body?
    I wonder how much damage it does when you are restrained or confined and can't get away from it. Like say, during an "aggressive" interrogation.
    I was imagining the guy in front and the people behind are tripping and falling. The guy in frontcan't get away.

Post imported post

I'm imagining what it feels like to be a fly with my wings taped to the sidewalk and a sadistic child applying a magnifying glass...

State Researcher

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I wonder if aluminum foil would defeat it?
    Ever notice the "screen" in microwave oven doors?...wonder if something like that would work?

Post imported post

Hmm. It will sure be interesting to study that technology more and determine what really works to block it. Would tinfoil work? how about those reflective space blankets? That would look funny,like something out of a50's sci-fi movie:spacemen marching on Washington DC in silver suits.

OK, let's all march with wooden guns and mattresses!

...Thenafter we protest for our rights and knock over the raygun truck we can have a nap!...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Probably would just keep you from getting overly crispy on the wings and drumsticks.

Edit: (But a large mirror pointed straight back at it might give them a taste of their own medicine.)
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"Until a judge orders me to stop I'm going to do everything I can to protect the people in Trinidad," said Chief Lanier.
    Why not arrest violent criminals and put them in jail? That would help protect everyone. Could it be that so many of the violent criminals have close ties to DC politicians?

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

Mmm, looks like decently high frequency radio/microwaves, based on the reflector dish. It's essentially cooking any targeted object with electromagnetic radiation.

Short history of the microwave oven
    http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/microwaves/index.html

Longer and more detailed (interesting) version...
    http://www.americanheritage.com/arti...005_4_48.shtml

Aluminum foil would probably get you lots of nice sparks, or maybe something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhyWFvNw8w

Nowadays, dishes are made out of coated fiberglass or aluminum, to save on weight (see also: USC-60 Flyaway terminal). Only problem there is, they tend to be a bit brittle, and prone to breaking.

Also, the spread of the beam is probably.... 40 degrees? Maybe? And that's if it's a spread at all, and not just a 5ish-foot wide beam.

That's just a bit of off-the-cuff info for you. I can probably do some research and go more into detail if you want.

Post imported post

The beam is pretty focused, as you can see from the people jumping a few feet to one side to get out of the way, when the beam is fired from hundreds of feet away.

Back on topic, is any action being taken against the city to stop this? Any new news?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Back on topic, is any action being taken against the city to stop this? Any new news?
    Lawsuit filed in late June by four people stopped at roadblock(s).

A local news report found via google quoted Cathy Lanier, DC's top rights violator (police chief), as saying she was considering extending this harrassment of law-abiding citizens to other neighborhoods.

A google-found blog mentioned that NYC did something similar in the Bronx in the (90's?) and it was upheld by a court; but that in 2000 SCOTUS held something along these lines to be unconstitutional. The blog didn't cite the actual cases.