• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Checkpoints tonight!!

Thundar

imported post

Ch 13 (Hampton Roads) is running a story about shootings and checkpoints in DC tonight.

No link available from the channel's website.

In the name of public safety, the imperial DC govt will trample all of the citizens rights, not just the 2nd A.

jollybird

imported post

My hometown! They set up these road blocks and actually turn people away who do not live in the area or have some other valid reason to be in the area; as if they are the ones who can determine which free tax-paying Americans are allowed to drive on a public street. Then they can say..."see, there was no crime on this block last night!" Of course, the shootings just moved down the road a bit.:question:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There was an article in a recent DC newspaper.

The last batch of roadblocks generated some heat from decent people who were turned away or forced to park their car and walk. Lawsuits contremplated, if I recall.

By the way, the thread is a little mis-titled. Its not a checkpoint if honest, decent citizens can't assert their rights and pass.

Its a roadblock.

AbNo

imported post

jollybird wrote:
My hometown! They set up these road blocks and actually turn people away who do not live in the area or have some other valid reason to be in the area; as if they are the ones who can determine which free tax-paying Americans are allowed to drive on a public street.
No way. I have a hard time believing this.

Even if it IS DC.....

Tomahawk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

"Until a judge orders me to stop I'm going to do everything I can to protect the people in Trinidad," said Chief Lanier.

Well, there you have it folks.

1. Disregard the Bill of Rights.

2. Do it until a judge makes her stop. I suspect its politically driven, too. They gotta seem to be doing something to stop the deaths. Let the courts take the heat for undermining their "efforts".

I suspect there isa strong component of this in regard to DC's behavior after Heller. Ithink they are being as non-compliant as they can also because they're trying toforce every shred of responsibility over to the court to save their political backsides.

AbNo

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
We need to start cleaning up our cities, starting from the top.
Do you really consider the "leadership" in DC to be the top?

I was thinking of cleaning the gutters out first.

With fire.

kill20it20with20fire20ahj9.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
We need to start cleaning up our cities, starting from the top.

I was just today thinking that with the Heller victory for the 2nd Amendment, maybe its time to turn around and go after the 4th Amendment.

Think about it for a moment. Starting about 20 years ago, enough people united to turn aroundthe anti-gun trend.

I can think of no reason the people of the 50 states can't accomplish similar or more for 4A. You'd think it might even be easier since you have far more people affected by steady incroachment on 4A. With 2A you generally just have gun people. With 4A you potentially have every person stopped by a cop.

I hate to admit it on a gun forum, but I've had the idea for some months that weshould beworking hard for more than just guns. Think of the Bill of Rights as layers of protection. 2A is just the last layer. What if all the rest of the Bill of Rights are reduced in effectivenessand all we've got left are our guns?

Orygunner

imported post

Oh, I don't see what the big deal is. The police are only here to protect you! That's why they banned handguns, too! These checkpoints are just another way for the government to keep people safe! If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, just co-operate and everything will be fine! Resistance is futile! Here, have a blue pill...

:banghead:

This is sosad and infuriating at the same time. Citizens need to stand up to these tyrants in charge. Show them their place.

I want to see some citizens exercising their rights at these checkpoints. Like the CheckpointUSA guy.

I wonder what would happen if a few thousand (at least) armed citizens peacefully marched into DC and demanded change? Make sure all weapons are unloaded or disabled, (heck, we could even carry fake wooden guns so as not to "break the law") and just peacefully march to Mayor Fenty's office...

...The bastards WORK FOR US, we don't bow to them!...
...Orygunner...

Tomahawk

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I wonder what would happen if a few thousand (at least) armed citizens peacefully marched into DC and demanded change?
Probably something like this:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/J1w4g2vr7B4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Followed by mass arrests.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wonder how much damage that device does to the body?

If it goes through clothes, I imagine it penetrates deeper than the skin.

Also, its my understanding that microwave radiation can sterilize a male.

I wonder if aluminum foil would defeat it? Heh, heh, heh. A protester just wraps himself in aluminum foil, and maybe he's good to go?

Well, except for the eyes. He would need something to not cook his eyes.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I wonder how much damage that device does to the body?

If it goes through clothes, I imagine it penetrates deeper than the skin.

Also, its my understanding that microwave radiation can sterilize a male.

I wonder if aluminum foil would defeat it? Heh, heh, heh. A protester just wraps himself in aluminum foil, and maybe he's good to go?

Well, except for the eyes. He would need something to not cook his eyes.
I wonder how much damage it does when you are restrained or confined and can't get away from it. Like say, during an "aggressive" interrogation.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SNIP I wonder how much damage that device does to the body?
I wonder how much damage it does when you are restrained or confined and can't get away from it. Like say, during an "aggressive" interrogation.
I was imagining the guy in front and the people behind are tripping and falling. The guy in frontcan't get away.

Orygunner

imported post

Hmm. It will sure be interesting to study that technology more and determine what really works to block it. Would tinfoil work? how about those reflective space blankets? That would look funny,like something out of a50's sci-fi movie:spacemen marching on Washington DC in silver suits.

OK, let's all march with wooden guns and mattresses!

...Thenafter we protest for our rights and knock over the raygun truck we can have a nap!...
...Orygunner...