• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIRE MISSION - MSNBC poll

W.E.G.

imported post

FIRE MISSION - MSNBC poll

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25753541/

You have to click on the text that looks like this to get to the poll
Right in the middle of the article about two-thirds of the way down.
msnbc.jpg

takes you to this page:

msnbc2.jpg

current results:

msnbc3.jpg

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Obviously this may not be completely representative, but I feel the numbers of this poll are teling. The majority believe, understnd, and agree to the fundamental premise of 2A, but we still have som much unreasonable restrictions.

I think this is a clear sign that not enough people are motivated to keep our legislators in check by voting! Maybe I am wrong.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

livevote_icon.gif
Live VoteDo you agree with the Supreme Court's decision to strike down Washington D.C.'s handgun ban? 27696 responses

Yes. The Second Amendment clearly establishes "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."88%
dotRed.gif
No. The Second Amendment's wording of the right to bear arms refers to militias, not to individual self-defense.12%
dotRed.gif

How do you feel about gun control? 27758 responses

The regulation of all firearms is necessary to facilitate public safety.10%
dotRed.gif
The right to individual gun ownership is necessary to ensure freedom and personal security. 68%
dotRed.gif
Americans have the right to bear arms, but certain types of guns should be restricted.
22%
dotRed.gif

Do you own a gun? 27415 responses
Yes74%
dotRed.gif
No 26%

edited: for formatting