• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bumper Stickers and such on your vehicle

ghosthunter

imported post

I have had friends tell me that they do not put NRA stickers and such on their vehicles because they are afraid of being targeted. Either through car prowl or someone vandalise their rig. I am curious how many of you worry about this. One look at my truck and you know where my intrests lie. Between support the local range, My Sons a Marine, and NRA stickers. I have had no problem. But I do not live in Seattle either.

Whats your view?:question:

David.Car

imported post

Same logic behind not putting the brand stickers of your expensive radio, or other car alterations on there.

I drive a POS so doesn't bother me one way or another :)

Krinkovliu

imported post

I drive a 20 year old jeep that has a value of $0 on the resale market. However, I don't put any political stickers on it because I am am afraid that some jerk is going to take offense and key the exterior of the car.

What I would like to do is take one of those "War Is Terrorism" bumper stickers and reverse the words to "Terrorism Is War". From a logical standpoint both statements are equally true. However, some of our leftist beings don't understand this and would not tolerate the "Terrorism Is War" phrase.

Krinkovliu

Bear 45/70

imported post

My big old truck, a 1984 Ford F-250 extended cab super duty has a frickin' gun rack in the back window. often with a gun or two in it. Never had it touched, but then I live in a rural county. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger and it also has a gun rack, left over from when my daughter owned ir and never had an issue there either. I do drive to Olympia the Liberal Capitol of Washington regularly and never had an issue there either.

ScorpioMk

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I have a 1999 Ford Ranger and it also has a gun rack,

I have a 99 ranger too, and the back windows and tailgate are covered in stickers. I just dont have any political ones to put in it but I wouldnt hesitate. Most of my stickers are car related (drifting and drag racing). I should get a gun rack too I wouldnt have to take any cases with me when i go shooting.

Marcus

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

as soon as the guy gets to my order, my side windows will have a large Open Carry ad. 8 inch high .45 Auto, with the Open Carry web site and the words; Open Carry is legal, ask me how. Kind of like the Tshirt I designed.

bcp

imported post

A few years ago in Portland there was a burglar who would follow home cars with an NRA sticker, then return when no one was home.

Bruce

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've always thought a nice big sticker saying, "I and my attorney support the 4th Amendment" would be a conversation starter during a traffic stop.

Or maybe, "Support Your Local Internal Affairs Investigators."

Or maybe, "Interlocking Zones of Defense: The 2nd Amendment and the 4th Amendment."

Heh, heh, heh, "My Dad isa Litigator."

"Layered Protection: 6th, 5th, 4th, and 2nd Amendments."

mjohnson

imported post

I don't currently have any on my truck but I did make a sticker for my daughter-in-law while she was visiting a while back, at her request: "Guns cause crime like spoons made Rosie fat". Overused I know, but she had it on the car before she left for home. We get along well and she can out shoot us all.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Krinkovliu wrote:
I drive a 20 year old jeep that has a value of $0 on the resale market. However, I don't put any political stickers on it because I am am afraid that some jerk is going to take offense and key the exterior of the car.
That happened to my truck with a Rossi sticker on it the ONE time I had to park in Fremont. One of the reasons I won't go back to that cesspool.

kschmadeka

imported post

I think a good T-shirtmight say "Public Protection Provided By OpenCarry.Org". That might have a little more public appeal than just telling them it's legal. A statement of purpose like that might help make LEO harassers look bad too.

Kevin Schmadeka

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
I think a good T-shirtmight say "Public Protection Provided By OpenCarry.Org". That might have a little more public appeal than just telling them it's legal. A statement of purpose like that might help make LEO harassers look bad too.

Kevin Schmadeka

Not a bad idea at all.

I've been toying with an idea for a T-shirt: "Mobile Crime-free Zone" :)

just_a_car

imported post

Citizen wrote:
kschmadeka wrote:

Kevin Schmadeka

Not a bad idea at all.

I've been toying with an idea for a T-shirt: "Mobile Crime-free Zone" :)
I LOVE that logo for a T-shirt!

Check out this sticker I saw on my way to school one day:

gsx1138

imported post

I've had my old POS keyed with, "find Jesus","going to hell","Jesus Hater" and several other things that I can't post here. I can only assume it's because of the large Pentagram bumper sticker I had on there at the time. Being a practicing Pagan at the time I get about the same looks then as I do now when people Open Carry.

Needless to say I bought a smaller sticker for my new car. I'm guessing most people don't notice it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I've had my old POS keyed with, "find Jesus","going to hell","Jesus Hater" and several other things that I can't post here. I can only assume it's because of the large Pentagram bumper sticker I had on there at the time. Being a practicing Pagan at the time I get about the same looks then as I do now when people Open Carry.

Needless to say I bought a smaller sticker for my new car. I'm guessing most people don't notice it.
I've lived with a Witch for better than 30 years now. Messing with her is about as dangerous an act that I can think of. Worse than spitting on Superman's cape. Having her for back up makes it easy.

krazichinaman

imported post

I have my NRA sticker on the back window. You don't find those too often oncars that are into the import scene. :celebrateIts hard to see from this picture, but its right next to the rear wiper. I'll take a better pic this weekend.

DSC_0112.jpg