• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bumper Stickers and such on your vehicle

3/325

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I've had my old POS keyed with, "find Jesus","going to hell","Jesus Hater" and several other things that I can't post here. I can only assume it's because of the large Pentagram bumper sticker I had on there at the time. Being a practicing Pagan at the time I get about the same looks then as I do now when people Open Carry.

Needless to say I bought a smaller sticker for my new car. I'm guessing most people don't notice it.
That makes me angry. Just for the record, we aren't all like that. Some of us actually practice what we preach. I guess every barrel is going to have a rotten apple or two.

Bear 45/70

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
I've got
"What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?"

on the back of my rig
Well they aren't alone. The Supreme Court of the United States doesn't understand it as they allowed "reasonable restrictions" which pretty much says "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean what it says.
rolleyes.gif

retrodad

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
I have my NRA sticker on the back window. You don't find those too often oncars that are into the import scene. :celebrateIts hard to see from this picture, but its right next to the rear wiper. I'll take a better pic this weekend.
Nice "Odyssey" badge. Missing a few doors, ain'tcha? ;)

Richard6218

imported post

ghosthunter, I had two long paragraphs written and was about to click Post when my Internet Explorer crashed. Must have been some liberal hacking me. So now I start over.....

You have hit the nail on the head. Frankly, I'm scared to death putting ANY kind ofsticker on my car that has a conservative message. The liberals around here can't win a debate on the issues, so they silence the opposition with tactics like trashing peoples' cars. They are scum. A couple years ago I signed up for the Limbaugh Letter and they sent me a sticker that said "Still voting Democrat? You're stuck on stupid" I gave it a loud guffaw and tossed in in the trash because I didn't want to get my car keyed, or worse. I would have loved to put it on the car, but the libs have effectively silenced me.

All this has me wondering how this state can be run by people like that and at the same time have the gun laws we have. It's a basic contradiction that has me totally baffled. Anyone have any ideas on this?

just_a_car

imported post

Honestly, I think it says a lot about the people that make up the political parties in this state when one group is in fear of physical harm coming to them or their property for simply showing support for a candidate or an issue.

Richard6218

imported post

I just remembered a situation that happened in Portland aboutfour years ago. During the Rose Festival there was a substantial military presence as there always is, and there was a Marine Corps booth at the waterfront, along with all the other booths. As I always do, whenever I see a Marine I strike up a conversation, and it wasn't long before this guy, a Staff Sergeant with about four hash marks told me a story about his personal truck that was parked a few blocks away. He had Marine Corps stickers all over the back window of the cap, and he came back to find all his windows smashed in. This story has stuck with me ever since, and it's a lot of why I don't put political messages on my car. It's a sad state of affairs, when people can't express a political point of view in public. I guess that's life in the Northwest. (Mostly imported from California).

DEROS72

imported post

yeah If we let libs intimidate us over a bumper sticker then we have already lost.I had a gal fried with a pro life sticker on her car.It got keyed.Apperently free speech applies only their warped anti god,gun and life point of view.Personally when I see a lib sticker I will not lower myself to their standards.And will not stopspeaking or displaying a Godly ,And American point of view because they might scratch my car......I was on a VA bus one time and it was packed full of us Vietnam Vets.Except the tree hugging birkenstock wearing weenie liberal staffer in the back.Rush was on the radio and he actually said that we need to turn it off because these weren,t apprpriate points of view.All of turned spontaneously almost at once and shouted " SHUT UP". He remained quiet but said he will report to his superiors about having conservative radio on the VA bus.HE basically told a bunch of us combat vets some wounded for America that we were irrelivent...........

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car, you're right, but it only works one way. If you're liberal, you're safe, because I can't imagine conservatives doing stuff like that. Go ahead, put a Gregoire sticker on your car. You'll get a lot of cheers and hoots from the libs. Put a Rossi sticker on, and look out! You'll come out one morning and find the car sprayed with fluorescent paint.

just_a_car

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
just_a_car, you're right, but it only works one way. If you're liberal, you're safe, because I can't imagine conservatives doing stuff like that. Go ahead, put a Gregoire sticker on your car. You'll get a lot of cheers and hoots from the libs. Put a Rossi sticker on, and look out! You'll come out one morning and find the car sprayed with fluorescent paint.
I agree... I just figured I'd leave it in the general to point out that it's become intiutive to those that are "terrorized" by this political group and/or the fanatics therein.

Richard6218

imported post

DEROS72, your story is really telling. These libs' problem is that they can't win on the issues, so they try to silence the opposition with whatever tactics they think will work.The only way to overcome them is to defeat them at the ballot box. That jerk in the bus needs to get thrown UNDER the bus by his superiors. Good for you guys, telling him to shutup. At least that time he was out-shouted. There might be other times when the shoe is on the other foot.

Richard6218

imported post

Another thought: It's "the times". Old coot that I am, I can remember when people would go around wearing campaign buttons on their lapels for whatever candidate was running. Everyone wore one. (this was before bumper stickers were big stuff). Nobody worried about the kind of garbage we see today. The worst anyone would suffer for wearing the "wrong" button was a sly remark, like, "Sorry to see you're on the wrong side" Ahhhh, for the old days.....
sad.gif
Mostly, I remember the "I Like Ike" buttons ---- does that tell you anything?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
DEROS72, your story is really telling. These libs' problem is that they can't win on the issues, so they try to silence the opposition with whatever tactics they think will work.The only way to overcome them is to defeat them at the ballot box. That jerk in the bus needs to get thrown UNDER the bus by his superiors. Good for you guys, telling him to shutup. At least that time he was out-shouted. There might be other times when the shoe is on the other foot.
Everyone of you on that bus should have complained loud and long to the nitwit's supervisor and at least gotten his sorry butt written up if not fired.

Tomahawk

imported post

I am not naive enought to think that "conservatives" won't key your car any more than "liberals" will; as far as I'm concerned they're all equally illogical.

Your story about telling the one liberal on the bus to "shut up" tells me that when they don't feel outnumbered, conservatives love to intimidate their adversaries just as much as any other group-thinking human. And Rush's ditto-sheep are among the biggest group-thinkers there are.

So, no stickers of any kind on my vehicle, thank you very much.

krazichinaman

imported post

Jamfish wrote:
krazichinaman wrote:
I have my NRA sticker on the back window. You don't find those too often oncars that are into the import scene. :celebrateIts hard to see from this picture, but its right next to the rear wiper. I'll take a better pic this weekend.
Nice "Odyssey" badge. Missing a few doors, ain'tcha? ;)
Long story short, someone stole the Si badge on my car so I got mad and took all the stickers off. One of my friends, who was into cars thought my car looked like a "mini odyssey" so for xmas she bought me the badge. Now, the funny part is when I brought it into Honda to get something done, most of the people there said "When did we get a new Odyssey?" :what:

DEROS72

imported post

I will concede a point to Tomahawk.As consevative as I am There are nut bags on that side as well.I certainly do not condone those actions either.That being said I heve run into few Liberals that will not shut up when you try to express your point of few.All the can do is mimick cliches and slogans and not let you get a word in edgwise.AS for the bus the radio station was agreed on by all of us before this guy even got on.Besides why would we change it just because 1 person doesn't like it.That was a perfect example of the liberals trying to force thier aganda on the rest of us who in that instance was the majority.

On a side note a little off topic.I just got back from the safeway I always shop at.OC all the way.Talked to the manager at some length about the homeless guy at front hasseling customers.I have worked with placing homeless vets of and on occasion worked with Dave Reichert etc . He is also a Vietnam vet.Going to see if I can help get him some where.The point is the manager said nothing about the OC. As I was leaving one guy looked at me and said "I wish I could carry a .45 when I go out.I told him 'well you can" He was quite surprised when I told him that OC was Legal in Wa. And alas I happened to have 1 pamphlet left to give him.He was quite surprised when I gave him a short brief on WA. gun rights.I metion all this because I am in the safeway there all the time and they seem to have no problem with OC .All the conversations I have had to date have been very positive.

I have found him in my dealings to be a pretty stand up guy.....I say this because at least in the conversations I have had he is very pro 2A

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a browning sticker on the back window.

Other than just one small sticker like thatI personally hatestickers on my cars and the stupid dealer stickers, its not free advertisement for them, I tell them to take them off or I'm not buying a car from them, and I never stick anything on the paint.

If you put them on your car fine thats up to you, and sometimes they're funny.

Some stickers tell a lot about the person, I just prefer people I don't know not to know too much.

What I cant stand is the whole family of stickers people put on the back window and then people put their names above or below them, sure lets go around and tell everyone how many kids we have and what their names are.

DEROS72

imported post

That is a most excellent point.I have seen that as well and have to look in bemusement "What are they thinking?????

Cremator75

imported post

No stickers here, just different pro-gun or political shirts for me. No one has ever tried to key me or peal my shirt off. The "political discussion" usually ends when they see the gun on my hip. Funny how some people think it is going to come to life, jump up and shoot them by itself.