• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here are some tip from the state of IL if your wife/gf/signifigant other is being raped

hsmith

imported post

http://www.sao.co.st-clair.il.us/sexalt.asp
  • [size="+1"]Talking your way out of a situation. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Telling the rapist you're pregnant, menstruating, or afflicted with a communicable disease can be an effective ploy. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Faking submission and waiting for an appropriate opportunity to make an escape. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Urinating, defecating, or vomiting. [/size]
So, in addition to being raped, you can degrade yourself for an extra bonus. Imagine saying "don't rape me, I have AIDS" and him responding "It's ok, I do too!" :uhoh:

Their "fighting back" section is interesting

• [size="+1"]If you choose to fight, fight effectively. A half-hearted attempt at resistance could be worse than no resistance at all. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Before initiating a physical defense, you should be aware of your capabilities-both physical and mental. If you cannot imagine yourself exerting whatever force necessary to ward off an attacker, then perhaps a more passive approach is more viable for you. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Have some idea of what you intend to do should you be attacked. If you have given prior thought to the matter, you will be better prepared to avoid debilitating panic. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Self defense classes aimed at teaching everyday defensive maneuvers can help build confidence. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Don't underestimate the power of your voice as an effective defensive tool. If you feel your voice may fail you when you need it most, practice screaming. [/size]
So, your voice is an effective weapon to combat rape. Practice screaming. But don't practice carrying a gun. If you don't think you are strong enough to fight back, then fall back to vomiting on yourself. If neither of those work, just go along with it.

Got it! Thanks government.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. Most self-defense classes are a joke as well; my sisters took some. Kneeing the instructor, that isn't even giving it 5% effort, in the balls is a far cry fromtaking downa guy that hell bent on raping you.Can't wait until my gf is old enough to carry.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hsmith wrote:
http://www.sao.co.st-clair.il.us/sexalt.asp
  • [size="+1"]Talking your way out of a situation. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Telling the rapist you're pregnant, menstruating, or afflicted with a communicable disease can be an effective ploy. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Faking submission and waiting for an appropriate opportunity to make an escape. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Urinating, defecating, or vomiting. [/size]
So, in addition to being raped, you can degrade yourself for an extra bonus. Imagine saying "don't rape me, I have AIDS" and him responding "It's ok, I do too!" :uhoh:

• [size="+1"]If you choose to fight, fight effectively. A half-hearted attempt at resistance could be worse than no resistance at all. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Before initiating a physical defense, you should be aware of your capabilities-both physical and mental. If you cannot imagine yourself exerting whatever force necessary to ward off an attacker, then perhaps a more passive approach is more viable for you. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Have some idea of what you intend to do should you be attacked. If you have given prior thought to the matter, you will be better prepared to avoid debilitating panic. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Self defense classes aimed at teaching everyday defensive maneuvers can help build confidence. [/size]
  • [size="+1"]Don't underestimate the power of your voice as an effective defensive tool. If you feel your voice may fail you when you need it most, practice screaming. [/size]
So, your voice is an effective weapon to combat rape. Practice screaming. But don't practice carrying a gun. If you don't think you are strong enough to fight back, then fall back to vomiting on yourself. If neither of those work, just go along with it.

Got it! Thanks government.
This is hillarious!

"Don't rape me, I am crack addicted, pregnant woman and have HIV. I am also prone to vomiting and uncontrollable defecating and urinating so don't be alarmed. If you should continue to rape me I will not resist unless I THINK I can suceed, so just make sure you hold me down tight. Oh, and I may try to scream, so don't forget the gag."

Perhaps it would be better to arm yourself and be aware of your surroundings to make every reasonable attempt to not become a victim in the first place, then you don't have to degrade yourself.

But what I find more troubling than the above statement is that in they consider rape to be against a woman!! Not a man! Men can be raped too!

imperialism2024

imported post

Well, I got a very good female friend of mine, who lives in a Philly suburb, who works and goes to school in Philly, and who is anti-gun, to start carrying OC spray... I'm working on her. :banghead:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Theseus wrote:
This is hillarious!

"Don't rape me, I am crack addicted, pregnant woman and have HIV. I am also prone to vomiting and uncontrollable defecating and urinating so don't be alarmed. If you should continue to rape me I will not resist unless I THINK I can suceed, so just make sure you hold me down tight. Oh, and I may try to scream, so don't forget the gag."

Perhaps it would be better to arm yourself and be aware of your surroundings to make every reasonable attempt to not become a victim in the first place, then you don't have to degrade yourself.

But what I find more troubling than the above statement is that in they consider rape to be against a woman!! Not a man! Men can be raped too!
+1 Excellent job pointing out the absurdity of their position.

curtiswr

imported post

I'm helping my girlfriend buy a gun and taking her to the range. Her first and only course of action if she is being raped will be to shoot the prick (no pun intended). She works late and is soon to start night classes; I will be at least somewhat comforted once she gets her CHP and can carry.

That just dumbfounds me ,as well as angers, that that is their official stance on it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

trailblazer2003

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
That just dumbfounds me ,as well as angers, that that is their official stance on it.

It really is jacked up. Seriously, do the LEO's in IL tell this same crap to their mothers, wives and girlfriends?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
curtiswr wrote:

It really is jacked up. Seriously, do the LEO's in IL tell this same crap to their mothers, wives and girlfriends?
The ones that I know? Absolutely not. I've been scuba diving with several IL LEOs and one of my parent's best friends is now retired ILSP. I don't know about northern IL LEOs, but from what I gather, in southern IL and rural areas as far north as Champaign-Urbana there is a HUGE disconnect between what the LEO administrators, especially in the ILSP, think and say and what the LEOs on the street think. My parent'sLEO friend encouraged my mother to get a handgun, offered to walk her through the FOID process, help her pick it out and to take her to the range and give her as much training as she wanted in it's use.

MontanaCZ

imported post

My guess... written by someone who has not had it happen and is not prepared physically or mentally for it to happen.

My wife has heard this response before, and it make her blood boil each time it does...

-MTCZ

swillden

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Her first and only course of action if she is being raped will be to shoot the prick
I'd recommend telling her to shoot center mass instead. Hitting such a tiny target is going to be really difficult.

trailblazer2003

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
trailblazer2003 wrote:
curtiswr wrote:

The ones that I know? Absolutely not. I've been scuba diving with several IL LEOs and one of my parent's best friends is now retired ILSP. I don't know about northern IL LEOs, but from what I gather, in southern IL and rural areas as far north as Champaign-Urbana there is a HUGE disconnect between what the LEO administrators, especially in the ILSP, think and say and what the LEOs on the street think. My parent'sLEO friend encouraged my mother to get a handgun, offered to walk her through the FOID process, help her pick it out and to take her to the range and give her as much training as she wanted in it's use.
Illinois does have vastly different attitudes depending on how far north or south you live. It is nice to know that some LEO's will do what they can to help a person learn to protect themselves, at least at home. I still can't help but wonder how many LEO spouses are actually carrying concealed in IL. I'm betting there is a percentage, and it is probably know to the departments they live near. Guess you could add certain spouses to the list of mayors, PI's, alderman, etc that get to conceal carry.

Who knows, maybe i'm wrong.

curtiswr

imported post

swillden wrote:
curtiswr wrote:
Her first and only course of action if she is being raped will be to shoot the prick
I'd recommend telling her to shoot center mass instead. Hitting such a tiny target is going to be really difficult.

Hey now, I said no pun intended. :D

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

My father is an LEO in Cook County (I know, I know, hold on) and is a very gun friendly guy. He has the same morales and beliefs as many people on here. Sure, he has to infringe on people's rights all the time, however, he has no choice, it's his job. I've found that most cops in Northern IL think the laws are bullshit, most of the people think so too.

I think it's just the politicians that don't want guns around. they are the only ones stopping us. I'm sure if we all gave them a nice friendly visit in the middle of Chicago (say a million people?) protesting the gun laws in the city, maybe it would send a real message, but it wouldn't do anything. The politicians still control the laws. Until we get them out, nothing's gonna change. That is, unless, if the Heller case doesn't change it for us in the near future.

DEROS72

imported post

Wow this is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I live in the Seattle area and sit in Starbucks every morning in the safeway near where I live with my Para Companion hanging out .The only thing a LEo ever said to me was "What do you carry.? Have a good day"One guy standing in line behind me said "I'll feel safer with you standing in line than not.These Il. laws I have been hearing about are the most insane thing I have ever heard of.

junglebob

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
My father is an LEO in Cook County (I know, I know, hold on) and is a very gun friendly guy. He has the same morales and beliefs as many people on here. Sure, he has to infringe on people's rights all the time, however, he has no choice, it's his job. I've found that most cops in Northern IL think the laws are bull@#$%, most of the people think so too.

I think it's just the politicians that don't want guns around. they are the only ones stopping us. I'm sure if we all gave them a nice friendly visit in the middle of Chicago (say a million people?) protesting the gun laws in the city, maybe it would send a real message, but it wouldn't do anything. The politicians still control the laws. Until we get them out, nothing's gonna change. That is, unless, if the Heller case doesn't change it for us in the near future.
I hope you are right about cops in Northern Illinois. I was at a Second Amendment Freedom Rally in Chicago on July 11. To show you how screwed up Chicago is not only is handgun carry banned, but so is carry of knives with blades over 2" and pepper spray. I normally carry a Kimber pepper spray unit which is legal in the rest of the state as are longer bladed knives.

The media in Chicago is very anti-gun. The Second Amendment Rally was attended by a conservative estimate of 500 or 600 people. The Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times did not report on the event, though some media people were there and someone saw someone with a Tribune ID tag. The Tribune will report on Jesse Jackson and a dozen demonstrators demonstrating at a Chicago gun shop however.

Someone said that about 1500 pieces of literature were handed out at the Second Amendment Rally, so some people were reached with the message.

WhiteRabbit22, You might try open carrying in some unincorporated area around Chicago and see how your theory on the majority of cops in Northern Illinois being pro-gun works out.

Winnebago County may be the exception for gun friendlyness, they have a resolution coming before their county board to issue concealed carry permits for the county and possibly "allow" open carry with an Illinois Firearm Owners ID card.

DEROS72

imported post

Can,t believe sometimes what I read about in Illinois.To illustrate the difference(I live near the airport in Seattle) Here is what happened to me when I walked up to the store earlier todayto by smokes.

I was just walking back from 7-11 from picking up smokes.(in Seatac)These 2 LEO"S in unmarked SUV just pulled up along side real fast.They had huge smiles on their faces.the driver said .We had to stop,not everday we see a guy walking down international blvd with a gun on his hip..I then said politely "this is an open carry state is it not?" He said "yeah ,but we just don,t see it every day we had to look"He asked do you live around here?"I said yeah I live in --------------Apts."They both kind of laughed and said" I'd be carrying my gun to if I lived there" They drove off kind of chuckleing and said "have a good night ,be safe."Off they went.I got to say these guys were great.They had a laugh over the whole thing. Did not ask for ID ,name or anything.And being inNice shorts and a microsoft golf shirt probably could see I was not the bad guy.Being in an unmarked SUV I couldn,t tell if they were Demoines or seatac officers.It,s nice to see goodcops that concern themselves with the real bad guys....

trailblazer2003

imported post

junglebob wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote: Winnebago County may be the exception for gun friendlyness, they have a resolution coming before their county board to issue concealed carry permits for the county and possibly "allow" open carry with an Illinois Firearm Owners ID card.
JB - How is the resolution progressing? Any state backlash yet, are they waiting to see the end result?

Anubis

imported post

I looked at the page linked in the original post of this thread. Wow, not 1 word about using any tool in the section on active defense. No mention of knife, pepper spray,or even stabbing the attacker with a key or comb. Why don't they just come out and state what they really mean: "don't even think about defending yourself, just hope you live through it"?

N00blet45

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Actually their "fighting back" section is good advice in combination with a firearm.

Let me paraphrase them as they apply to firearms

1- Shoot to kill
2- Don't draw your weapon unless you're ready to use it
3- Be aware of what is around you
4- Practice, practice, practice
5- Order them to cease their activities while holding them at gunpoint (best I could come up with)

I'm sure Illinois doesn't allow their citizens to own pepper spray, tasers, or knives either. If you're going to be a criminal for defending yourself you might as well make your defensive weapon the most effective you can get.