• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here are some tip from the state of IL if your wife/gf/signifigant other is being raped

PT111

imported post

The one ironic thing about this thread is that I don't think anyone posting in it has any fear of getting raped. Probably the person who came up with the tips doesn't either. One thing that does stand out in this lis is:

If you choose to fight, fight effectively. A half-hearted attempt at resistance could be worse than no resistance at all.

I cannot who made this comment but was raked over the coals repeatedly for it"When rape is eneviatble, just go ahead and enjoy it". Sounds terrible but may be something to it. Rape is and act of violence not sex. Very few rapes are for teh sexual pleasure but rather for the power and control over their victim. A half hearted resistance is exactly what they want. In fact insame cases if the victim doesn't fight back then they don't care about it at all.

This is not to say anything other than be prepared and a gun, knive, mace, pepper spray or baseball bat is a start for protection. But what if you don't have any of those, are you suppose to say wait, I don't have my gun on me because I can't carry right now but I am protesting with my empty holster.

LongRider

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I cannot who made this comment but was raked over the coals repeatedly for it"When rape is eneviatble, just go ahead and enjoy it". Sounds terrible but may be something to it. Rape is and act of violence not sex.
It was a commonly accepted myth created by the anti self defense fanatics like Sara Brady. The media bought and sold it so well for a time it was even taught in schools as the correct thing to do. Until the body count began to sky rocket, being passive will get a woman killed. Having had family members brutally raped and having spent years working with rape victims everytime I hear that one I want to bend tha ahole saying it over and tell him just enjoy it while I give them a wood rasp enema. SICK STUPID advice that got lots of women killed. Trash put out and perpetuated by idiots who have no clue what they are talking about but run off at the mouth clueless because after all what do they care if some woman they do not know gets killed fro listening to their stupidity

PT111 wrote:
In fact insame cases if the victim doesn't fight back then they don't care about it at all.
Really can you cite one instance of that being a fact or is that just an assumtion you are willing to bet womens lives on? If it is sound advice have your sister and mother follow it. When you attend their funneral you will know who got them there. I'll be happy to tell you I told you so

PT111 wrote:
This is not to say anything other than be prepared and a gun, knive, mace, pepper spray or baseball bat is a start for protection. But what if you don't have any of those, are you suppose to say wait, I don't have my gun on me because I can't carry right now but I am protesting with my empty holster.
What a woman is supposed to do is fight with everything anything she has. Fight as if her life depended upon it because it does.

PT111

imported post

LongRider wrote:
PT111 wrote:
I cannot who made this comment but was raked over the coals repeatedly for it"When rape is eneviatble, just go ahead and enjoy it". Sounds terrible but may be something to it. Rape is and act of violence not sex.
It was a commonly accepted myth created by the anti self defense fanatics like Sara Brady. The media bought and sold it so well for a time it was even taught in schools as the correct thing to do. Until the body count began to sky rocket, being passive will get a woman killed. Having had family members brutally raped and having spent years working with rape victims everytime I hear that one I want to bend tha ahole saying it over and tell him just enjoy it while I give them a wood rasp enema. SICK STUPID advice that got lots of women killed. Trash put out and perpetuated by idiots who have no clue what they are talking about but run off at the mouth clueless because after all what do they care if some woman they do not know gets killed fro listening to their stupidity
I would never recommend that to anyone but it is like asking a person tied to the stake in front of a firing squad if they want a cigarette. Or perhaps an man standing with a noose around his neck for last words. If you are going to die or get raped or whatever what are you supposed to do? There would be no way that any normal woman or person could ever enjoy being raped but makes about as much sense as saying stop.
PT111 wrote:
In fact insame cases if the victim doesn't fight back then they don't care about it at all.
Really can you cite one instance of that being a fact or is that just an assumtion you are willing to bet womens lives on? If it is sound advice have your sister and mother follow it. When you attend their funneral you will know who got them there. I'll be happy to tell you I told you so
Are you trying to say that rape is not an act of violence? If so then you are crazy. Rape is a feeling of power and control. It really doesn't matter if it is all out criminal rape or date rape. If there is no resistance then a large part of the thrill for many is gone. Most or almost all will still go through with it but the satisfaction that they thought is no longer there.
PT111 wrote:
What a woman is supposed to do is fight with everything anything she has. Fight as if her life depended upon it because it does.
The whole point I wa trying to make is in a rape case there is no almost, no half hearted and no maybes. If you aren't going to fight with everything you have then there is no use in trying to resist. You are exactly correct that her life depends on it. Its like shooting to wound or firing a warning shot. If you are not committed to defending yourself then you have lost.
BTW - I have three daughters so yes I have an interest in this topic.

LongRider

imported post

PT111 wrote:
If there is no resistance then a large part of the thrill for many is gone. Most or almost all will still go through with it but the satisfaction that they thought is no longer there.
So the rapist is not satisfied that makes the woman less raped how? Fact is the rapist WILL get his satisfaction one way or the other if the woman does not fight for all she is worth.

Rather than respond point by point as it it starting to get to be a mess. I will try to reply to your post generally If I miss something let me know. You tell them to fight and keep fighting with whatever they have however they can. What I told my daughters is to fight no matter what happens no matter how badly they are hurt they are to FiGHT bite it off do everything and anything that is needed. FIGHT get away

What was found out was the advise of going along with it act like you enjoy it was that it got women hurt and hundreds killed. You are right rape is not about sex it is about rage, power control and dominance. There is no sense of power control and dominance if the victim is playing along. Not once not ever did the rapist lose interest and just walk away or stop. Instead they would escalate they would maim mutilate and kill their victims to assert their power control and dominance. If the victim acted like they liked it they would get it in a way the rapist was sure they did not like it. That is why I said that tactic got women killed not because it is an ineffective tactic (which it is) but because it would enrage the rapist further and did cause women to get killed who may not have been otherwise. The rapist's violence increased, many rapists who were not homicidal came to be homicidal to get their sick jollies off. Often once a rapist kills the killing not rape becomes their fix. the ultimate power and control fix. They progress from serial rapist to serial killer and there are far more of them than you may imagine. One example is I interviewed Ken Bianchi the Hillside Strangler. The first woman he killed he killed unintentionally By the time he was caught and he said this he no longer needed to take his pants off their death throws did it for him. The evidence supports that. His last victims were not raped.
Granted that sick maggot is an extreme example still he is not that different Rapists hate and despise women, when one of their victims plays along or acts like they like it. That validates for the rapist that women are dirty whores, it plays into their anger, it enrages them and as I said the violence escalates so they can prove they are the ones in control in power and to punish the dirty whore
My daughters have grown up taking martial arts classes, in high school they carried covert non weapon weapons. Off school grounds they carried knives once they are 21 they will carry guns. They will never ever play along give in or act like they like it. Instead they will.. well do what is needed they will fight.
An aside women who get raped often feel at fault that it is their fault. Yes we all know how wrong and insane that thought is. So do they but it does not change how they feel. Women who fought for all they were worth have an easier time getting past that guilt and shame. Easier is not the best word there is nothing easy about any of it for any of these beautiful ladies these animals do so much damage too
Anyway what you tell your little girls is to fight for all they are worth. That at least gives them a chance to come home to you alive and not in a box. That is what I told and continue to tell my babies and every single woman I love and care about.

Thundar

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I'm helping my girlfriend buy a gun and taking her to the range. Her first and only course of action if she is being raped will be to shoot the prick (no pun intended). She works late and is soon to start night classes; I will be at least somewhat comforted once she gets her CHP and can carry.

That just dumbfounds me ,as well as angers, that that is their official stance on it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
No permit is needed to open carry a handgun in Virginia, only to conceal

junglebob

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
hsmith wrote:
Their "fighting back" section is interesting
  • [size=+1]If you choose to fight, fight effectively. A half-hearted attempt at resistance could be worse than no resistance at all. [/size]
  • [size=+1]Before initiating a physical defense, you should be aware of your capabilities-both physical and mental. If you cannot imagine yourself exerting whatever force necessary to ward off an attacker, then perhaps a more passive approach is more viable for you. [/size]
  • [size=+1]Have some idea of what you intend to do should you be attacked. If you have given prior thought to the matter, you will be better prepared to avoid debilitating panic. [/size]
  • [size=+1]Self defense classes aimed at teaching everyday defensive maneuvers can help build confidence. [/size]
  • [size=+1]Don't underestimate the power of your voice as an effective defensive tool. If you feel your voice may fail you when you need it most, practice screaming. [/size]
Actually their "fighting back" section is good advice in combination with a firearm.

Let me paraphrase them as they apply to firearms

1- Shoot to kill
2- Don't draw your weapon unless you're ready to use it
3- Be aware of what is around you
4- Practice, practice, practice
5- Order them to cease their activities while holding them at gunpoint (best I could come up with)

I'm sure Illinois doesn't allow their citizens to own pepper spray, tasers, or knives either. If you're going to be a criminal for defending yourself you might as well make your defensive weapon the most effective you can get.
You are wrong on pepper spray and knives outside Chicago there aren't restrictions, unless its local ordinances in some similar anti-gun anti-self defense city, if you are doing something illegal blade length can get you in some extra trouble.

Change may be coming as Winnebago countyboard will be voting on issuing concealed carry permits and possibly allowing open carry for those with Firearm Owners ID (FOID) cards. They may also recognize other state or county permits. Neighboring Boone County is talking about doing the same and the states attorney in MaconCounty is having several attorneys work on ageneric conceal carry resolution any county could use. If it should come about county by county look for Cook County to be the very last.

FogRider

imported post

<devils advocate>
While there is no specific mention of using a weapon unless you figure it into "an effective defense", this does seem like good advice for someone who is unarmed. I saw nothing in there that could be read as "harfing on yourself is better than carrying a gun". There is no mention of using a weapon at all, just that if you are going to fight back, make sure you can do so effectively, which may include a weapon.
</devils advocate>

Starting from the assumption that the potential victim is unarmed (for any reason), is there any advice listed that is bad?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Bottom LIne: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The Illinois State Government... city governments (Chicago et al) are ALL in violation of the Constitution of the United States... and have been for years. This is Tyranny!

'Seems your citizens willingly swallow this criminality whole... and think it's normal. You get the government you deserve. Note to women: Carry a pistol 'n know how to use it. The Constitution should never be trumped by this garbage. Neither should your own personal safety. 2nd place is DEAD!

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

swillden wrote:
curtiswr wrote:
Her first and only course of action if she is being raped will be to shoot the prick
I'd recommend telling her to shoot center mass instead. Hitting such a tiny target is going to be really difficult.
If the perp has his magnifying glass and twezzers then maybe "it would seem larger than it was":exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

chicago guy

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
This is why I gave my girlfriend (well, ex-gf) a CRKT Hissatsu. I hope she still carries it with her and not just in her purse.
Nope, the advice is good IF YOU ARE UNARMED. Too bad Illinois doesn't offer any other option. Here in Chicago we only allow gangbangers and public officials to have guns.