• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun interaction with some Brits.

CPerdue

imported post

Got a grin at the show in Salem today, a family of three British tourists came in. Dad, after politely asking permission to handle the merchandise, had son, ~14, pose with various er, toys. Mom took pictures. I got him into proper posture and got in a few safety pointers. "Yes we know it is unloaded, still don't point it at anyone. Keep you finger off the trigger". I think Dad was pleased.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CPerdue wrote:
Got a grin at the show in Salem today, a family of three British tourists came in. Dad, after politely asking permission to handle the merchandise, had son, ~14, pose with various er, toys. Mom took pictures. I got him into proper posture and got in a few safety pointers. "Yes we know it is unloaded, still don't point it at anyone. Keep you finger off the trigger". I think Dad was pleased.
Good show. Improving international relationships.
Perhaps the Brits will get their self-defense rights back one day.
Hopefully a lot easier than we got ours.

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excellent that they got to see how important safety is to us gun owners. Sounds great that they got to handle guns, learn about some safety matters and see that none of them just went off and hurt anyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Takezo wrote:
You should have taken them over to the muzzel-loading section...

Deleted part of quote by Grapeshot
We do not unnecessarily insult people that have come to visit us, sir. We extend the hand of friendship to them.

One of OCDOs regular contributors until he's demise was TruBrit. Never a finer gentleman nor more stalwart champion of individual liberties. You would well to emulate some of his qualities.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sad, very sad. Some people must feel so...so.....inadequate.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Takezo wrote:
And yes... I do insult foreigners when it seems appropriate.

ST

If only you knew when it was appropriate.

Your view of the world, and of Right and Wrong surely differ from the views of others - else you would be just like everybody else. However, you seem to have a rather strong opinion of the rightness of your views, even when it comes to helping folks from a country where the great social experiment in disarmament has gone completely bad, to see why we here in America are so adamant in not following their lead.

If that sentence was too long or convoluted, let me know. I can make it short and sweet, if you need or prefer it that way.

As an ambassador for OC and RKBA, you could use some more education in the art of diplomacy.

skidmark

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Takezo wrote:
I mentioned to him that the city as rife with dope shops and legalized prostitution.

Funny, because these things aren't a problem. The drug problems in Amsterdam are a result of the prohibition of "hard" drugs (something the U.S. has its fair share of blame for), just like in the U.S.

There is no problem with legalized prostitution.

Where the hell do you get off insulting that foreigner that way? Your ignorance and moral "superiority" are a black mark on all Americans.

G

Gentleman Ranker

imported post

Back in the late 70s (after the Bicentennial, but not too much after) I was serving in Europe, and had a friend in the British military police. Took him and his wife to the movies on our post one day (it may have been around the 4th of July), and while we stood for the national anthem, the theater helpfully showed British redcoats being shot down as they charged up Bunker Hill.

AWK-ward. :shock:

The Brit's wife asked him what was being shown, and he gave her a brief and courteous (to me) explanation. I made an apology for it afterwards, but we all had a laugh about it and that was that.

As to insulting foreigners ... I default to thinking of them as guests, and so long as they behave as a guest, I give them the courtesy I would a guest.

regards,

GR

IanB

imported post

Yes, just what we need. An "ambassador" from America, flying to foreign countries... to tell THEM on THEIR SOIL how messed up their country is. If I was Dutch and you said that to me I would have punched your two front teeth out while informing you that most of the dope smokers and prostitution "johns" in the Netherlands are TOURISTS from the US and UK. And before you tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about, for the record I have been to the Netherlands roughly 70 times. Every time I saw someone on drugs, acting a fool... drunk in public, fighting in the streets, etc they were almost ALWAYS Americans.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seems we have discovered a homophobic TROLL.

Probably time to cut him off.

stay safe.

skidmark

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Seems we have discovered a homophobic TROLL.

Probably time to cut him off.

stay safe.

skidmark

I think he may be worse than that. He's soundiong like a liberal anti-gunner that is trying to make the OC group look like fanatics, that they like to claim that gun owners are.

I think we have been infiltrated.

:X

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And I think some people here have not picked up on the fact that sarcasm on the internet is easily missed.

(Hint: I don't think he is serious, I think he is using satire. At least I hope that is the case.)

Prophet

imported post

I think that Takezo is such a caricature of the ignorant american that he has to be an infiltrated mole of some anti gunner designed just to negate all the valid points that the rest of us make. The easiest way to discount a groups valid point is to show them as ignorant and intolerant. Instead of pointing out the valid concerns we make, our enemies will quickly seize upon a snippet or soundbiteof ignoramous jackasses like Takezo in order to dismiss the group outright.

I actually hope that Takezo is putting on an act because the thought of someone being as ignorant and hypocritical as he makes me feel a little sick.

Why hypocritical? Because he would also be the first to rebuff a foreigner who catergorizes Amercians as gun toting cowboys but does not hesitate in stereotyping broad spectrums of other nations in the same manner.

Prophet

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
And I think some people here have not picked up on the fact that sarcasm on the internet is easily missed.

(Hint: I don't think he is serious, I think he is using satire. At least I hope that is the case.)

I get sarcasm...and i chalked the first post up to it. But to keep beating a dead horse is a bit much and makes me question his satirical prowess.

The satiirist who writes nothing but satire should write but little, or it will seem that his satire springs rather from his own caustic nature than from the sins of the world in which he lives.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

johnnyb wrote:
you sound like a liberal, i don't think you should be able to own "guns" either. i'm calling the cops right now.

Now now, I didn't say he shouldn't be able to, I said he shouldn't. Key difference. There are plenty of people I know that shouldn't own firearms, but I'm not going to go to the government and try to force my opinion into their life as law.

I don't think children should own firearms because they're not mature enough to handle them properly. I think everyone agrees with me on this. I don't believe that this person, should he really feel the way he does, should own a fire-arm either for much the same reason. Again, doesn't mean I'm going to try and force my will upon him.