• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC, AP, CNN radio are covering the Idaho Zoo story tomorrow all over the USA!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think your effort was great - John and I took the calls from AP and ABC respectively. Hopefully there will be more coverage thruout the week. I then got a call from CNN - expect this to be blasted nationwide at drive time.

I recommend the Idaho groups decide now where their next event will be so they can tell reporters - I like the idea of a day of service picking up trash that i think somebody recommended - I think the New Hampshire folks do that.

Maybe you can "adopt a highway" too!

Hiredgun30

imported post

i have an idea.. why dont we clean up a section of pleasant valley road near the prisons south of boise.. we will be cleaing up the tank tracks by default and thus
helping out the national guard.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I have been contacted by KPVI News 6 in Pocatello, Idaho. They are looking for an articulate, professional open carrier from Idaho to appear live (for 30 minutes) on a Saturday news show either this coming Saturday or one in the very near future.

If you are interested, please email me at john@opencarry.org and I will put you in touch with the anchor.

PS. I haven't had a chance to say so yet, but YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Way to represent the cause!

Idahogirl 559

imported post

The Idaho group is planning an event. Not sure what it is yet. But I know in September we are have a target practice day at my place. I live in the county on 30 acres.
Idahogirl559
Carol:lol:

Saint

imported post

563 wrote:
Perhaps Indianaboy would like to be the face? since saint is out of town.
If indiana want's to do it that is cool with me. I am happy to do interviews anytime that I am in town but as it appears this is going to happen before then we should get someone else to do it for now.

imported post

I'll even kick in $50 for gas to help ya 2 out, I'm just camera shy, I rather be behind the camera than in front of it.

Personally I feel Saint is the best Face for our group, young bright intelligent man, very articulate, and possess's excellent communication skills.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Thanks to all who volunteered and provided me with their contact information.

Given their timeline and the order in which people contacted me, I put them in touch with IdahoCorsair.

I also told them that there were other members who would be willing to be on live if they would like. I have not heard back from them but if they indicate an interest, I will pass on all the contact info that others have sent me.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help! You guys in Idaho are on the ball!!!

John

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Excellent choice. He should change his name to Mr Smiles or something though; everytime I see him he has this huge grin on his face that immidiately disarms people. :lol: maybe, Mr Cheese?