• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky OC group needs an attorney & Flip video cameras

The Kentucky OC group should organize behind an attorney to put an end to OC harassment by LEO, unti

• No, we don't need a lawyer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Statesman

imported post

Interesting. No KRS statute for disturbing the peace? I should have checked first! I'll have to give the instructor a call about this Monday. I'll follow up here with his answer.

Yeah, I heard about that case. As you indicate, the media made it out to be an arrest based on the fact she did not return library books. Hilarous!

superdemon

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Interesting. No KRS statute for disturbing the peace? I should have checked first! I'll have to give the instructor a call about this Monday. I'll follow up here with his answer.

Yeah, I heard about that case. As you indicate, the media made it out to be an arrest based on the fact she did not return library books. Hilarous!
"Disorderly Conduct", but no DTP.

Statesman

imported post

Edit:

When you title a thread like this:

The Kentucky OC group should organize behind an attorney to put an end to OC harassment by LEO, until such a time LEOs are properly reprimanded and systematically educated on the 2nd Ammendment, and the KY Constitution.

Then, yes, it looks like you are out to punish LEOs as a group, instead of dealing on an administrative level with the specific officers who act improperly. If there is one thing that LEO resent, it is when we are painted with a broad brush because of the actions of a few, just like any one else would.

Superdemon,

First and foremost, I clearly do not speak for others here, as a group, although they may have voted for the option on the poll, or may agree with some of my ideas. When I wrote that thread heading, I was also upset at reading about the harassment against law abiding citizens, as well as watching some of the New Hampshire videos on youtube.

I have done my best to be careful with what words I choose and when. It's an arduous task, so I may have made a few mistakes here and there. The idea of citizens correcting the actions of individual LEOs is a controversial and difficult topic, I understand. I hopefully have clearly directed intention at LEO that harass law abiding citizens, not LEO in general. Repremanding, as I understand it, implies something wrong has occurred, which prompts an administrative action, not legal, hence taking an administrative approach first and foremost.

Additionally, if you hire an attorney on retainer, it will seem like you were "expecting trouble", and that you may have known that what you were doing may have lead to legal trouble. Then, it goes from exercising a constitutional right, to making some sort of politcal statement.

Again, I understand where you are coming from here, which is why I have not suggested a retainer. Even having a name on a business card, distributed to those in the group, and a pool of contributions as sort of an insurance policy, may be a good idea. I do believe that OC may lead to legal trouble, but ONLY if a law is broken in doing so. People contact attorneys all the time, if only because they realize we do not live in a perfect world. Now, if only our court system would recognize this, perhaps we all wouldn't suddenly look suspect.

The legal options that I have not disclosed fully, was primarily for defensive purposes (i.e. to get charges dropped), not to attack LEO. I have not suggested the attorney represent this group, especially through a retainer, therefore, there would be no business relationship until something occurred. It's good to hear a court appointed attorney can get charges dropped, hence my clear incompetence in this area.

I am merely suggesting contacting an attorney for options & advice on the laws surrounding OC, and utilizing his or her services if the need arises, in order to get charges dropped that I have been told can occur, until such time KY LEOs are educated on the matter. If the need arises to reprimand, then so be it. Personally, if my Constitutional rights are infringed upon, I want their badge turned in. I make no apologies for that. Unfortunately for me, we don't live in that America anymore.

I realize the majority of LEOs are good people too, with feelings, egos, family, and lives of their own. They go through more crap in a day than I'll probably go through in a lifetime. However, just as LEOs resent being painted with a broad brush because of a few bad apples, the people they encounter also resent being painted with a broad brush, because of a few bad apples.

At the end of the day, I don't want any trouble from anyone, and I don't want to cause any. I want to be able to OC anywhere I go, except where outlawed, or where a private property owner does not wish it.

- Statesman