• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of open carry at Idaho zoo

Bear 45/70

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
Video of open carriers in Idaho state Washington has a ban on open carry. Look at map at end of video.:what:
Regardless of what they state, think, say or guess at, they don't know crap about it. Washington is an Open Carry State, which is fact that anything they say won't change that.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I found the link to the Idaho Statesman easy enough.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/447064.html

I could not find a faulty map showing OC was banned in this state.

Washington is marked "anamolous" because of license carry in a vehicle, and because some law enforcement agencies still haven't quite figured out the full facts about the legality of OC.

To copy a link, highlight it in your address bar, then right click on it and choose "copy" then right click "paste" it in your message.

Bear 45/70

imported post

The only thing labled a video has a totally screw link that doesn't work and never will as it is. So they can't get the link right or the content if there is any.

A computer whiz I'll never be, too old for one thing. I remember when my dad got one of the first pocket calculators that the phone company gave them. Big bucks and it added, subtracted, multiplied and divided and did square roots. Have been almost a week now getting the new desk top tower working and I still have another days worth of data to transfer from the old tower.

ghosthunter

imported post

Thats the story not the video. I went to the national web page for opencarry.org

There is a video screen on right with a women reporters face. Play the video. Athe end she shows a map of Washington in Read and Idaho in Yellow. She states that the yellow states alow open carry the read do not.

SIDEBAR1.jpg
to the right of this photo

OpenCarry.org

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

just_a_car

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
Thats the story not the video. I went to the national web page for opencarry.org

There is a video screen on right with a women reporters face. Play the video. Athe end she shows a map of Washington in Read and Idaho in Yellow. She states that the yellow states alow open carry the read do not.
The word you're looking for is "RED" and WA is not colored red, even though the video makes it look that way. it's orange. Look closely at the color of Texas and at the color of WA... they're different; TX is a darker color, but only slightly. It's the quality of the video. She also said there were 6 (six) Red states... if we went by the logic that WA was red on that map, there'd be more like 15-20 states... not six.

Honestly, I'm kind of pissed at the decision by the admins to color us "anomolous", as we're one of the more "open" OC states in the nation, yet we're second to worst on their rating scale. (Note, this is not me being pissed at the admins, this is me being pissed at the specific decision)

ghosthunter

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
http://www.2news.tv/news/25651079.html

It's not an OCDO map, and she said "opencarry.com" as opposed to "opencarry.org"

Idiot.

I give up. Play the video and listen to what she said about the colors on the map

You know I had a lot of respect for you up to the point where you are calling me a idiot because I do not have the computersmarts you have. I have enjoyed your posts and often saw you as a mediator. But you know this is exactly what the problem is on some of these posts. The intolerance of people for new comer's or folks who are not in your view up to your speed.

If there is a moderator out there just do us all a favor and delete this thread.

I am not interested in having it turn into another mud slinging match like some of the others.

Bear 45/70

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

It's not an OCDO map, and she said "opencarry.com" as opposed to "opencarry.org"

Idiot.

I give up. Play the video and listen to what she said about the colors on the map

You know I had a lot of respect for you up to the point where you are calling me a idiot because I do not have the computersmarts you have. I have enjoyed your posts and often saw you as a mediator. But you know this is exactly what the problem is on some of these posts. The intolerance of people for new comer's or folks who are not in your view up to your speed.

If there is a moderator out there just do us all a favor and delete this thread.

I am not interested in having it turn into another mud slinging match like some of the others.
Quit looking to be insulted. He was referring to her the reporter. She never said Washington was not an Open Carry State. Washington and Oregon are orange not RED.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

Idiot.

I didn't call you an idiot. I called the so-called "reporter" an idiot. She has about as much journalism skill as my ingrown toenail.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Folks, ghosthunter knew it was in error, he put "mis-information about Washington" in the post's description. He didn't say the map was wrong, he was pointing out the voice over description on the news said RED = NO and he probably couldn't see the color on the screen image on the video.

Hang in there ghosthunter, we still love 'ya.

ghosthunter

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
ghosthunter wrote:

The word you're looking for is "RED" and WA is not colored red, even though the video makes it look that way. it's orange. Look closely at the color of Texas and at the color of WA... they're different; TX is a darker color, but only slightly. It's the quality of the video. She also said there were 6 (six) Red states... if we went by the logic that WA was red on that map, there'd be more like 15-20 states... not six.

Honestly, I'm kind of pissed at the decision by the admins to color us "anomolous", as we're one of the more "open" OC states in the nation, yet we're second to worst on their rating scale. (Note, this is not me being pissed at the admins, this is me being pissed at the specific decision)
Thanks just a car. You are right. My mistake. Just a idiot mistake. Thank you again for sorting that out.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

SlacK wrote:
have you ever gone to opencarry.com???

try it sometime, it is opencarry.org
I did. However you will notice the sight is advertised everywhere as opencarry.org. It was only smart to register all the opencarry.whatever domains.

Officially this is OpenCarry.ORG not.COM. She should have been more accurate.

royAG46

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I found the link to the Idaho Statesman easy enough.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/447064.html

I could not find a faulty map showing OC was banned in this state.

Washington is marked "anamolous" because of license carry in a vehicle, and because some law enforcement agencies still haven't quite figured out the full facts about the legality of OC.

To copy a link, highlight it in your address bar, then right click on it and choose "copy" then right click "paste" it in your message.

I thought the lack of state premption for carry period was the reason...

RCW 9.41.300;

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or

Cities, towns, counties and other municipalities can resrict carry. Thus, not anyone can OC in these places, however for most of usour CPLs take care of this issue.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Anyone else notice how it looks as though she is startled by the inserted pistol pic that come up on screen in the still shot? I posted a pic not a playable link...