• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upstate licensee can apply for NYC CCW permit?

cyberdogg

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Found information at concealedcarry.net. Not positive if it's even accurate.

It says an upstate licensee can apply for extremely rare "unrestricted" (or "restricted" in five options - http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/handgun_licensing_information.shtml#license_types) NYC CCW permit but the procedure would be extremely rigorous (must have a sound reason for desiring a permit, which may not include previous documented incidents of assault as a victim -- I was one a few years ago) with a higher chance of denying application unless one is rich, famous and/or politically connected.

http://carryconcealed.net/legal/newyork-ccw-state-laws.php at the top of the page

However, I presume NYC is akin to a city-state with its unique set of laws in the vicinity that may not conform to New York State laws, particularly gun ownership. Therefore the "privilege" of legitimate handgun, shotgun and rifle registration & elusive CCW permit in NYC only apply to NYC residents as a prerequisite.

My question is, is the above information on a NY upstate licensee (who holds valid handgun possession and CCW permit depending on the discretionary attitude of the issuing county) being able to apply for NYC CCW permit real and accurate?

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NYS Constitution Article I

§11. No person shall be denied the equal protection of the laws of this state or any subdivision thereof. No person shall, because of race, color, creed or religion, be subjected to any discrimination in his or her civil rights by any other person or by any firm, corporation, or institution, or by the state or any agency or subdivision of the state.
How is it that NYC can deny anynon-resident a gun permit solely on the basis of residency?

cyberdogg

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Residency is not addressed in Article 1, Section 11, so that's how they can do it.

You have a license upstate and want a license from NYC? Apply. Jump through all the hoops. Pay out the big bucks.

They'll still deny it.
What I thought. As aforesaid, NYC is like a city-state just like the good ol' days of divided medieval Italy (Florance, Milan, etc).

It should declare itself a city-state. Michael Bloomberg is definitely a RINO and he's a hypocrite who counts on bodyguards to protect him while demanding deprivation of basic civil rights for average good, honorable citizens regarding gun owner rights.

Same goes for Senators Charles Schumer and Hillary Clinton (the latter with S.S. privileges).

New York State political system is basically hijacked by NYC urban politics where irrational fear of firearms and trust of the "police state totalitarianism" due to ignorance and brainwashing media propaganda prevail. Not that I don't support cops, they're just doing their jobs. The more onduty cops the merrier (but more expensive with taxpayer $$) but armed citizens would make crime rate drop precipitously and save some taxpayer money for state budget priorities (besides prison system).

If only NY state would lose "Duty-to-Retreat" Castle Doctrine law to legislate "Stand your ground" and provide immunity to frivolous lawsuits spawned by proven-violent-wth-rap-sheet criminals' families. Pigs would fly before that is realized.

Here's the photo of you-know-who

hudson valley

imported post

ilbob wrote:
NYS Constitution Article I

§11. No person shall be denied the equal protection of the laws of this state or any subdivision thereof. No person shall, because of race, color, creed or religion, be subjected to any discrimination in his or her civil rights by any other person or by any firm, corporation, or institution, or by the state or any agency or subdivision of the state.
How is it that NYC can deny anynon-resident a gun permit solely on the basis of residency?
It all comes down to this.......http://www.gunlawnews.org/sullivan.html

redlegagent

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Residency is not addressed in Article 1, Section 11, so that's how they can do it.

You have a license upstate and want a license from NYC? Apply. Jump through all the hoops. Pay out the big bucks.

They'll still deny it.
That's it. You can apply for anything you want - getting it is another story. I don't believe having a regular NYS pistol permit will factor in it at all. If they don't feel you need it - you won't get it. ;)

BillMCyrus

imported post

It's a perfect example of why we need the Supreme Court to hear McDonald v. Chicago immediately. We have a lot of work ahead to start chipping away at this law then scrapping it. Those who support this kind of nonsense are deeply entrenched and must be rooted out one by one. The NYC anti gun political machine must be eradicated.