• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lurker Intro

Datacrypt1

imported post

Well after 6+ months of lurking on the board I believe it is time to introduce myself. I've been OCing on and off since I found out about OCDO. The off part is due to the fact that I am often in uniform and not authorized to carry a personal weapon.

Occupationally I am a DA Civilian and work at in the IT field at Camp Murray all week, I'm also a SGT in the WA Army National Guard. I was recently administratively transfered from the 81st BDE to a non-deployable unit, meaning all my friends and co-workers are leaving for Iraq again and I'll be staying behind this time. Top this with the fact that my Girlfriend and I have no social life after 3 years in the Lacey area, I've decided its time to put some effort into meeting people and at least try to participate in something I'm interested in.

So here I am and my thanks to everyone for the great info that is provided on these forums.

Oh yeah, and I was desperatley contemplating the purchase of sv_libertarian's 1911. ;)

-Ash

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well welcome again!

It's nice to see OC'rs in Thurston County. PM me and we can meet up sometime. Given as I am a sales agent for the local newspaper, if you have ever been offered a subscription by a big tall dude then we have already met!

just_a_car

imported post

Welcome, Ash. Thanks for serving. I've known a few good gents in the ANG.

Hope you enjoy your time here and meet some good folk with similar interests.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi welcome.

You are not too far from myhouse. we could meet up some time. Your lady can meet my wife while we talk guns and stuff. Ill be home in about a week I will send you a PM, and we can get together.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
Hi welcome.

You are not too far from myhouse. we could meet up some time. Your lady can meet my wide while we talk guns and stuff. Ill be home in about a week I will send you a PM, and we can get together.

Welcome...

Always, when speaking of the wife use spell check... I'm sure if she see's this it's gonna hurt...

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Alwayspacking wrote:
Hi welcome.

You are not too far from myhouse. we could meet up some time. Your lady can meet my wide while we talk guns and stuff. Ill be home in about a week I will send you a PM, and we can get together.

Welcome...

Always, when speaking of the wife use spell check... I'm sure if she see's this it's gonna hurt...
(smile) thanks I was going to leave the wordwide and add wife behind it. to me that would be funny, but I don't think she would get a laugh from it like I would, and shemay kick me in the:what:

DEROS72

imported post

We had a saying in the bush in Vietnam."you don't have to like it but you gotta show up"Thanks for showing up when others will not.You have my sincere respect from one old soldier to a new one.I am very proud of all of you....