• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Batman Dark Knight- Joker's Handgun

KAHR54

imported post

In the movie excerpts shown on T.V. the Joker is shown sticking a pistol into the face of an underling. It has a stainless slide over a dark steel or polymer frame. I think it looks like a Kahr P9 or similar style, maybe a CW9. Sorry I can't find a picture and the movie trailer on the web doesn't have the scene.

What pistol do you think it is ?

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, I saw the movie (and it was pretty good), but I honestly didn't get a good look at the guns. For most of the film Joker uses a knife anyway. And he explains why in a creepy scene.

Snoopy

imported post

Creepy is an understatement... spoiler alert.. did you notice that he gives several different stories about how he got the scars?

As for his pistol, I would hazard a guess that it is a Beretta 92.

danbus

imported post

KAHR54 wrote:
In the movie excerpts shown on T.V. the Joker is shown sticking a pistol into the face of an underling. It has a stainless slide over a dark steel or polymer frame. I think it looks like a Kahr P9 or similar style, maybe a CW9. Sorry I can't find a picture and the movie trailer on the web doesn't have the scene.

Glock 18.

Ruiner

imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
Yeah....not sure if that was an editing error...or the Joker was telling his victim a horrifying story purposefully.
It's not an editing error. It's supposed to give you a glimpse at how crazy the joker is. He did it on purpose.

ScottyT

imported post

danbus wrote:
KAHR54 wrote:

Glock 18.
+1. You'll notice that it was the same gun that he went full-auto with from the trailer of the semi (sounded like at least a 30-round mag, didn't get a good look though).

I liked the zero recoil of the several pistol grip shotguns in the movie!

...and Bruce said "the thumbprint left from when he pushed the _____ into the clip" (not sure if he said bullet or cartridge on the blank)

Nitpicking aside, I absolutely loved the movie. I saw it twice last weekend, once in Imax and once with my wife. The performances were really incredible (esp. Ledger and Oldman), the story was great, the humor and action were entertaining. I went into this movie with unbelievably high expectations and was completely blown away.

Believe the hype! See it in IMAX if at all possible!

unreconstructed1

imported post

hopefully, I'll get to see the movie soon. personally, I liked Nicholsons joker in teh original batman, even though he didn't play a "dark" enough character. From what I hear, Ledgers Joker will be above and beyond any other "joker" ever played.

I still love the "you everdanced with the devil in the pale moon light?" line

Tomahawk

imported post

Ledger's Joker actually seems like the sort of person you might meet at a wierd Manhattan party or nightclub or something, someone you might actually meet in real life someday, which makes him really creepy. And a good reason to carry in Gotham and other cities.

Toymaker

imported post

I haven't seen the movie yet but, from what I've read, the Joker also uses one of these little gems:

Smith & Wesson Model 76 submachine gun

G26

imported post

*Outstanding* movie...scene stealing performances by both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhardt. And the Joker Ledger created was just creepy. Definately a good reason to carry in Gotham or anywhere else...

I've got two questions: *SPOILER ALERT*

In the Scarecrow scene near the beginning, the two Batman wannabe's were using long guns. One was a Ruger Mini-14. The other was a shotgun--did anyone get a good look at it?

Also, Joker gave Two Face an interesting looking Smith J-Frame in the hospital, something with a 4-5 inch barrel. Anyone know what it is?