Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Picnic in Hillsboro Oregon Saturday, August 9th

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Have been talking to Setivasicwood about arranging an open carry meet. We had tried to put something quick and dirty together for this coming Saturday, but a couple of parks I checked were already booked.

I have reserved the covered shelter and picnic table at ReedvilleCreek park at Cornelius Pass Rd and Frances for Saturday, August 9 from 9 AM to 2 PM. Sativa has offered to privice a propane BBQ. I would be happy to help organize this and any and all help will be appreciated.

Below is the "contract" for renting the park. It refers to abiding by all rules and regulations, but nothing in that regard is attached.

City of Hillsboro

Parks and Recreation Department

4400 NW 229th Ave., Hillsboro, OR 97124

503-681-6120

Contract #:

Date:

21-Jul-08

User:
    amberken

Firm

Hillsboro Parks and Recreation, 4400 NW 229th Ave Hillsboro OR 97124 hereby grants Harper, Steve (hereinafter called the

"Licensee") represented by Steve Harper, permission to use the Facilities as outlined, subject to the Terms and Conditions of this

Agreement contained herein and attached hereto all of which form part of this Agreement.

i) Purpose of Use
    Picnic

Reserved for Steve

ii) Conditions of Use
    Will be bringing a BBQ

iii) Date and Times of Use
    # of Bookings: 1 Starting: Sat 09 Aug 08 09:00 AM

Ending: Sat 09 Aug 08 02:00 PM

Expected: 20

Facility/Equipment Day Start Date Start Time End Date End Time Fee XFee Total

Reedville Creek Park - Shelter Sat 09-Aug-08 09:00 AM 09-Aug-08 02:00 PM $20.00 $0.00 $20.00

iv) Additional Fees

v) Payment Method

Rental Fees Extra Fees Rental Total Damage Deposit Total Applied Balance Current

$20.00 $0.00 $20.00 $0.00 $20.00 $0.00 $0.00

Balance of rental due and payable immediately

Please make all checks payable to: City of Hillsboro

Payment Type Reference Amount Date Receipt Number

VISA - Hosted Payment Server Rental $20.00 21-Jul-08 350852

vi) Other Information

The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the City, its elected and appointed officials, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from

any and all liability for injury to persons or damage to property as a result of the applicant's use of this facility. The applicant further agrees to adhere

to all rules, regulations and laws applicable to this facility and to the applicant's use of this facility.

I have read and agree to abide by the regulations established for use of this facility. I agree to be solely and completely responsible for the condition

of the facility and to leave the building and equipment used in neat and clean condition, without damage. I agree to promptly reimburse the City for

all damages. By using this facility, I accept this agreement. I am the duly authorized representative of the permit/agreement holder.

X: X:

Title:

Name:

1543 SE 74th Ave

Steve

Steve

Date: 8/9/08

Hillsboro Parks and Recreation

Date:

Fax: ()

Thoughts?

Post imported post

I just joined the forum and am interested in attending.

Is this meet up by invitation only?

David

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Dr. DRE wrote:

David
    Ah-ha - the new guy gets to pay.

All is welcome.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

As far as I'm concerned anyone can attend, we just need to keep a headcount to be sure we have enough food, although I doubt that will be a problem.

Steve

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Do we want to get a headcount and then donate $ for food for all (single purchaser)? Or were you thinking everyone does a pot-luck sort of thing? Anyone else bringing kids and/or spouses?

Ken

Post imported post

I won't be able to attend guys -- by mid August I'll be up in Washington on a long-term business trip. :

Keep the movement alive for me so I have something to come home too!

If there's anything that I can do to help (organizing, expenses, whatever) let me know and I'll do what I can.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Would anyone be interested in meeting on Saturday, August 2 for Coffee to iron the details out? We could meet at my house and have coffee on the deck.

Post imported post

Dr. DRE wrote:

David
    Welcome to the forums. You'll find this to be a helpful and informative site.

Meet ups are open to all that wish to attend.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

All, I'm trying to get and attendee list going for the 8/9/08 open carry picnic I'm organizing in Hillsboro. Setivasicwood will be bringing a BBQ a dozen burgers and brats. I wil also pony up some burgers and brats.

It woold be nice if someone would pony up for some sodas and bottled water. Suggested sides would be fruit salad, baked beans, chips, potato salad, coleslaw, and maybe some brownies and ice cream for desert.

Please reply here or PM me with what you will be bringing. It would also be a good idea if someone would bring a video camera and voice recorder. I expect the police will be called at some point and we should be prepared to document the interaction. I will check the park this evening to see what kind of signage they may have with regard to weapons.

Lonnie, any input you would have with regard to signage would be appreciated.

If it turns out we have issues with the park, my house is just a half block away and we can hole up in my backyard and deck as plan B.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Hi all just realized there will be an added bonus during the open carry picnic. That weekend is the Oregon Airshow about a mile and a half from my house. We'll have fighter jets flying low almost directly over the park! Should be cool!

Post imported post

SWEET! I want to go. Sadly, I don't think I will be able to convince the wife to make the trek down the gorge that weekend.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Darn. I would have looked forward to a fresh sweet Hermiston melon!

Post imported post

8/9 sounds good.

Link to Reedville Park: click.

I can bring a variety of bottled sodas, water.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Thanks! I'll look forward to meeting you. Give me a call when you have a chance.

Steve

Cell: 503-544-8180

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

At the moment, I don't see any reason why I couldn't make it unless something suddently comes up. Anyone bringing spouses or kids?

Ken

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Don't know if anyone is bringing spouses or kids, but I chose the park because there is a skatepark there as well as playground equipment and a wading pool. The more the merrier!

Post imported post

AsCoug mentioned above, I'll bring along a propane grill, burgers, brats, and all the fixins. I'll clean out a cooler, ice it up and throw in some soda. And I'll whip up a pasta salad too.

I don't anticipate too much trouble from LEOs. I think we will be allowed to feast in peace. I have no recording device, but I will pack a digi cam for group shots.

I know it goes with out saying, yet I am indeed saying it...

We are promotingour image to the community when we gather with guns....

As long as everyone continues to take gun ownership seriouslyas well as responsibility for their conduct; this will be a event everyone can enjoy

Bring my spouses, perhaps......

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I may have opened a can of worms, but I contacted Lars Larson, the conservative syndicated talk show host about our organization. He is tied up on August 9, but would like to attend one of our events sometime and is interested in helping us promote them. This could have a huge impact!

Hope I haven't made a mistake here, but if I did it won't be the first one.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Setivasicwood, if those in the picture are your spouses.........seriously, we need to talk!:shock:

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Would anyone want to offer to pony up some paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'll bring the plates/cups/plastic ware. Any idea on the headcount yet?

Ken

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

If people bring spouses and kids I would plan for at least 30 people. This is new territory for me so I don't really have any yardstick to estimate what attendance will be. If we need to pick up some more vittles or anything else, there is an Albertson's just a couple of blocks away.

Post imported post

Another new guy here...:celebrate I'm interested in joining you guys for the open carry picnic. I live just down the street from the park. I'll know for sure by next weekend if I will be in town on 8/9.

Post imported post

New guy here as well. Sucks, I will be down in San Jose for a wedding that weekend. Hopefully will make it to the next meet.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Hi neighbor! I'll look forward to meeting you.

Steve

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast