• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic in Hillsboro Oregon Saturday, August 9th

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Have been talking to Setivasicwood about arranging an open carry meet. We had tried to put something quick and dirty together for this coming Saturday, but a couple of parks I checked were already booked.

I have reserved the covered shelter and picnic table at ReedvilleCreek park at Cornelius Pass Rd and Frances for Saturday, August 9 from 9 AM to 2 PM. Sativa has offered to privice a propane BBQ. I would be happy to help organize this and any and all help will be appreciated.

Below is the "contract" for renting the park. It refers to abiding by all rules and regulations, but nothing in that regard is attached.
[font=Arial-Bold+2]
[align=left]City of Hillsboro[/align]
[/font][font=Arial-Bold+2]
[align=left]Parks and Recreation Department[/align]
[align=left]4400 NW 229th Ave., Hillsboro, OR 97124[/align]
[align=left]503-681-6120[/align]
[align=left]Contract #:[/align]
[align=left]Date:[/align]
[align=left]28584[/align]
[align=left]21-Jul-08[/align]
[align=left]User:
[/font][font=Arial-Bold+2]amberken[/align][/font][font=Arial-Bold+2]
[align=left]Status:
[/font][font=Arial-Bold+2]Firm[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]Hillsboro Parks and Recreation, 4400 NW 229th Ave Hillsboro OR 97124 hereby grants Harper, Steve (hereinafter called the[/align]
[align=left]"Licensee") represented by Steve Harper, permission to use the Facilities as outlined, subject to the Terms and Conditions of this[/align]
[align=left]Agreement contained herein and attached hereto all of which form part of this Agreement.[/align]
[align=left]i) Purpose of Use
[/font][font=Arial+0]Picnic[/align]
[align=left]Reserved for Steve [/align]
[align=left]ii) Conditions of Use
[/font][font=Arial+0]Will be bringing a BBQ[/align][/font][font=Arial-Bold+2]
[align=left]iii) Date and Times of Use
[/font][font=Arial+0]# of Bookings: 1 [/font][font=Arial+0]Starting: Sat 09 Aug 08 09:00 AM[/align]
[align=left]Ending: Sat 09 Aug 08 02:00 PM[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]Expected: 20[/align]
[align=left]Facility/Equipment Day Start Date Start Time End Date End Time Fee XFee Total[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]Reedville Creek Park - Shelter Sat 09-Aug-08 09:00 AM 09-Aug-08 02:00 PM $20.00 $0.00 $20.00[/align]
[align=left]iv) Additional Fees[/align]
[align=left]v) Payment Method[/align]
[align=left]Rental Fees Extra Fees Rental Total Damage Deposit Total Applied Balance Current[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]$20.00 $0.00 $20.00 $0.00 $20.00 $0.00 $0.00[/align]
[align=left]Balance of rental due and payable immediately[/align]
[align=left]Please make all checks payable to: City of Hillsboro[/align]
[align=left]Payment Type Reference Amount Date Receipt Number[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]VISA - Hosted Payment Server Rental $20.00 21-Jul-08 350852[/align]
[align=left]vi) Other Information[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]The applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the City, its elected and appointed officials, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from[/align]
[align=left]any and all liability for injury to persons or damage to property as a result of the applicant's use of this facility. The applicant further agrees to adhere[/align]
[align=left]to all rules, regulations and laws applicable to this facility and to the applicant's use of this facility.[/align]
[align=left]I have read and agree to abide by the regulations established for use of this facility. I agree to be solely and completely responsible for the condition[/align]
[align=left]of the facility and to leave the building and equipment used in neat and clean condition, without damage. I agree to promptly reimburse the City for[/align]
[align=left]all damages. By using this facility, I accept this agreement. I am the duly authorized representative of the permit/agreement holder.[/align]
[align=left]X: X:[/align]
[/font][font=Arial+0]
[align=left]Title:[/align]
[align=left]Name:[/align]
[align=left]1543 SE 74th Ave[/align]
[align=left]Steve[/align]
[align=left]Steve [/align]
[align=left]
[/font][font=Arial+0]Date: 8/9/08[/align]
[align=left]Hillsboro Parks and Recreation[/align]
[align=left]Date:[/align]
[align=left]Fax: ()[/align]
[align=left]Thoughts?[/align]
[/font]

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

As far as I'm concerned anyone can attend, we just need to keep a headcount to be sure we have enough food, although I doubt that will be a problem.

Steve

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do we want to get a headcount and then donate $ for food for all (single purchaser)? Or were you thinking everyone does a pot-luck sort of thing? Anyone else bringing kids and/or spouses?

Ken

grishnav

imported post

I won't be able to attend guys -- by mid August I'll be up in Washington on a long-term business trip. ::(

Keep the movement alive for me so I have something to come home too! :)

If there's anything that I can do to help (organizing, expenses, whatever) let me know and I'll do what I can.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Would anyone be interested in meeting on Saturday, August 2 for Coffee to iron the details out? We could meet at my house and have coffee on the deck.

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Dr. DRE wrote:
I just joined the forum and am interested in attending.

Is this meet up by invitation only?

David

Welcome to the forums. You'll find this to be a helpful and informative site.

Meet ups are open to all that wish to attend.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

All, I'm trying to get and attendee list going for the 8/9/08 open carry picnic I'm organizing in Hillsboro. Setivasicwood will be bringing a BBQ a dozen burgers and brats. I wil also pony up some burgers and brats.

It woold be nice if someone would pony up for some sodas and bottled water. Suggested sides would be fruit salad, baked beans, chips, potato salad, coleslaw, and maybe some brownies and ice cream for desert.

Please reply here or PM me with what you will be bringing. It would also be a good idea if someone would bring a video camera and voice recorder. I expect the police will be called at some point and we should be prepared to document the interaction. I will check the park this evening to see what kind of signage they may have with regard to weapons.

Lonnie, any input you would have with regard to signage would be appreciated.

If it turns out we have issues with the park, my house is just a half block away and we can hole up in my backyard and deck as plan B.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Hi all just realized there will be an added bonus during the open carry picnic. That weekend is the Oregon Airshow about a mile and a half from my house. We'll have fighter jets flying low almost directly over the park! Should be cool!

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Darn. I would have looked forward to a fresh sweet Hermiston melon!:lol:

ccw9mm

imported post

8/9 sounds good.

Link to Reedville Park: click.

I can bring a variety of bottled sodas, water.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Thanks! I'll look forward to meeting you. Give me a call when you have a chance.

Steve

Cell: 503-544-8180

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Don't know if anyone is bringing spouses or kids, but I chose the park because there is a skatepark there as well as playground equipment and a wading pool. The more the merrier! :)

SetivaSicWood

imported post

AsCoug mentioned above, I'll bring along a propane grill, burgers, brats, and all the fixins. I'll clean out a cooler, ice it up and throw in some soda. And I'll whip up a pasta salad too.

I don't anticipate too much trouble from LEOs. I think we will be allowed to feast in peace. I have no recording device, but I will pack a digi cam for group shots.

I know it goes with out saying, yet I am indeed saying it...

We are promotingour image to the community when we gather with guns....

As long as everyone continues to take gun ownership seriouslyas well as responsibility for their conduct; this will be a event everyone can enjoy

Bring my spouses, perhaps......

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I may have opened a can of worms, but I contacted Lars Larson, the conservative syndicated talk show host about our organization. He is tied up on August 9, but would like to attend one of our events sometime and is interested in helping us promote them. This could have a huge impact!

Hope I haven't made a mistake here, but if I did it won't be the first one.

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Setivasicwood, if those in the picture are your spouses.........seriously, we need to talk!:shock:

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Would anyone want to offer to pony up some paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils?