• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise Idaho CC Issues

IndianaBoy79

imported post

ROFL

Well, I expect some extra scrutiny as we get the ball rolling here, but hopefully it will be something people shrug at eventually.

Hubby_MC

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
LOL We had someone "overseeing" our event? I mean, they came out when responding to the initial call, but why didn't they leave afterwards? Observing legal activity doesn't seem to warrant extra scrutiny. Did they really think any of us were planning to do something with all those cameras around?

Anyways, yes, professional, but part of the reason we are open carrying is to normalize the practice. Not gain extra attention from the police, whom most of these members support and respect.
Not meant in that spirit at all. The watch commander is like a fireman, he goes to the most urgent issue at that particular moment to oversee or "watch over" the actions of our officers. A field supervisor. I work for BPD.

I couldnt agree more with you! Officers wouldnt have even been there without calls from the zoo. They are of course required to go to any call regardless of its validity.

I am more than pleased that you had this event, and that it received media coverage. Without this I probably wouldnt have known about the forum and the activities you participate in!

God Bless America

Although I work in Law Enforcement I wish to make it clear that I do NOT speak for my particular Law Enforcement agency in this regard, but rather speak from my own experience and curiousity!

WifeyMC

imported post

As hubbys Wife i happen to agree with him we didnt even know about the fourms here till we seen it on the news. thank you all for giving us a place to talk and learn more. i will be posting more offten now that i have it booke marked :)

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Glad to have you both here. :) Idaho happens to be the best state in the nation. We seem to have less problems here with people and LEOs than around the country. Most every officer we run into is at least respectful, even if they don't understand why we are OCing. Thanks for joining up.

BTW, if you happen to see Officer Hancuff (I asked permission to use his name), ask him if he's seen the news lately. I've posted about him on this forum in the past and he was well aware of our event beforehand.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Hubby_MC wrote:
Will do, casey is a great guy!, did he tell you about his pom poms?

LOL Pom poms??? Right now I have an image of him as a cheerleader....not a great look for him :celebrate

I'll have to ask him about that next time he comes into my store.

Vandal

imported post

my big fear is OCing downtown and having the cops called on me there. I have wanted to OC in bodo but the liberalism keeps me from doing it. I am not scared of the BPD response but from the people freaking out over it and then PBD getting a MWAG call. I have noticed alot of the OC stories take place outside of Downtown.

I went on a ride along with ACSO last friday night and since it was pretty dead we had a lot of time to talk. The gist of it was that the Deputies I spoke with want people to carry if able and be able to defend themselves while they respond and they won't hassle you if you are within the rule of the law.