• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc at REI

FREEDOM_FOREVER

imported post

My daughter and I set off ona quest for a couple carabiners. Our third stop was the Clackamas REI. I figured my pistol would spontaneously com-bust as soon as I set foot in REI. To my surprise It didn't. In fact I dealt with a courteous employee ( I cant remember his name but his tag said SUPERVISOR). After talking about what I was looking for he stated.

SUPERVISOR: Your hanging out

(I immediately checked my flyand gave him aconfused look)

SUPERVISOR: No, your hanging out. (pointing at my revolver)

ME: Oh that, thats ok, open carry is legal in Oregon. Is it ok with REI?

SUPERVISOR: It's ok with me, but you might get some odd looks around here.

ME: Fair enough, thanks for your help

I probably spent another 30 min in the store bought my stuff and left. No one else even noticed.

Orygunner

imported post

I OC'd at the Eugene REI a couple of months ago. Not a comment or wierd look from anybody there.

Of course, the Eugene REI is located right next to the RR tracks, in an area lovingly referred to as "Felony Flats."

...I'd be suprised if the clerks in there weren't armed as well, and understood my desire to carry in that area of town;) ...
...Orygunner...

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

you should try the REI in downtown portland in the pearl

i went in there and asked where the hunting rifles were, then i asked where the ammunition was, then i left with nothing