Thread: Hypothetical CCW Carry Question?

Post imported post

First and formost I consider myself a law abiding citizen. I have had a CCW permit for the last 12 years, and carry every day. I am sure most everyone here is "law abiding" also. However I was just thinking the other day "what if" a new law is passed, that concealed weapons or open carry were no longer permitted anywhere. Would other CCW holders abide by this new law or defend your constitutional right and carry anyway to protect yourself and loved ones? Like I said this is just a "hypothetical" question, however not to "farfetched"in my opinion.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

brk240 wrote:
    First and formost I consider myself a law abiding citizen. I have had a CCW permit for the last 12 years, and carry every day. I am sure most everyone here is "law abiding" also. However I was just thinking the other day "what if" a new law is passed, that concealed weapons or open carry were no longer permitted anywhere. Would other CCW holders abide by this new law or defend your constitutional right and carry anyway to protect yourself and loved ones? Like I said this is just a "hypothetical" question, however not to "farfetched"in my opinion.
    This site is dedicated to peaceful change through the political process by law abiding citizens.

You are soliciting forresponses that would include illegal conduct.

Please do not suggest or ask for such. I realize you may not have understood the full significance of your question, being new to thesite.So, this is just a gentle, friendly rebuff.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

It is a "Hypothetical" question hence would be a "Hypothetical" answer. I am soliciting no kind of illlegal response. I am all for peaceful and law abiding solutions. I am sure by your reply you would give up your gun and abide by the law.(hypotheticaly) So would I.document.write('[img]/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

brk240 wrote:
    It is a "Hypothetical" question hence would be a "Hypothetical" answer. I am soliciting no kind of illlegal response. I am all for peaceful and law abiding solutions. I am sure by your reply you would give up your gun and abide by the law.(hypotheticaly) So would I.document.write('[img]/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Sure you weren't. Uh-huh.

"Not too farfetched" was just hypothetical, I suppose.

The silence on this thread kind of tells you what others are thinking.

I won't hold an off-color OP like this against a new guy. But defensive alteration doesn't exactly promote a strong positive impression.

Just stay away from inviting responses which might include admissions of willingness to break the law and you'll do fine.

And the founders of the board will appreciate it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

That is a moral decision. to each his own. Do as you please.