Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: GUN-SEIZURE LAWSUIT Gun Owner Sues Representative McCarthy NYPost.com

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212008...uit_120836.htm

    Last updated: 7:27 am July 21, 2008
    Posted: 4:42 am July 21, 2008

    An outspoken Long Island gun owner's home was raided by Nassau County detectives, who seized two dozen weapons he lawfully owns just one day after Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's office made a 911 call about him.

    Freeport resident Gabriel Razzano claims he was targeted in the spring raid for his "unpopular" political beliefs.

    He's now filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Nassau PD and McCarthy, charging they joined forces to strip him of his guns unconstitutionally.

    The case pits Razzano against McCarthy, the most outspoken gun-control advocate in Congress. A crazed gunman murdered her husband in the infamous 1993 Long Island Rail Road Massacre.

    The flap arose on March 19, when Razzano visited McCarthy's Garden City office to discuss an article about an illegal immigrant who was deported but was later nabbed in Freeport for the attempted murder of a cop.

    "The office staff felt that Razzano's behavior was disruptive and threatening," said Lt. Kevin Smith, a police spokesman.

    Razzano's home was raided the next morning.


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Helens, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    340

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212008...uit_120836.htm

    Last updated: 7:27 am July 21, 2008
    Posted: 4:42 am July 21, 2008

    An outspoken Long Island gun owner's home was raided by Nassau County detectives, who seized two dozen weapons he lawfully owns just one day after Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's office made a 911 call about him.

    Freeport resident Gabriel Razzano claims he was targeted in the spring raid for his "unpopular" political beliefs.

    He's now filed a $5 million federal lawsuit against the Nassau PD and McCarthy, charging they joined forces to strip him of his guns unconstitutionally.

    The case pits Razzano against McCarthy, the most outspoken gun-control advocate in Congress. A crazed gunman murdered her husband in the infamous 1993 Long Island Rail Road Massacre.

    The flap arose on March 19, when Razzano visited McCarthy's Garden City office to discuss an article about an illegal immigrant who was deported but was later nabbed in Freeport for the attempted murder of a cop.

    "The office staff felt that Razzano's behavior was disruptive and threatening," said Lt. Kevin Smith, a police spokesman.

    Razzano's home was raided the next morning.
    nah man you got it all wrong, she is tolerant, she loves all people. stop being a bigot! you racist!

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    It begins.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    Disruptive and threatening! I findsocialist disruptive and threatening.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    So this guys congressional representative gets mad when he comes in to petition for the redress of greivances and then the police come and seize all his guns. He should definately be expecting some soldiers to show up expecting to be quartered in his house.

  6. #6
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    Then, THEY'll tell him he can't have a lawyer, has to testify against himself, and has to say only whatTHEY want him to say.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  7. #7
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    Then, THEY'll tell him he can't have a lawyer, has to testify against himself, and has to say only whatTHEY want him to say.
    Not good. And to think the straw that broke the camel's back in American-1775 was arms confiscation.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    I hope Carolyn McCarthy loses a lot more than 5 million dollars (and not just because of this case - she has been on my radar for quite a while now).
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    Then, THEY'll tell him he can't have a lawyer, has to testify against himself, and has to say only whatTHEY want him to say.
    Eh, only if the BATFE or DHS gets involved...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    I hope we get to see the warrant. It would be interesting to seewhat passes forprobable cause in New York.

    Raid the house and take his guns, the congresswoman doesn't like his attitude.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    murphy2 wrote:
    Disruptive and threatening! I findsocialist disruptive and threatening.
    I feel threatened every time I here the word "government" "official" or some idiot politician utter the words "the American people want".

    Who’s door do I break down, or personal possessions do I take? It must be nice to be so God damn important.

    What really gets me, we're all just a drop in the bucket in the end. Some will be remembered, not for what was accomplished in there time, but what they simply were.







  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    murphy2 wrote:
    Disruptive and threatening! I findsocialist disruptive and threatening.
    I feel threatened every time I here one of these politicians utter the words, "the American people want". I don't think they have a clue of what they want.

    This guy got his home invaded because he got ticked off about an illegal immigrant and he called her (McCarthy) out on it. She got her skirt ruffled and probably cried wolf to the P.D. If I am not on the money with this, I’m sure I’m close.




  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    lukeshort wrote:
    murphy2 wrote:
    Disruptive and threatening! I findsocialist disruptive and threatening.
    I feel threatened every time I here one of these politicians utter the words, "the American people want". I don't think they have a clue of what they want.

    This guy got his home invaded because he got ticked off about an illegal immigrant and he called her (McCarthy) out on it. She got her skirt ruffled and probably cried wolf to the P.D. If I am not on the money with this, I’m sure I’m close.


    From what I know of McCarthy and the people she surrounds herself with (which I would expect to be carried over to the type of people she has on staff) I bet you are pretty much right on the money.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , Florida, USA
    Posts
    25

    Post imported post

    I was born and raised in Mineola and remember the night of the LIRR masacre. I have always questioned why she is so anti-gun. Yes, her husband was murdered and her son Kevin was severely injured by the shooter, but I feel that if there had been another armed person on the train, the end result would have been different. Please note that this is the only case that I am aware ofin whicha person with a CCW committed the crime.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Illinois, USA
    Posts
    778

    Post imported post

    This kind of thing happens a lot more than we want to admit. people with power misuse it all the time and often LE is part of that.

    Not long ago here in Illinois a state legislator unleashed the Illinois State Police against a constituent who sent him a rather mildly worded fax disagreeing with a political position. What ever happened to our right to petition for grievances?

  16. #16
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    I have edited several posts in this thread and deleted others ... YOU KNOW WHY!

    This forum will not tolerate or allow such talk even in jest! You have been warned!

  17. #17
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    On Cam & Co. last night, Cam interviewed a man close to the case. He said the reason all this came down was because the election board screwed up. He saidRazzano thought he was inMcCarthy's district because that's what it said on his voter registration card. The people in the office said he was not. He went tothe election board and was told he definitely livesinMcCarthy's district. He went back to her office and after leaving is when they called 911. Also, he had made several appointments to talk to her about the illegal alien and was stood up each time. He was not told by her staffers that he did not live in her district until the day they called 911, the last day of this exchange.The next morning was when his house was raided.

    He went that particular day (before his house was raided)to insist on talking to her and she refused again.

    Oh, by the way, he does not live in her district after all. How was he to know? He was told by the election board that he did. This all happened in March 2007, yep 2007,and they stillrefuse to return his legally registered guns.

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212008...uit_120836.htm

    Don't give the whole story of course.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  18. #18
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    On Cam & Co. last night, Cam interviewed a man close to the case. He said the reason all this came down was because the election board screwed up. He saidRazzano thought he was inMcCarthy's district because that's what it said on his voter registration card. The people in the office said he was not. He went tothe election board and was told he definitely livesinMcCarthy's district. He went back to her office and after leaving is when they called 911. Also, he had made several appointments to talk to her about the illegal alien and was stood up each time. He was not told by her staffers that he did not live in her district until the day they called 911, the last day of this exchange.The next morning was when his house was raided.

    He went that particular day (before his house was raided)to insist on talking to her and she refused again.

    Oh, by the way, he does not live in her district after all. How was he to know? He was told by the election board that he did. This all happened in March 2007, yep 2007,and they stillrefuse to return his legally registered guns.

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07212008...uit_120836.htm

    Don't give the whole story of course.
    Habeas Armas!! Habeas Armas!!



    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  19. #19
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    I hope Carolyn McCarthy loses a lot more than 5 million dollars (and not just because of this case - she has been on my radar for quite a while now).
    Yeah deepdiver, she is on my scope as well.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •