• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wanted to share the friendly banter I have been having with some anti's on a newspaper forum in FL

GIS Monkey

imported post

Packin at WDW
North Port, FL
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/TGHAKJQE8F25DU8DB/p54#lastPost

Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
Yesterday

Hey you anti-2nd Amendment Clowns. I love how you all try in one way or another to say "Disney should be safe for our kids...etc." There has NEVER been a nut-job who saw a no weapons policy sign before he went bezerk and said to himself "Ooops, can't shoot-up the place. Theys got themselves a "no guns" policy. I guess I'll have to go somewhere else." The same goes for criminals by whose very definition of criminality is to disobey the law. My wife and I have been to WDW many times as guests of various friends who are employees and they know very well we go armed (Kel-Tec PF9s) with our 2 children and CWPs in tow. With 20 to 50,000 people there on any given day our odds of being mugged, carjacked or my children being assaulted goes way up. Not to mention the oh so fine town of Orlando's crime rate on the rise and on par with other major metro areas. The revocation rate of Florida CWPs is at .o4% or .0004 better told as 4 out of every 10000 usually for reasons unrelated to guns. My facts may be a bit old but the point should be well taken. There are about 505,000 licensed private citizens or 1 out of 50 Floridaians with CWPs. You would think with the logic of some of these "We need to hug and follow the unicorn." types on here; that there would be 500,000 shootings a day. Morons. "When mili-seconds count, the police are minutes away", as the saying goes. Law enforcement has a tough enough job with the real criminal element, but to drag them into a civil rights issue is crazy. One last thing before I step back and watch you squirm...Private property is not the sanctuary for people who want to deny others their civil-rights provided they "open" (the key word here little ones) their doors to the "general public". Hence building codes, fire codes, American with Disabilities Act, workers-comp,(insert every other work place reg here). Note to uneducated public: the police are not here to protect the individual from harm but to protect society at large from individuals doing harm to that society. Read your US Supreme Court decisions/opinions before you begin to reply; then don't forget to yell "Stop!...(insert crime here) or I'll yell Stop! again." I'm out...

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

CLEANER UPPER
Warwick, RI
Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
11 hrs ago

WOW! Somehow I cannot believe your story about WDW and your friends.
I trust the gun, I DO NOT trust the person (being of sound mind) behind the gun. Second Amendment or not.

Ethel
Lake Zurich, IL
Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
10 hrs ago

Packin at WDW wrote:
Hey you anti-2nd Amendment Clowns. I love how you all try in one way or another to say "Disney should be safe for our kids...etc." There has NEVER been a nut-job who saw a no weapons policy sign before he went bezerk and said to himself "Ooops, can't shoot-up the place. Theys got themselves a "no guns" policy. I guess I'll have to go somewhere else." The same goes for criminals by whose very definition of criminality is to disobey the law. My wife and I have been to WDW many times as guests of various friends who are employees and they know very well we go armed (Kel-Tec PF9s) with our 2 children and CWPs in tow. With 20 to 50,000 people there on any given day our odds of being mugged, carjacked or my children being assaulted goes way up. Not to mention the oh so fine town of Orlando's crime rate on the rise and on par with other major metro areas. The revocation rate of Florida CWPs is at .o4% or .0004 better told as 4 out of every 10000 usually for reasons unrelated to guns. My facts may be a bit old but the point should be well taken. There are about 505,000 licensed private citizens or 1 out of 50 Floridaians with CWPs. You would think with the logic of some of these "We need to hug and follow the unicorn." types on here; that there would be 500,000 shootings a day. Morons. "When mili-seconds count, the police are minutes away", as the saying goes. Law enforcement has a tough enough job with the real criminal element, but to drag them into a civil rights issue is crazy. One last thing before I step back and watch you squirm...Private property is not the sanctuary for people who want to deny others their civil-rights provided they "open" (the key word here little ones) their doors to the "general public". Hence building codes, fire codes, American with Disabilities Act, workers-comp,(insert every other work place reg here). Note to uneducated public: the police are not here to protect the individual from harm but to protect society at large from individuals doing harm to that society. Read your US Supreme Court decisions/opinions before you begin to reply; then don't forget to yell "Stop!...(insert crime here) or I'll yell Stop! again." I'm out...
George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."​

:cuss:

I enjoy going to WDW as a guest of Castmembers too.I would never presume to behave in any way that would hurt their employement. Carrying a weapon into the park for castmembers is grounds for termination, as their guest,you are putting them at risk of termination.
I understand your rights and feelings on this matter, I only hope it doesn't cost anyone their job.

North Port, FL
Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
1 hr ago

CLEANER UPPER wrote:
WOW! Somehow I cannot believe your story about WDW and your friends.
I trust the gun, I DO NOT trust the person (being of sound mind) behind the gun. Second Amendment or not.​
:banghead:

Classic Idiot response. Watch out! the unicorn might run you over on it's way to La-La-Land. To those who show disbelief in my claims know this; the concept of conceal carry is to avoid detection as an advantage to later hinder a possible crime on my person, wife or children. My host(s) at WDW know this about myself and my wife and NEVER ask if we are carrying whether they are down visiting us or us up visiting them in O-town or at WDW. Secondly, one of our hosts is a Class G security guard for WDW and has working knowledge of just much crime (robbery emphasised) ocur there. They simply know not to ask what our intentions are. If we go to Animal Kindom to get on wet rides, chances are other protection methods are used. I love how the two comments after mine did not address the crux of my points.. Instead one showed contempt to the amendment that allows for the other amendments to exist and another was worried about our mature, rational, adult friends and their POS jobs there. If not for my children and the fact I pay almost nothing to be there I wouls have nothing to do with the money sucking place. I do have fun, though to be quite honest. As it is no crime to carry there other than refusal to leave if asked (that happens everyday to many guests for a wide variety of reasons) I will continue to protect my friends and especially my family and not subject myself to "Victim Disarmament Zones" not required by law. For Mr. "Sound Mind" referenced above I respond with pointing to the Freud quote in my last comment. Peas, Owt.

:lol:

GIS Monkey

imported post

:monkey

Ethel
Lake Zurich, IL
Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
3 hrs ago

Packin at WDW wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic Idiot response. Watch out! the unicorn might run you over on it's way to La-La-Land. To those who show disbelief in my claims know this; the concept of conceal carry is to avoid detection as an advantage to later hinder a possible crime on my person, wife or children. My host(s) at WDW know this about myself and my wife and NEVER ask if we are carrying whether they are down visiting us or us up visiting them in O-town or at WDW. Secondly, one of our hosts is a Class G security guard for WDW and has working knowledge of just much crime (robbery emphasised) ocur there. They simply know not to ask what our intentions are. If we go to Animal Kindom to get on wet rides, chances are other protection methods are used. I love how the two comments after mine did not address the crux of my points.. Instead one showed contempt to the amendment that allows for the other amendments to exist and another was worried about our mature, rational, adult friends and their POS jobs there. If not for my children and the fact I pay almost nothing to be there I wouls have nothing to do with the money sucking place. I do have fun, though to be quite honest. As it is no crime to carry there other than refusal to leave if asked (that happens everyday to many guests for a wide variety of reasons) I will continue to protect my friends and especially my family and not subject myself to "Victim Disarmament Zones" not required by law. For Mr. "Sound Mind" referenced above I respond with pointing to the Freud quote in my last comment. Peas, Owt.​
<shrug> I never commented on your right to bear arms. I merely said I would never presume to put the people who allow me to enjoy WDW at risk of losing their employment by using behavior which is against the employment policy of the company at which they work.I have morals and values, personally, if I didn't agree with the rules and regulations of a company, I wouldn't visit it,free or not. I choose not to reveal where or what the people who allow me to enjoy do at WDW.

CLEANER UPPER
Warwick, RI
Reply »
|Report Abuse
| Judge it!
1 hr ago

Ok whatever...Packin'
I stand by my statement #1101.
You have to get by in life standing behind something...your negative attitude and/or your gun. Someone like you ALWAYS proves my point.

Join the community
North Port, FL

1 min ago

CLEANER UPPER wrote:
Ok whatever...Packin'
I stand by my statement #1101.
You have to get by in life standing behind something...your negative attitude and/or your gun. Someone like you ALWAYS proves my point.​
"Heh?" What EXACTLY do you you stand behind? My guess is the creation of the USSA with his highness Obama as "El Presidente for Life". Correct me if I am wrong. I would also know EXACTLY what you would do if a criminal pointed a gun/weapon at you or your children and demanded one thing or another. Let us play the specific game now. Little quips from yourself and others bring us no closer to an equal understanding of one another's position. Since I am one of those who "hold onto my guns and religion" I would like to know what you hold onto. My guess is...nothing. Liberalism at it's best. All theory, no substance. What is the most dangerous city in America and what makes it so? Educate yourself.