• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

end of summer clean up

ruger45

imported post

just an idea. we could have a clean your neibor hood ocing.people by each other could get together and do a walk through neibor hoods and pick up stray garbage in the street while ocing and after picking up meet back at whos evers house and have a cook out.this will also help get the word out about ocing.we could carry fliers whith us in case anyone is interested.and iam sure people will wonder what we are doing and see we can do good for the communitty and they will see just cause someone is ocing they dont have to ca the police.:question:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ruger45 wrote:
just an idea. we could have a clean your neibor hood ocing.people by each other could get together and do a walk through neibor hoods and pick up stray garbage in the street while ocing and after picking up meet back at whos evers house and have a cook out.this will also help get the word out about ocing.we could carry fliers whith us in case anyone is interested.and iam sure people will wonder what we are doing and see we can do good for the communitty and they will see just cause someone is ocing they dont have to ca the police.:question:
This would include walking right?;) Like exercise?:D;) I would be happy to ferry the gang back to the cookout at the end of your walk. Walking right? Just want to make sure.

WARCHILD

imported post

Yes this sat. You know where it's at, on the east side? From your house the fastest/ easiest is right up 475, get off at Davison rd and go from there.

ruger45

imported post

o.k thanks again looking forward to meeting you . it will be a fun afternoon. you still got my number or do you want me to pm it to you.yes i know where it is used to live over there as a kid.

UpNorth

imported post

If you want alot of high profile time, why don't you get together and do the Highway clean-up thing along the county and state roads. Now that would get alot of coverage, wouldn't it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

UpNorth wrote:
If you want alot of high profile time, why don't you get together and do the Highway clean-up thing along the county and state roads. Now that would get alot of coverage, wouldn't it.
Maybe a good idea, though I have found that most drivers don't notice the people on the side of the road, let alonethat they are armed. I think it's better to do it in a questionable (higher crime area)neighborhood. The OCers in New Hampshire have been doing this for a while now.

UpNorth

imported post

Venator wrote:
UpNorth wrote:
Maybe a good idea, though I have found that most drivers don't notice the people on the side of the road, let alonethat they are armed. I think it's better to do it in a questionable (higher crime area)neighborhood. The OCers in New Hampshire have been doing this for a while now.
Shouldn't be hard to find a few dozen of those areas. Jackson, Battle Creek, Anywhere in Lansing, Flint, Ann Arbor......

ruger45

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Gotta watch that freeway/highway thing. Some prohibit pedestrians.
good idea i would of never thought about that .so we have a cook and a few people interrested and I had my wife print out 100 copies of the open carry stuff.something like flint or even another bad area sounds good any ideas on a date?

warlockmatized

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
Count me in. Just need the when and where.
when and where is good for you any ideas?
Not sure. I would like it to be in a city that we haven't been in yet. I hate to keep hitting the Flint/Burton area over and over. I would also like to add that it (to me anyways) would have to depend on how many people we could get to come out. The higher the crime is in a certain area, i would think the more bodies out there we would need. You know....the whole safety in numbers thing.