Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you need all these?

Post imported post

On the way back fromdoing some target practice Sunday me and my brother-inlaw had a small incident with a local LEO. I had made what he called an unsafe lane change and he decided to pull me over and talk to me about it. Upon walking up to thetruck he saw 2 rifle cases in the bed and stopped. I was immediately told to keep my hands on the wheel and asked if there were any weapons inside the cab.

Me: Yes sir

LEO: Where at?

Me: One on the seat and 2 on the dash

Leo: What's in the cases?

Me: More guns.

Leo: I need you to step out of the truck very slowly.

I exited the truck to a drawn Glock! My brother in law was next and then things calmed down as:celebrate BU :celebratehad arrived. We were beside a major highway, 3 cars with pretty lights, and a total of 13 :what:different firearms on the hood of a cruiser. One of the rifle cases contained 8 handguns and 1 rifle, a rifle in the other case, and the three HG in the cab. These LEOs acted like we were committing a crime, threatened to take the guns until they verified that they were indeed ours ( i think they just wanted to fondle my Bushmaster), and arrest us but would never give a charge. This went on for about an hour until they were finally satisfied that we were not breaking the law. As we were getting ready to leave we were asked "Why do you need all of those"? I was outside the truck and couldn't resist, I pulled open my pocket and looked at the cop and said "will you fit in there?" Not another word wqas said and we were free to go. The look on his face was abesolutely priceless.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You are much more tolerant than I. I am absolutely terrified of the idea of a cop pointing a gun at me and if I had the resources I would be doing everything in my power to make their life difficult. Police are not immune to NDs and pointing a gun at someone whom you are not ready to kill is as irresponsible as it gets.

What would I get charged with if I drew a gun on someone simply because they had one too?

Post imported post

I should clarify that while his weapon was drawn it was at a 45 degree angle toward the ground, in the ready position. If it was pointed at me there would have been no tolerance from my end. As for if we were to pull a gun just because we saw someone with one, or 13, we would still be reading the list of charges.

Post imported post

what leo was this monroe or union county sheriffs

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wow man, I'd be suing if I were you. That's a whole load of crap.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

This is the load

This went on for about an hour until they were finally satisfied that we were not breaking the law.
    The OP needs to read up on detention and RAS, though he has caught the witty retorts.

Post imported post

Ditto what the above post said ! Don't let cops pull this crap.

Post imported post

I have to cut myself off now under advice from my attorney and not reveal any more details. He said that he would be in contact with the chief of police and set up a meeting for myself and the city attorney to resolve this issue. I'll let you all know what comes of this unless I'm hit with a gag order.

State Researcher

Post imported post

pipeman wrote:
    I have to cut myself off now under advice from my attorney and not reveal any more details. He said that he would be in contact with the chief of police and set up a meeting for myself and the city attorney to resolve this issue. I'll let you all know what comes of this unless I'm hit with a gag order.
    Don't accept a gag order if you can help it :?, and good luck.

Post imported post

pipeman wrote:
    Good move !

Post imported post

Officer shoots an airman AFTER telling him to get up off the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/v/uIedW4HG5gE&hl=en&fs=1

I don't remember anything ever coming about in reguards to the officer getting any disciplianry action. Be careful out there. Especially with the felony stops.

Everytime I watch this video it angers me to no end.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Edit: Off Topic and thread hijacking. Need to think before I hit send.

Post imported post

the officer was acquitted of the charges in that video

Post imported post

Figures.

Unless I got my voices mixed up I specifically heard him tell the suspect to get up. The suspect then said "okay I'm getting up, I'm getting up" and then BAM BAM BAM.

Post imported post

Yep, "get up" bang bang bang.

and some wonder why many citizensaren't too botheredwhen a cop hits the pavement with a bullet in his head ?

Post imported post

biff johnson wrote:

and some wonder why many citizensaren't too botheredwhen a cop hits the pavement with a bullet in his head ?
    WHAT? I may have had some differences with a few LEO's before and sure some of them are complete idiots but what the hell? They put that badge on every morning to do a job, and while some of them aren't good at it that remark sickens me. MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST!

Post imported post

biff johnson wrote:

Um that's way over the line man. :?

Post imported post

biff johnson wrote:

I definitely believe in justice but it should never be an instance where someone is shot for the wrong reason someone shouldn't care. Im bothered when someone is shot especially in the line of duty. There are alot of good cops out there that are just trying to do there job and put food on the table for their family.

Post imported post

pipeman wrote:
    biff johnson wrote:

WHAT? I may have had some differences with a few LEO's before and sure some of them are complete idiots but what the hell? They put that badge on every morning to do a job, and while some of them aren't good at it that remark sickens me. MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST!

Actually that video show the intentional murder of a citizen, that is my point. Why should I give a @#$% about some cop getting wacked when they KILL 6-7 citizens daily by "accident".

Lots of the guysmurdered by the police "go to work everyday to support there family" also.

Cops have been killing black men for hundreds of years and Ishould care when it goes the other way ?

Post imported post

That airman survived the shooting.

Do I think he needs to be fired have his peace officer licensed revoked and never be able to work a police or security job again? Yes

Do I think he needs to stand trail for charges of assualt and/or attempted murder or manslaughter? Yes

Do I think he needs a bullet in the brain? that would be a big no.

Post imported post

jeepinbanditrider wrote:
    That airman survived the shooting.

Do I think he needs to be fired have his peace officer licensed revoked and never be able to work a police or security job again? Yes

Do I think he needs to stand trail for charges of assualt and/or attempted murder or manslaughter? Yes

Do I think he needs a bullet in the brain? that would be a big no.

No one is advocating that ! Just stating that the lack of sympathy from citizens is understandable ! You can only oppress the people, beat the people, frame the people so long before public opinion is no longer supportive.

If you were a blackman, a decent of slaves that has been abused by the police 26 times you would understand. Carry a gun as a blackman and it's going to attract law enforcement harassment at a degree that whites don't have to tolerate.

Post imported post

I was going to post something but it would probably be against the forum rules. Ah screw it. If it's deemed inappropriate by the mods I'll take it down no questions asked.

Post imported post

jeepinbanditrider wrote:
    I was going to post something but it would probably be against the forum rules. Ah screw it. If it's deemed inappropriate by the mods I'll take it down no questions asked.

Typical Texan being flippant about the African American Holocaust. Many people say George Bush is a complete imbecile, but he is really Smart by Texas standards.

Post imported post

African American Holocaust
    :quirky

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

biff johnson wrote:
    SNIP If you were a blackman, a decent of slaves that has been abused by the police 26 times you would understand. Carry a gun as a blackman and it's going to attract law enforcement harassment at a degree that whites don't have to tolerate.
    You know,it may not be PC, but I have to have some sympathy for Biff.

At some point a man doesn't come over all gooey when an oppressor bites the dust. He privately cheers.

I don't recall any reports of vast sympathy from the Isrealites when the sea closed on Pharoah's army.

Its part of the human condition.

Also, I'd rather have a man, a real man, with anger smoldering in his heart on our side, than 10,000 whiners who only wake up to their oppression when the last of their comfort is gone long after the last of their rights.

This is without respect to public relations image or PC-ness.

So, lets focus our energy somewhere else rather than attacking the new guy. He'll learn. We're all on the same side. Each for our own reasons.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast