• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do you need all these?

pipeman

imported post

On the way back fromdoing some target practice Sunday me and my brother-inlaw had a small incident with a local LEO. I had made what he called an unsafe lane change and he decided to pull me over and talk to me about it. Upon walking up to thetruck he saw 2 rifle cases in the bed and stopped. I was immediately told to keep my hands on the wheel and asked if there were any weapons inside the cab.

Me: Yes sir

LEO: Where at?

Me: One on the seat and 2 on the dash

Leo: What's in the cases?

Me: More guns.

Leo: I need you to step out of the truck very slowly.

I exited the truck to a drawn Glock! My brother in law was next and then things calmed down as:celebrate BU :celebratehad arrived. We were beside a major highway, 3 cars with pretty lights, and a total of 13 :what:different firearms on the hood of a cruiser. One of the rifle cases contained 8 handguns and 1 rifle, a rifle in the other case, and the three HG in the cab. These LEOs acted like we were committing a crime, threatened to take the guns until they verified that they were indeed ours ( i think they just wanted to fondle my Bushmaster), and arrest us but would never give a charge. This went on for about an hour until they were finally satisfied that we were not breaking the law. As we were getting ready to leave we were asked "Why do you need all of those"? I was outside the truck and couldn't resist, I pulled open my pocket and looked at the cop and said "will you fit in there?" Not another word wqas said and we were free to go. The look on his face was abesolutely priceless.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You are much more tolerant than I. I am absolutely terrified of the idea of a cop pointing a gun at me and if I had the resources I would be doing everything in my power to make their life difficult. Police are not immune to NDs and pointing a gun at someone whom you are not ready to kill is as irresponsible as it gets.

What would I get charged with if I drew a gun on someone simply because they had one too?

pipeman

imported post

I should clarify that while his weapon was drawn it was at a 45 degree angle toward the ground, in the ready position. If it was pointed at me there would have been no tolerance from my end. As for if we were to pull a gun just because we saw someone with one, or 13, we would still be reading the list of charges.

pipeman

imported post

I have to cut myself off now under advice from my attorney and not reveal any more details. He said that he would be in contact with the chief of police and set up a meeting for myself and the city attorney to resolve this issue. I'll let you all know what comes of this unless I'm hit with a gag order.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

pipeman wrote:
I have to cut myself off now under advice from my attorney and not reveal any more details. He said that he would be in contact with the chief of police and set up a meeting for myself and the city attorney to resolve this issue. I'll let you all know what comes of this unless I'm hit with a gag order.
Don't accept a gag order if you can help it :?, and good luck.

biff johnson

imported post

pipeman wrote:
Good move !

biff johnson

imported post

Yep, "get up" bang bang bang.

and some wonder why many citizensaren't too botheredwhen a cop hits the pavement with a bullet in his head ?

pipeman

imported post

biff johnson wrote:

and some wonder why many citizensaren't too botheredwhen a cop hits the pavement with a bullet in his head ?
WHAT? I may have had some differences with a few LEO's before and sure some of them are complete idiots but what the hell? They put that badge on every morning to do a job, and while some of them aren't good at it that remark sickens me. MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST!

burninsteeda04

imported post

biff johnson wrote:

I definitely believe in justice but it should never be an instance where someone is shot for the wrong reason someone shouldn't care. Im bothered when someone is shot especially in the line of duty. There are alot of good cops out there that are just trying to do there job and put food on the table for their family.

biff johnson

imported post

pipeman wrote:
biff johnson wrote:

WHAT? I may have had some differences with a few LEO's before and sure some of them are complete idiots but what the hell? They put that badge on every morning to do a job, and while some of them aren't good at it that remark sickens me. MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST!

Actually that video show the intentional murder of a citizen, that is my point. Why should I give a @#$% about some cop getting wacked when they KILL 6-7 citizens daily by "accident".

Lots of the guysmurdered by the police "go to work everyday to support there family" also.

Cops have been killing black men for hundreds of years and Ishould care when it goes the other way ?

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

That airman survived the shooting.

Do I think he needs to be fired have his peace officer licensed revoked and never be able to work a police or security job again? Yes

Do I think he needs to stand trail for charges of assualt and/or attempted murder or manslaughter? Yes

Do I think he needs a bullet in the brain? that would be a big no.