• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meeting Hastings.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I just received this from Dave STevens in Barry County MI and thought I'd pass it on.
I'll be there with a good attitude and a S&W in 40 caliber.
Hope to see others from this forum there as well.

God bless

Skip Coryell

[line]

[align=center]Press Release – For Immediate Distribution[/align]
In response to the Police Chief of Hastings, Chief Sarver, law-abiding
citizens will be walking down Main Street in Hastings open carrying.
Chief Sarver in response to a letter to the editor responded by saying it was
brandishing, a misdemeanor. He failed to say that the Michigan Attorney
General’s office wrote him telling him that open carry is not against the law. We are asking anyone who is interested in furthering their Second
Amendment rights to join us on Thursday, July 24th at 4 PM. We will be
meeting at Richie's Coffee Shop (146 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058).
An attorney that supports your right to keep and bear arms will be joining us.

It is important to note that this is a peaceful demonstration of our constitutional rights and everyone must be on their best behavior. All well mannered, law-abiding citizens are welcome to join us. Please RSVP if you can. Please do not dress like a paramilitary organization. Wear ordinary clothing that fits in well with the general public.

If you have any questions you can contact me at dstevens@iserv.net.

David Stevens
Barry County Citizens for Second Amendment and Firearm Rights (B-SAFR)

warlockmatized

imported post

I would LOVE to attend. It is almost a 3 hour trip each way for me. After the fuel bill that came with the 6 hour round trip for the Grand Rapids meet, i just simply cannot attend. UNLESS some want to carpool.....

SO if anyone plans on going, and wants to carpool hit me up.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
I would like to attend, but, the Grand Rapids $100 fuel bill wiped me out for awhile.
I hear ya, not sure how Doug can do it so cheap, but GR was a $70 fuel trip for me buying the low grade stuff.

EACH WAY!

274.6miles / 27MPG = 10.17 gallons

10.17 gallons X around $4.00 per gallon = $40.68 in gas

And 4 hours and 6 min's drive time :)

Total.

~~~~Simple math~~~~

If I keep my foot out of the gas I can get better mileage though

ghostrider

imported post

Sorry, posted this on another thread earlier. There's a duplicate.

I've a change in plans, and right now things are kind of "up in the air".

If anyone is going down to this and would like to have a rider along who is willing to share gas money, let me know.

ghostrider

imported post

Just got back. Pleasure finally meeting Venator and dougwg. Someone said that there were about 40 people showed up, and I'd say that is about right. I had the opportunity to talk to one of the main guys there, and I asked him if there was any local group, or org (noticing the good turnout on short notice). He said there wasn't really anything organized, but that people learned of it through word of mouth and the net. He also added that Barry County is a very strong gun community.

I think most of those people had never even heard of us before this week. That's changed.

mastiff69

imported post

Sorry we missed the get together, had to work til 430 and then it is a half hour drive up to hastings.

Am Glad that the word is getting out to the population at large, am sorry that the very positive news:D had to put a negative spin at the end:cry:.

SpringerXDacp

ghostrider

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
The news crews were there. Does anyone have any links to any reports?

Ghostrider, this is all I could find for now.

http://www.wwmt.com/news/hastings_1351572___article.html/guns_banded.html
Thanks.

I've been googling it with no luck.
IIRC, there's a video embedded? I was going to add this comment in my last post but my computer hiccuped.
Yep, I saw it.