Thread: va beach chp

Post imported post

I was told by a Va Beach sheriff deputy that after taking my saftey class for my chp app that i had to apear in front of a judge and be decided on weather i am " worthy " to conceal a handgun. This sounds like a load of s#*t to me but i figured i would post it if i could get some better info on the subject.

Post imported post

Yep, that isa load of BS. I think it use to be that way a long time ago but not now.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    I was told by a Va Beach sheriff deputy that after taking my saftey class for my chp app that i had to apear in front of a judge and be decided on weather i am " worthy " to conceal a handgun. This sounds like a load of s#*t to me but i figured i would post it if i could get some better info on the subject.

You have come to the right place.

The requirements are in VA Code 18.2-308. There is no interview requirement.

You can read the entire law here for yourself:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-308

Add it to your Favorites. You'll want to be able to refer to it easily. Its straight from the VA General Assembly's website.Its also pretty handy to go to the bottom of the page, click back to the search page, and add that to your Favorites, too.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Cool i can show it to my father in law next time i try to tell him my wife and i dont need interviews and if he keeps bein persistand i'll print that up and hand it to him.:P

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    Cool i can show it to my father in law next time i try to tell him my wife and i dont need interviews and if he keeps bein persistand i'll print that up and hand it to him.:P
    You could let him off the hook easy and tell him the law was changed when VA became a shall-issue state.

Maybe somebody else can tell us when. I've heard 10 years ago and 4 years ago.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Sea_Chicken wrote:
    You could let him off the hook easy and tell him the law was changed when VA became a shall-issue state.

Maybe somebody else can tell us when. I've heard 10 years ago and 4 years ago.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

In Virginia if an individual has lost their rights to own or carry a firearm, as part of the reinstatement process the individual would have to appear in front of the Judge of the Circuit Court of residence. Losing that right could be from felony conviction, domestic violence or commitment process for mental health issues.

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    Good morning, I got my CHP in VaBeach in 2000 and i didnt have to Appear before a judge. i just went to the clerk of courts and picked it up. I ihope this helps

Post imported post

Got mine back in 05; Went down to the Va Beach Court house, filled out the paper work, handed the nice lady $50.00, and walked out. 2 weeks later i had permit in hand. very easy!

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    The deputy is ignorant. Sorely ignorant as the law changed 13 years ago. Plus, the fact VA is a "shall issue" state for CHP has been in the news for (at least) the last 2-3 years.

Read the law, know the law...continue to ask questions here and get active with the VCDL (www.vcdl.org)

Mike

Post imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
    Tell him that law was in when va beach was pa county not va beach!! Also take him down to the precinct so both of you can go thru the process together!!!