• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho OCDO meeting

Saint

imported post

IMPORTANT!

Veritas is unexpectedly shut down!

New location is Cobby's sandwhich shop on Chinden!

If you need aditional info or directions, PM me. I should have internet

Navajo

imported post

A transcript of the telephone call would be nice to have before the meeting and to learn from it too. Give us a better idea of what to expect and have an answer prepared in a statement to "answer the questions before they get asked"

Nothing like answering all the questions before the interview starts also dispel all the stereotypes before they get started.

BrianEMT

imported post

Saint wrote:
Agreed... so do we want to shoot for Saturday or do you guys need to get this meeting going before then?
I'm not going shooting until next Wednesday or so when my new Glock gets in. :celebrate

Saint

imported post

Saturday at 11 AM

Possible places...

My house, Veritas Coffeeshop (owned by some of my pro gun friends) or we can go to somewhere like Sharis or Red Robin if people want to do lunch during the meeting

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Do post time and place at Boiseshooters or any other pro-second amendment site. Get them involved in the larger organization we're trying to form. I am not a member at these forums so someone please include them.

BrianEMT

imported post

Saint wrote:
Saturday at 11 AM

Possible places...

My house, Veritas Coffeeshop (owned by some of my pro gun friends) or we can go to somewhere like Sharis or Red Robin if people want to do lunch during the meeting
Somewhere public and in Boise preferably haha...

Name a place, I will post up on BoiseShooters too and keep them up to date.

Saint

imported post

Ok does Veritas Coffeeshop work for everyone?

The owners are friends of mine and pro-gun so we won't have any problems being kicked out.

For those of you who don't know where it is, Veritas is located on Chinden close to the Woman of Steel Gallery (if you are traveling down Chinden towards the connector, it will be on your left hand side just after Woman of steel)

If no one has any objections to that then final details will be below.

When: Saturday, July 26th at 11 AM
Where: Veritas Coffee House
What: A meeting of anyone who wants to be involved with the Idaho OCDO chapter and the Idaho Citizens Defense Leauge
Why: To discuss logistics, events, member platform, etc.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Sounds like a plan. See you all there.

Close to where we're supposed to clean up for the event? Maybe that would be a good meeting place for that day as well, somewhere to park the cars.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Most of them are not OC'ers... not that I care one way or another about inviting them, but it's not our group per se... in other words, don't hi-jack their forum. :D

Saint

imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
Most of them are not OC'ers... not that I care one way or another about inviting them, but it's not our group per se... in other words, don't hi-jack their forum. :D
Agreed. But many of us who are on OCDO are also members of Boiseshooters. We can at least put it up there so that if some of them want to come the invite is extended. But I agree we should not hijack their forum

Navajo

imported post

As a member of that other board I can tell you that OC is not a view supported by the majority of people who CC.

This would be better handle by you all.

silver nekode

imported post

Sorry to be the ignorant Caldwell hick here, but I have no idea what or where woman of steel is. I know chinden fairly well though, could someone give me a cross street nearby?

DocWalker

imported post

I would also like to attend; I'm comming from Mountain Home and have to be back in Mountain Home before 5pm. I would like to get more involved since I seem to be the only person in Elmore County OCing. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys more at the zoo but they sold me tickets and I went in with my children. I think I caused a stire because I watched a few staff members run around and past me (probably looking for me) knowing someone with a pistol went in even though they held most of you outside. My Springfield XD40 was not to visable I guess becasue they walked by me a couple of times.:lol:

DocWalker