• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

-deleted-

Bandit

imported post

I dropped mine off at the fairfax county courthouse on June 23rd. It'd be pretty spiffy to get home today and find it in the mail.

Sheriff

imported post

Just had mine renewed not long ago.

And my city seems to make people drive to the courthouse and pick them up. They've never mailed mine to me.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ki4ihc wrote:
I dropped off my application on June 24, and the postman delivered my permit this afternoon. From what I've heard, I figured I'd be waiting the full 45 days. Woohoo! :celebrate

Great news.

Lets validate the speedy response.

Please call the clerks office and ask for Deputy Clerk Carol Snow and let her know you really appreciate the faster turn-around.

Maybe ask if they did something that made the process faster, or find out if maybe its just that there were fewer applications over the last month or so.

ki4ihc

Fairfax County / Falls Church, Virginia, USA
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Great news.

Lets validate the speedy response. 

Please call the clerks office and ask for Deputy Clerk Carol Snow and let her know you really appreciate the faster turn-around.

Maybe ask if they did something that made the process faster, or find out if maybe its just that there were fewer applications over the last month or so.

They've closed for the day, but I'll give them a call tomorrow, and report back