• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to Hound the Feds Again

rodbender

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
If they don't respect your/our direction the first time, why the second? If they don't fear your power to unseat them why listen at all. Read The Real Nature or Politics. It's on-line at a pro-gun site.

Which pro-gun site?

We need to keep hounding them until they get the message that we are not going to take it anymore.

I like writing letters instead of email because they havesomething in the office that takes up space and they know that if you took the time to write a letter, print it out, paid for postage, and put it in the mail thatyou are more passionate about it than most.

I know it gets tiresomehaving to write to them all the time, but if we get tired and stop, we have lost not just the battle, but the war as well.

imperialism2024

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
If they don't respect your/our direction the first time, why the second? If they don't fear your power to unseat them why listen at all. Read The Real Nature or Politics. It's on-line at a pro-gun site.

Which pro-gun site?

We need to keep hounding them until they get the message that we are not going to take it anymore.

I like writing letters instead of email because they havesomething in the office that takes up space and they know that if you took the time to write a letter, print it out, paid for postage, and put it in the mail thatyou are more passionate about it than most.

I know it gets tiresomehaving to write to them all the time, but if we get tired and stop, we have lost not just the battle, but the war as well.
Would it be illegal to mail them empty shell casings?

ETA :):
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/mRFf4Gzt6j0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0[/flash]

tattedupboy

imported post

I would say that anyone whose congressional representative does not support this bill is someone you should not support when you go to the polls this November. Furthermore, if you do write to them, make sure they know that failure to support this bill will cost them votes.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

rodbender wrote:

On that I wholeheartedly agree! In my political activism training a continuum of politically effective correspondence was established; most effective is USPS (20+lb bond, business quality correspondence), USPS postcards, fax, e-mail, phone call, voice mail).

My most satisfying campaign used coordinated mailings of brightly colored postcards. Seeing desks literally overflowing with 'your' cards is satisfying.

But such a campaign requires disciplined leaders and followers - and here we would all be leaders, no indians all chiefs - and principles (that which will not be compromised).

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Now tell me again how it is not predominately democrats and the democrat party who are trying to infringe upon our 2A rights ...

I don't know if that was a rhetorical question or not... but generally, the Republicans are more supportive of civilian gun ownership, passing token pro-gun bills from time to time to keep gun owners voting for them. Oh, and to piss off the Democrats.

However, the modern Republican party has lost touch with the purpose of the Second Amendment. The emphasis on "security" and statism fly in the face of the Founding Fathers' intent to ackowledge the citizens' right to rebel against a tyrannical government. Without paying attention to any of the other rights enumerated in the BOR, the Republicans' support of some gun ownership is hollow at best.

So, are Republicans more pro-gun than the Democrats? Sure. But pro-gun doesn't mean pro-2A.

rodbender

imported post

I mailed a letter this morning to, of all people, Lloyd Doggett (gag, gag, gag). Only God can help us if he's the deciding vote. I mailed it anyway. I'm in his district by about a half mile. I'm moving next year.

rodbender

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I just read it. Interesting piece, mostly true, too.

rodbender

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Please post a "base" letter that everyone can use. I'd be happy to send another letter to my reps, but simply don't have the time to research every topic and write intelligent letters, plus fight all the battles in WI so we can open carry without being arrested, plus help research questions like, "What ammo can I use in a .44 Magnum so I don't blow away half of Sears customers in an emergency?"

Keep up the fight, and thanks in advance!
It will also shoot .44 special. Also Federalhyda-shock slows a lot after it opens up.

rodbender

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Also Federalhyda-shock slows a lot after it opens up.
What it's supposed to do - as it transfers energy/momentum to the target. If all energy/momentum is not transferred to the target then overpenetration occurs.

This I know, I wanted to keep it simple.