Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Just got off the phone....

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post


    I am stationed in Delaware but a Washington state resident. I am planning on coming home next month so I started off by telling him that and asked him a question about RCW 9.41.060
    And I guess the exceptions only work if you are off base hunting the enemy...

    so it sparked a discussion about OC...


    I guess you could call it that. he discouraged it big time and said i could be charged with disorderly conduct. he also said it would be a bigger risk to myself for the fact that the bad guy could take it from me and use it against me. this is true they could,but I carry a Blackhawk serpa with a xd 40ported in it. its not coming out unless you know what your doing.

    moved on to talk about having to answer any lead I send downrange. this is true my dad has worked for the state for many years and me being mil I know you better have a good answer for why someones dead and your not. (even though it should be black and white).

    He said if its that big of a deal I should get my CC permit. (it is, read the news) but when I come home on leave I wont have time to get it this next trip. ill apply and have my dad send it to me later but no good this trip. then i told him my wife had to mace someone last week and he said less than lethal is great and yea tasers are really great and about the same price as guns, but theres the fact if you miss... you only have one shot. and just like dad said. never bring a knife to a gun fight. he laughed and said yea thats true.


    so

    in conclusion its

    -frowned upon..
    -not illegal...
    -could be disorderly conduct.. i dont know how they could proved that. thats like saying you talked to me so thats disorderly cuz dont like the way you talk. and wow we have hit on the bill of rights twice!

    probably just gonna stay with friends and family more than anything but still seems like we need more public intrest in the vancouver/camas area!






  2. #2
    Regular Member MadHatter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    320

    Post imported post

    Depending on what agency you go into to get your permit, it might be same day. I got mine in about 30min, and it was a painless process...

    Might want to call the local PD or Sheriff's office and find out if it can be done same day...

    While I disagree with what the deputy told you... I'm just passing on the CC info...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    MadHatter66 wrote:
    Depending on what agency you go into to get your permit, it might be same day. I got mine in about 30min, and it was a painless process...

    Might want to call the local PD or Sheriff's office and find out if it can be done same day...

    While I disagree with what the deputy told you... I'm just passing on the CC info...
    great news! I will call them in the morning and find out who does it faster.
    thanks for the tip.

    still all for the OC movment but hey if the hippy states are a little behind.. it get there someday.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    As a military member they should issue your permit at that time you apply in person and if not send it to you. You can also apply via mail. Also the permit is valid until your discharge as is you Washington Drivers License.

  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    The disorderly conduct stuff is just plain wrong. If they charged you with that, you could have such a nice lawsuit. The rest was BS too...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    And what agency did you talk to?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Bear, where did you get the info for CPL being valid until your discharged. I have not heard of that. Would like to know.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    332

    Post imported post

    Disorderly conduct is indeed crap. I have no idea where he pulled that from. No, actually I *do* have a very good idea where he "pulled" that from...

    It has already been determined that walking around in public with a HOLSTERED firearm while behaving in a calm, civilized fashion is insufficient to meet the "alarm" requirements. On rare occasions you will encounter an LEO who 1) doesn't know this, 2) is betting that YOU don't know this, or 3) insists he could arrest you just to get you riled into doing something dumb so he CAN arrest you. Again, although this happens from time to time, it is NOT commonplace.

    I've seen a couple reports on this board that the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office in Silverdale will have the license ready for you by the time you finish washing the fingerprint ink off your hands.

    Good luck, and thanks for your service!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    dlnwoody wrote:
    Bear, where did you get the info for CPL being valid until your discharged. I have not heard of that. Would like to know.
    The state told me that when I was on active duty back in the 60s and 70s and tried to renew both my DL and CHL from overseas. Remember though that back then you could get a CPL at 18 years old.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Thanks. I will have to see if that is still in effect. The only thing that might keep me for doing that is that I am not a resident.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    dlnwoody wrote:
    Bear, where did you get the info for CPL being valid until your discharged. I have not heard of that. Would like to know.
    The state told me that when I was on active duty back in the 60s and 70s and tried to renew both my DL and CHL from overseas. Remember though that back then you could get a CPL at 18 years old.
    I think they called it the "Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act". We didn't have to renew licenses issued byour state of residence if we were on active duty with the military. Licenses did not expire until we returned to the original state of residency. But, that was then. Who knows what it is now.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    I sell guns to military personnel on a daily basis. Those that have a Wash. CPL, the CPL DOES have an Expiration date, the same as for anyone else. I do not know if the state grants an automatic extension, but if they did why would there be an expiration date?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    I sell guns to military personnel on a daily basis. Those that have a Wash. CPL, the CPL DOES have an Expiration date, the same as for anyone else. I do not know if the state grants an automatic extension, but if they did why would there be an expiration date?
    IIRC, my replacement DL said good until discharge. My CPL had an expiration date, but like I said they told me my military ID made it good until discharge. I do remember renewing both when I got home and the DOL and Sheriff both wanted to see my DD214 to confirm when my discharge date was before renewing. Damn, that was a long time ago, December 1976.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    I called clark county sheriffs and talked to the central devision I am guessing?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    Ajetpilot wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    dlnwoody wrote:
    Bear, where did you get the info for CPL being valid until your discharged. I have not heard of that. Would like to know.
    The state told me that when I was on active duty back in the 60s and 70s and tried to renew both my DL and CHL from overseas. Remember though that back then you could get a CPL at 18 years old.
    I think they called it the "Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act". We didn't have to renew licenses issued byour state of residence if we were on active duty with the military. Licenses did not expire until we returned to the original state of residency. But, that was then. Who knows what it is now.
    yes that is the correct act and i have it on my DL. underd expiration it says. MILITARY, gets them every time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •