• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC at Department of Licensing?

LongRider

imported post

neddis wrote:
She declined and asked me again to put the gun in my car because I was making the employees uncomfortable. I gave her kindof a funny look so she said that she would get me right in and out of there because she understood that I didn't want to just leave it in my car. I had a friend with me and so I took the gun to the car and left him there with it (yeah, he's over 21).
You wussed out ,caved in, to unreasonable fears and validated in the staffs mind the correctness of their illegal inappraobraite position. :shock: Than again I don't know that the purpose of oc'ing is to create a scene in order to confirm our rights. As others have said you did get over and beat the line

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
I can see the manager of a state, county, or local facility asking you to leave for OC, and when you refuse, the cops being called to eject and trespass you. And said cops being happy to comply, regardless of a posting on this board that says they can't.

Tree huggers and other leftists are trespassed from government property all the time and convicted.
Not for legally carrying a pistol they don't.

Machoduck

imported post

If open carry gets you sent to the head of the line, this will do more for open carry than our folders will. "Hey Joe, didja hear the latest way to beat the long lines at the DOL? Just open carry a pistol and they'll move you right to the front. That's what I hear."

MD

deanf

imported post

Don't you remember Estes v. Vashon?

The court held that the fire district could restrict possession of firearms by the general public on fire district property, even with legitimate business there.

So how would you expect that restriction to be enforced?

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:

The court held that the fire district could restrict possession of firearms by the general public on fire district property, even with legitimate business there.

And if appealed it would have been overturned as it flys in the face of state law. Very stupid decision on the part of the judge. Right there with the election case where the judge said all that all therehad to were errors in the election, on purpose or otherwise and the election would be invalid. So on the decision he says there were errors but he is gonna let the election stand. Why wasn't it appealed?

deanf

imported post

But you would agree, given your posts in another thread about Heller (vis-à-vis how it speaks to restrictions on the 2nd amendment,) and it's being the law of the land whether we like it or not, that as it stands now, Washington municipal corporations have the authority to make rules about guns on their property, and to eject and trespass people that break those rules?

just_a_car

imported post

deanf wrote:

And if I remember correctly, it was areas of the fire department that weren't open to the public, which is not the case with the DOL.

deanf

imported post

And if I remember correctly, it was areas of the fire department that weren't open to the public, which is not the case with the DOL.

I just read the case over at NWCDL. Doesn't really say. The posting over there is just a cut-and-paste from an OCDO thread. Not really comprehensive. It give no background on the case, just the decision and reasoning behind it.

I thought that Estes had taken to OCing to commissioner's meetings . . . .

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
But you would agree, given your posts in another thread about Heller (vis-à-vis how it speaks to restrictions on the 2nd amendment,) and it's being the law of the land whether we like it or not, that as it stands now, Washington municipal corporations have the authority to make rules about guns on their property, and to eject and trespass people that break those rules?
If someone else challanges that court decision it will fall like a big rock. Fire Districts are just like any other tax supported government agency and the ruling is totally against state law. FYI there are noclosed to thepublic areas in a fire station, I've been enough of them to know.

deanf

imported post

FYI there are noclosed to thepublic areas in a fire station, I've been enough of them to know.

So it would be unreasonable, maybe illegal, for me NOT to let the homeless guy into our station at 2 AM and let him sleep in one of our private bunk rooms for the night?

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
FYI there are noclosed to thepublic areas in a fire station, I've been enough of them to know.

So it would be unreasonable, maybe illegal, for me NOT to let the homeless guy into our station at 2 AM and let him sleep in one of our private bunk rooms for the night?
Why is it you clowns always take everything and make it an extreme example. This gun thing was during the normal work day on extremely liberal, unreconstructed hippie Vashon Island here they are worse than Seattle about guns. The powers that be wanted the guy out and he woudn't leave and this was their back door way to get him out. The court ignored the state law for some unknown reason about government agencies. As to closed at night, any government facility will close at night, so your example is null and void. It also shows your bias.

deanf

imported post

Why is it you clowns always take everything and make it an extreme example.[sic]

Listen, you made an extreme statement: There are no areas of a fire station that are closed to the public. Words mean things. No means no. Doesn't matter the time of day. No means no. Problem is, in the case of a fire station, or many public buildings, there are areas that are closed to the public: the private quarters of a fire station, the changing room for the officers at a police station, the employee lunch room at the DOL, the governor's powder room, etc.

When you put forward falsities that are germane to the discussion, someone has to call BS. That's where I come in.

As to closed at night, any government facility will close at night,

Ok, I hereby change my question from 2 AM to "normal business hours." Let's say 2 PM on a Tuesday that is not a government holiday. Please reanalyze and submit your answer.

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
Why is it you clowns always take everything and make it an extreme example.[sic]

Listen, you made an extreme statement: There are no areas of a fire station that are closed to the public. Words mean things. No means no. Doesn't matter the time of day. No means no. Problem is, in the case of a fire station, or many public buildings, there are areas that are closed to the public: the private quarters of a fire station, the changing room for the officers at a police station, the employee lunch room at the DOL, the governor's powder room, etc.

When you put forward falsities that are germane to the discussion, someone has to call BS. That's where I come in.

As to closed at night, any government facility will close at night,

Ok, I hereby change my question from 2 AM to "normal business hours." Let's say 2 PM on a Tuesday that is not a government holiday. Please reanalyze and submit your answer.
So if I come to your station at as you say, 2 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon, you won't let me see ever bit of your station? How come I very much doubt that? Get real instead of just over reacting to everything I say. You are doing exactily what you are always accusing me of doing. If you won't show me everyplace of your station, what the hell are you doing there you don't want the public to know about? With our tax dollars too.
rolleyes.gif

deanf

imported post

So if I come to your station at as you say, 2 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon, you won't let me see ever bit of your station?

Of course I will, but you're the one who said there are "no closed to the public areas of a fire station." That's simply not true. At certain times, or under certain circumstances, some areas are closed, and I've gotten you to admit that, thus admitting that you were wrong. I'm done on this fire station sub-topic. I will continue to call your BS where I see it.

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
So if I come to your station at as you say, 2 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon, you won't let me see ever bit of your station?

Of course I will, but you're the one who said there are "no closed to the public areas of a fire station." That's simply not true. At certain times, or under certain circumstances, some areas are closed, and I've gotten you to admit that, thus admitting that you were wrong. I'm done on this fire station sub-topic. I will continue to call your BS where I see it.
The problem with the Vashon case is the Vashoncraziesclaim there are areas closed all the time, which you have to admit just isn't so.