• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Road trip to Seattle

tacmedic911

imported post

Heading to Seattle this weekend, any areas to avoid? I just returned from a trip to Montana and OC'd the whole trip. I am familiar with the not allowed to carry loaded in your car with out a permit, (don't agree with it) but I like to oc. Any help would be great.

Also, I live around Spokane and will be oc'ing in this area any area's to avoid here? I like the idea of an OC get together. Be safe out there, and thanks for your input.

just_a_car

imported post

Make sure to read the laws yourself, but here's the gist and the links:

1) No loaded pistol in a vehicle without CPL (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050)

2) Exceptions: if it's unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060)

3) Secure areas of jails, airports, hospitals/mental instititions, and courts. Also, no place that is "No Minors" allowed as designated by the WA Liquor Control Board. This doesn't mean the whole restaurant, just the lounge; but it does mean an entire bar. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300)

dlnwoody

imported post

If you go to pikes place market I would recommend CC'ing. I went there on a thursday and it was packed. I'm not saying you can't but when there were people elbow to elbow.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
tacmedic911 wrote:
Hey have any of you oc'd in leavenworth, WA?
No but I know a leavenworth police Sgt. and can ask him what their policy is, if you would like.

His policy should be spelled out in the RCW's

:celebrate:D

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
tacmedic911 wrote:
Hey have any of you oc'd in leavenworth, WA?
No but I know a leavenworth police Sgt. and can ask him what their policy is, if you would like.

His policy should be spelled out in the RCW's

:celebrate:D
I know that and you know that, but Guy is an ex-jarhead, officer no lessand I like to test him every once in awhile.

tacmedic911

imported post

Thank you all for the information, I spent all day in Leavenworth yesterday while OC'ing Absolutley no problems at all. Some curious looks but no issues. Thanks again for all of the helpful advice.

As for Alki, I chose not to OC. My gf made the comment the one time you don't OC and we are attacked by seagulls' lol all in all this has been a great trip. Thanks again for the helpful info.