• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC"ed on the bus to the dentist

DEROS72

imported post

I got on the 174 in Seatac headed for Federal way.Nothing was said.Don,t know if anyone even noticed.There was this smart a..$ in the front telling everyone that got on how the are to conduct themsevles on the bus.Self proclaimed bus nazi.When I got off in Federalway I stood up and he noticed my Para Companion hanging out in the wind.Advised me I couldn,t do that and Thats when the driver piped in and said"well yes he can Its legal in this state.Have a nice day sir."Shut our bus nazi up in a hurry and I wish I would have got the drivers name she was cool.So add Dr Cynthia Lieu of Fedral way to the list of businesses that are really OK.She has no problem with CCor OC and she is an awsome dentist.If I was informed 2 of her staff also cc.She also has a great sense of humor.I did as a courtesy remove the mag.and clear the weapon.And had my coat over it when I lest the office as not to startel he other patients in the waiting room.She also has no problem giving pain meds when needed .I hate these self righteous doctors and dentists that treat everyone like a drug dealer and tell you to take an aspirin.Anyway good experience all day......

I should add that this driver responded very well I don,t know about others drivers

Hammer

imported post

I'm glad the bus driver was well informed. Too bad you didn't get to check the bus nazi's attitude AFTER the driver talked to them.

And, my wife is a dental assistant. I know it's troubling not to be able to get meds easily, but you need to understand, it's not just strung out junkies coming in for easy scrips.
There are professionals and career oriented folk that will come in and try to get meds. You'd be amazed by the stories.
The temptation is too great for many..... :cry:
The sad part is, most want to escape what they can't really leave- themselves:(

bobestes

imported post

The biggest problem in getting pain medication is the federal drug NAZI's. A doctor can lose his license if they arbitrarily decide he is writting to many prescriptions. Pharmicists are also at risk. I saw an article a while back where a pharmicist lost his license for filling too many prescription for pain medications. Many of his customers were elderly and had legimate need for the medication. That didn't make any difference to the feds. They jerked his license.

DEROS72

imported post

I think you missed the point.She isn,t.My dentist isn,t like that.She is careful.I was in alot of pain.I am a big baby when it comes to toothe ache.The point is her office is very gun friendly. So was the bus driver .Where did you guys get off on the perscription thing .I only mentioned that because I went to a dentist once in severe pain and all he would give me was aspirin.Left me insevere pain.She was kidding around and asked me if it was unloaded incases she srewed up my rro canal.She also metioned she personally doesn,t care to shoot.But absolutley supports our rights to carry.As I mentioned A couple of her staff carry.

Gene Beasley

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I wish I would have got the drivers name she was cool.

I think a phone call to Metro with the bus number, date and time would get you the driver name if you wanted to relay your story to them to give her an atta-girl. I guess the name's not important, they can figure it out if you know the approximate time.

If you choose to put your commendation in writing, that would be added to her employee file and I've seen where the original letter is published in an organization's newsletter.

Metro Transit General Manager
Kevin Desmond
201 S. Jackson St., KSC-TR-0415
Seattle, WA 98104-3856

(206) 684-1619