• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doubletree hotel in downtown Houston now 30.06 posted

lprgcFrank

imported post

I've been staying in this hotel for a couple years. I came back this week and when coming in tonight I noticed that the hotel has a nice new green 30.06 posting on their front window.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I plan to talk to the GM tomorrow morning and give him a no guns no cash card. If they don't take down the sign - they've lost my and my companies business. :cuss:

ed: I also sent a note to the TSRA to let them know.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I bet they don;t warn folks at reservation time.

make a reservation there and then show up after 6PM - halt at the door, call in ask manager to come out - tell him you need refund.

lprgcFrank

imported post

When I left the hotel yesterday morning, I met with an assistant manager and asked him when the 30.06 sign went up since it wasn't there when I was here 2 weeks ago. I gave him a no-guns no cash card and told him that I am a law abiding person and that since they posted the sign, I would be breaking the law if I stayed there anymore.

I said that from circumstances like this in other Hilton properties, I personally know that Hilton corporate policy has no issues with firearms as long as they are carried in compliance with state law.

I told him that until they take down the sign, I will not be staying there anymore and that the others from my company will also not be staying here and that I am posting the hotel as gun unfriendly with the TSRA and to the firearms related groups where I participate.

I gave him my card and asked to have someone more senior in management call me.

This should have a financial impact as we spend about $7,500/month there and have for the past 4 years.

lprgcFrank

imported post

Mike wrote:

make a reservation there and then show up after 6PM - halt at the door, call in ask manager to come out - tell him you need refund.
You are correct. They do not warn on reservations.

I'll make that point when the GM calls me.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

lprgcFrank wrote:
Mike wrote:

You are correct. They do not warn on reservations.

I'll make that point when the GM calls me.

I would make a complaint to corporate too.

lprgcFrank

imported post

The director of security for the hotel called me today.
He tried to tell me that it was a law mandated by the Hilton corporation that all Hilton properties post the 30.06 signs. After :banghead::banghead::banghead: trying to get him to understand that a company cannot make a law only the government - I realized that this was a waste of time.

He did not think it was a problem that guests are not notified when reservations are made that they would be violating the law.
His grand solution was that I could check my firearm into a safe deposit box :what:when I stay at the hotel.

time to escalate to Hilton corporate.....