• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Blogger attacks open carry, open carriers, Barry County Sheriff, and Mike Stollenwerk!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Here is the blog: http://westmichiganpolitics.blogspot.com/2008/07/bullet-points-or-annie-get-your-gun.html

My comment is #4:

At Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:48:00 PM,
b16-rounded.gif
Mike Stollenwerk said…

Most states are like Michigan - no permit needed to open carry, at least on foot. See Michigan State Police Legal Update No. 66 (June 16, 2008), available at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSP_Legal_Update_No._66_238184_7.pdf: "Open carry of firearms
Subject to MCL 750.234d, it is legal to carry a visible pistol in public."

Michigan has a vibrant and growing open carry movement like many other states. See http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/06/openly_carrying_their_guns_gro.html There is also a weekly radio show on open carry in Michigan: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12036.html See also Nightline coverage of open carry at http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=gun&type=

Diocoles

imported post

That blogger is so typical of anti gunners. He's never had a need for one so doesn't think anyone else should.... maybe he needs to read the real world news more often.

This is not a safe world and you can't carry a cop with you, so carry your gun.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Am I wrong to think that Many, Many comments have been deleted? It sure looks that way from the line of comments.

N00blet45

imported post

I can't post any comments on that blog. Not for technical reasons but because I don't understand the issue at hand. One minute they are discussing the election of the local sheriff and then the next it is the lone ranger. Seems that there is no healthy debate or discussion going on in the blog, just belittling comments. It doesn't take much genitalia to post that crap on the internet, maybe if it was a face to face conversation I'd be more interested in putting my two cents in.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Also to put your mind at ease I have also not received any spam from google from signing up and doubt I will. Google is fairly reputable.
G00gle does not spam that I know nor has anyone suggested so.

G00gle does collect abundant information on its users and is no friend of the Second Amendment.

Filter all G00gle content and see how often you must disable the filter for full site functionality. What is the purpose of G00gle-analytics?

For instance, from this 'post reply' window I see 75 individual mywowbb calls, of which I have blocked 23 emoticons, 4 avatars and 1 attachment. Nothing to do with G00gle but with the complexity of a webpage.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
I have not noticed any deletions.

I have received an e-mail stating that around 40 or more are expected to be in attendance. Who else is going? Car pool?

I'm thinking of going. I will leave downtown Lansing about 2:30 or so. Anyone want to ride with me? I can meet you at the Gander Mt. SW of M-43 and I-96/69

ghostrider

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
I have not noticed any deletions.

I have received an e-mail stating that around 40 or more are expected to be in attendance. Who else is going? Car pool?

I'm thinking of going. I will leave downtown Lansing about 2:30 or so. Anyone want to ride with me? I can meet you at the Gander Mt. SW of M-43 and I-96/69
I'm also thinking about it. Don't think it's practical for us to ride though.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Man, the anti's got some fangs on this site, don't they?
Nah, it's the same emotion filled, clueless, distort the facts, ignore the truth BS that we've heard so many times before! Calling you names, insulting you and approaching the topic without rational and logical thought is their only weapon.

What they fear most is fear itself - they want to feel good. Anyone different is bad. How sweet their bile must taste!

Yata hey