Thread: Anyone use a kydex reinforced belt?

Post imported post

Has anyone got one of the Comp-Tac reinforced belts? How does it fare? Would you recommend it?

Item in question:

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=43

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    Has anyone got one of the Comp-Tac reinforced belts? How does it fare? Would you recommend it?

Item in question:

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=43
    Hi Curtis - Haven't used the Comp-Tac belt but own one made by FIST. It is a real high quality piece, does not look like a gun belt and is slightly less expensive.
    http://tinyurl.com/5sdhpz
    Also have one of their hybrid holsters and love it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I also have not used those particular belts, but I have several 5.11 belts that have reinforcing inserts. Night and day difference between even a regular department store bought thick leather belt and a belt made for carrying. I won't own any more belts that are not designed for carry.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I have a simple Uncle Mike's reinforced belt, $24 and is awesome.

Post imported post

I have the Comp-Tac reinforced belt and I give it a solid 6.5.

It has great features: tapered, contoured, Kydex reinforced but the workmanship leaves quite a bit to be desired. My biggest gripe was that the edges weren't finished at all, they were just raw leather.

I functions well and I bought it because it had all the features I wanted at a price I could afford but be warned that the quality of the work suffers to maintain that price.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just got my 5.11 leather belt and so far it's awesome. The edges are nice and smooth and it is very sturdy. The sturdiness is very nice because it means I can wear my belt more comfortably and the holster is still very secure and doesn't move. With a regular belt I had to make up for the weakness of the belt by wearing it tighter, which can be very uncomfortable. It also has 7 holes instead of the standard 5, which means it comfortably works as an IWB and OWB belt.

Post imported post

I have one and it works and looks great.

The finish is equivalent to some of the "dress" belts I have.