• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supreme Court and Open Carry....Hope for California?

Digby

imported post

I saw a posting hereabouts where it is claimed the Supreme Court just ruled, in addition the "individual right" issue, that Open Carry is Constitutionally protected. Does this mean California must allow me to openly carry here if I so desire? Obviously, I would not do it in San Francisco, but perhaps out in areas around National Forest lands, where I openly carry when I go camping?
Any hope the NRA will push this interpretation? Obviously, there is NO hope for Californians, (except Feinstein and Don Peratta) getting concealed carry permits, but perhaps the fools here should be made aware of the Supreme's decision, and realize I could OPENLY carry if I so desired. Am I missing something?