• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in wall-mart (Brigham City)

OCwith1911

imported post

There has been a lot of topics posted about
OCing in Wal-mart and how their cracking down on it; so to speak. I live in Brigham City and have not had a problem OCing With them at all. I go to wal-mart maybe 2 or 3 times a week and have not been bothered once. I'm not saying that Some wally worlds are not allowing it but just in case anyone is wondering about the wal-mart in brigham thought this might help.:D

yo101jimmy

imported post

I would only have problems in the Lindon one :cuss:but thats for other reasons

I go to the one in American Fork alot and never get bothered

41 Magnum

imported post

From what she said it sounds like it was a shift or team manager,NOT the store manager. She told them to nevermind frinishing the transaction, she'd take her business elswhere. So I hopped on here as soon as she hung up to try to find out what they are doing with "us" curently and who to call.

FWIW: I've been asked to leave the wal mart in Ephriam while OCing(due to a specific customers/soccer mom complaint) but that was years ago.

thx997303

imported post

Well, good for her, now she needs to make her purchases elsewhere, and fax them her receipt with an explanation.

yo101jimmy

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Well, good for her, now she needs to make her purchases elsewhere, and fax them her receipt with an explanation.
The reagional manager needs to be contacted. This receipt would be nice but wont prove anything they dont care about that side of it.

41 Magnum

imported post

That's exactly it I don't know who she needs to contact. I'm about as net savvy as a four thumbed monkey, and she has no netaccess where she's at.

She's been in that wal-mart daily for the last week solid and no trouble til tonight.

yo101jimmy

imported post

At the front desk or service center has a regional manager name and number and store manager name and number. If she could get that and post it maybe a few members could call too.

Ok store number is 2794
(435) 283-8189 <--- land line
777 North Main Street
Ephraim, ut 84627-1165 <-- address

Store manger
Lane Hardey

Distric manager
Jim curtis
Orem store based
801-221-0600

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

There are only three Wal Mart market managers in Utah. Any Wal Mart south of Lehi, is managed by Jim Curtis. He is based in the Orem Wal Mart. I have spoken with Jim in the past, and he does not frown on lawful carry of firearms.