• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred Calibur for OC/CC?

When I OC/CC, I chamber:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• OTHER

• Total voters

scorpioajr

imported post

OCwith1911 wrote:
I bought me a Walther p22 back in December and i feel very comfortable carrying it with me for defense....

I love that Walther P22. My bud OCs with his and loves it.

ps - you say you carry a .22, but you didnt vote!:lol:

OCwith1911

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
OCwith1911 wrote:
I bought me a Walther p22 back in December and i feel very comfortable carrying it with me for defense....

I love that Walther P22. My bud OCs with his and loves it.

ps - you say you carry a .22, but you didnt vote!:lol:
Sorry, Just did though:celebrate

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cykaos wrote:
http://www.btfh.net/shoot/bullet-test-2.html

http://www.btfh.net/shoot/bullet-test-7.html

Some interesting results. Federal HST looks pretty good. The Hyrdashock did bad.

Hmm. Well, hedid saythey performed flawlessly the second time around; he may have gotten a bad lot. In either case, looks like I should upgrade to HST next time I rotate my defense stock; the Box O' Truth guys also had a problem with aHydraShock not expanding. G-d forbid I should ever have to use them to defend myself, I want them to do the job and not pose that kind of threat to the guy behind.

HSTs are marketed as "law enforcement" ammo, which may explain whyI haven't seen it at Academy (even though they have the original HydraShok). Next time I visit my local range I'll ask if they carry it (though their meat and potatoes is ammo sales so I doubt I'll get 50 for $20 as advertised some places online). I may also stock up next time I go to the gun show (though the admission fee just to get in to buy it is a substantial mark-up). I buy some things online, but I'm hesitant about ammo cause I generally have stuff delivered to my workplace.

As to the original question, my daily carry is a Ruger 9mm, loaded with HydraShoks.

OCwith1911

imported post

Narcisist wrote:
swjr wrote:
+1 on 9mm

(Federal Hydr-shocks)

Ditto, with an extra mag, that gives me 31 chances to hit a vital. Good odds. Ruger P95PR15 to be exact, tough to find a good holster though.
Did you try looking at Fobusholster.com? They seem to have a holster for every gun. I have a couple and love them.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

OCwith1911 wrote:
Narcisist wrote:
swjr wrote:
+1 on 9mm

(Federal Hydr-shocks)

Ditto, with an extra mag, that gives me 31 chances to hit a vital. Good odds. Ruger P95PR15 to be exact, tough to find a good holster though.
Did you try looking at Fobusholster.com? They seem to have a holster for every gun. I have a couple and love them.

Yeah RIGHT.

THIS is the reason WHY I DON'T like fobus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

RJ

scorpioajr

imported post

Ya - FOBUS sucks. My bud saw my Serpa for my s&w, so he bought one for his Walther p22 (serpa doesnt make one for hit gun, but it locks in mine, just rattles a bit..)

..anywho, this holster suck IMO. there is no button, or design for that matter on the holster to help the gun withdraw. The instructions themseves say to :give a quik tug. Geez - this guy is pulling the damn paddle off his waist about 75% of the time. AND we went to the hills the other week to blow off some rounds, and he lost his front sight :banghead:, b/c the damn holster is so tight.

OCwith1911

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
OCwith1911 wrote:
Narcisist wrote:
swjr wrote:
+1 on 9mm

(Federal Hydr-shocks)

Yeah RIGHT.

THIS is the reason WHY I DON'T like fobus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ

RJ
Wow! Thanks for showing me this. I never Thought or have seen that happen. I don't have the paddle holster though(don't know if that makes a difference) I think I'm going to have to make a few changes with how i carry. Thanks again!

thx997303

imported post

The holster isn't designed for OC. It's a concealment style holster.'

And the paddle actually keeps it pretty secure. But like I said, it's designed for concealment.

Narcisist

imported post

Holster choices are pretty limited for my gun, but not impossible. I'm either using my Uncle Mikes IWB, or my favorite is a Galco M7X. If they ever make a Blackhawk CQC for my pistol, I'll have it in a second, but what I've got works for me.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Narcisist wrote:
swjr wrote:
+1 on 9mm

(Federal Hydr-shocks)

Yipes! Where did the other 30 bullets go? j/k

Kevin :)