• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Masked man shot

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
Stealth Potato wrote:
Pointman wrote:
I certainly don't want to sound overly harsh, but if two thugs in black masks try to rob me at gunpoint, most likely in the dark, with a mean looking gun that might go full-auto, I'm not feeling sorry for them when they cry like a baby.
There's no mutual exclusion between feeling pity for the dying man and understanding that it was a fate he made for himself. Pity is not forgiveness -- I feel very sorry for the guy in this story, but I also know that he only got what he deserved and should have expected.

And that's exactly where I'm coming from. It's a pity that someone raised this guy to be the scum that he is. It's a pity that somebody didn't whop the tar out of him the first time he stole something, or hurt someone just for fun. If he had had a father that would have made him toe the line, he may not have turned out this way.

But, he did turn out to be a dangerous human being with no respect for anyone but himself. I would have no remorse for shooting down a BG like that.

And yes, I've seen and treated sucking chest wounds from GS's in the E.R. That wouldn'tgive me much cause for remorse or concern.

These thoughts are exactly how I feel about a BG being shot. I am a deep thinker, and I am a people watcher. Sometimes when I observe people going about their daily business let’s say a guy working in landscaping, a woman walking her dog, a teenager walking from school, I think about how in this world there are people that will harm these people for no reason what-so-ever, when realizing how true this is, and how people don’t see the need for protection really hurts me inside because these people who may be very kind people, and someone would do them harm and not care about them or their love ones in the least bit.

People like this guy who got shot would, kill, maim, or hurt anyone for a dollar bill, or a leather coat, or anything simple like that. Why would I feel sorry for these BG’s if they are having a slow death from being shot my me or a person that did what they had to do to stay alive. They would kill you, me OR ANYONE in a worst way if they could. They (BG) chose this lifestyle along with all the dangers that comes with it. WE don’t choose to live this thug life, or a life of crime because we know it does not pay. He knew the risk and it was a gamble with his life and was willing to take this risk on his life, and I don’t feel sorry for him at all. Now going back to the innocent people I mentioned earlier. If they are killed by one of these BG. I hate to see that, and it hurts my heart to see it. I could go on and on about this, but it just bothers me so much, how this world is so evil.
I'm the same way. Living in a college town I see young ladies out walking and jogging alone, night and day. Here where I live there is a jogging/riding path that has numerous areas where a BG could easily hide. If I happen to be driving by and see a person being attacked I would not hesitate to stop and end the attack. If the BG happens to get shot during that confrontation, whether he dies immediately because of good shot placement and right caliber, or dies later begging for his mother with a sucking chest wound because of poor shot placement and wrong choice of caliber the end result is the same, I'll have no sympathy for the BG but thank GOD the person being attacked lived through the experience, andI should get a paycheck from Waste Management for taking out the trash.

Carnivore

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
I actually wish they wouldn't label people like this guy a "victim". It seems to me that he won the gunfight, potentially saving his life. Doesn't sound like a victim to me...

You are wrong !!

Just because he went to work aware of his surroundings, to make a living for a possible wife and children, doesn't mean he had this scenario planned out, he was infact prepared for the worst, but it wasn't a part of his daily plan i'm sure. He was forced into a scenario not of his ownchoosing by what I will tell youwas most certainly a burden to society = 1 down many more to go and the numbers are growing as we speak..

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I pray i never have to use my firearm and as most on here i'm sure at some point or another we have thought about the ramifications of having to use deadly force. Naturaly God has given us the desire to survive yet he instills emotions of remorse in us as well. I know it can't be easy to live with that decission and i know that I now im talking about me here. It would be hard on me. I just hope the guy knew Jesus but more than likely he did not.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

My last confrontational shooting with a perp was 31 years ago. I (since) have not experienced one day of regret, remorse or sympathy for the perp. To err is human... to forgive is not in my job description. Given the same circumstance or similar... I'd do it again w/o hesitation.

MetalChris

imported post

jhisaac1 wrote:
At this point it appears to be a robbery gone bad.
To me this sounds like a robbery gone right.
But the poor man was just misunderstood! He wouldn't have ever hurt a fly! He was a product of a society that failed him! If only he'd been given another chance!
/sarcasm (for those that might not know me. :p)

momhad3bozs

imported post

I am that mamma and I know my son had problems he was mentally ill and since he was 16 he was in the hands of the justice system not me.And by the way he was an adopted child and my husband and I both work never got welfare so think before you shoot your mouth.I know my son was wrong and no I dont blame the guy that shot my son .I blame the other guy that was with him knowing my sons illnesses I know he was talked into this.

Carnivore

imported post

Mental illness my Arse !! Why didn't you have him committed to a mental institution when you were still in control of his life if you knew he couldn't cope in society. Blame the other guy for that!!

paramedic70002

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Mental illness my Arse !! Why didn't you have him committed to a mental institution when you were still in control of his life if you knew he couldn't cope in society. Blame the other guy for that!!
It's more complicated than that, by a long shot.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

momhad3bozs wrote:
  I am that mamma and I know my son had problems he was mentally ill and since he was 16 he was in the hands of the justice system not me.And by the way he was an adopted child and my husband  and I both work never got welfare so think before you shoot your mouth.I know my son was wrong and no I dont blame the guy that shot my son .I blame the other guy that was with him knowing my sons illnesses I know he was talked into this.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The "justice system" we have now is constitutionally incapable of doing good. The saddest part is that if the government hadn't stepped in to "prevent" crime this crime may never have happened in the first place.

I, for one, am fed up with this. I have had enough "justice." Some members of this forum love the government enough they should probably work for it (some even do), but I have had enough. Our government has outlived its usefulness, and serves only to parasitize upon the great productivity of our nation, all the while turning our youth into criminals with morally repugnant "justice."

momhad3bozs

imported post

he had been in and out of mental hospitals since the age of 12,we adopted him he was a crack baby born to a prostitute.we did everything we could do to help him .once he got in the system they took him off his meds we tried to get him back on it but noone would listen to us.

protector84

imported post

Troll warning?

Too many times I see someone claiming to be a relative, friend, or some other person who knows someone who was featured in a news article related to self-defense on this forum. While it is possible, it seems far more likely to be bogus than genunine. I can't imagine a mother/wife/friend of someone who was killed in a "justifiable homicide" spending time coming to an open carry forum and filling everyone in on more details.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protector84 wrote:
Troll warning?

Too many times I see someone claiming to be a relative, friend, or some other person who knows someone who was featured in a news article related to self-defense on this forum. While it is possible, it seems far more likely to be bogus than genunine. I can't imagine a mother/wife/friend of someone who was killed in a "justifiable homicide" spending time coming to an open carry forum and filling everyone in on more details.

I understand, but I'm inclined to take it at face value until I have a reason not to. Sure, this new poster could be bogus, but I can't see what benefit a person would hope to derive from such deceit, nor can I see how my having been "fooled" will actually have any negative effect on my own person.

So, until any of my above statements become untrue, I'm inclined to believe for lack of a good reason to disbelieve.

Carnivore

imported post

protector84 wrote:
Troll warning?

I'm inclined to side with you, but as long as the interaction to this topic stays civil, I'd like to see momhad3bozs defend heropinion of the story

momhad3bozs

imported post

You want to hear so here goes.but no matter what I say there is always people that will have a come back.I just want everyone to know .First I am one for legally having guns and for using them to protect yourself when needed.I am not saying my son was anyway in the right here.What I wanted to get out was that my son was mentally ill and taken off his meds.when he went to jail and we did everything we could to try to get him back on them.We tried to tell them that he was a treat when off his meds.noone would listen.and with his mental illness he would do anything to make a friend no matter what.I used to do what ever I could to keep him in jail then I knew he was at least safer then when he was on the street.I in no way blame the man that shot him I know he was protecting himself.I blamemy son,the people he was with,and the justice system .As far as me being on this site I have been on many to tell my story I have read many places it was the parents that didnt bring him up right ect ect ect well we did everything we could think of to help him he was in and out of mental hospitals since the age of 12,he had therapist at the house 5 nights a week(wrap services)he was involved with lancaster county mh/mr .He was a messed up child he was born a crack baby to a prostitute mom bounced around in foster care 10 homes till he came to us.we did what we could to help him become a good person.we thought he would get better once he was adopted and knew he was home for good but no luck.he was dexed. with rads,aspergers,contact disorder,personality disorders and many more ,he should not have been on the streets but no one would listen to us and we couldnt have him home because I had to keep my other boys safe.That is why we had a no contact order on him but that didnt matter to him.I know he was wrong and asked for what he got and I alway knew this would happen but he still was my son and it still hurts like hell to loss a child then to read things like it was the parents fault for the way they brought him up.puts lots of ?.in a parent mind you have people say you did all you could then the next one says it was the parents.This parent is doing what she can to save any child she can from gangs and guns.Im to late for my son but Im sure theres some out there I can save.

Carnivore

imported post

So your saying there was no way possible to have this troubled human committed to a state owned/operated institution? I guess I missed what the age of these two would be robbers was, But thank god he wasn't around long enough to cause irreversable harm to innocent children, He obviously had no reasoning ability that he would recognize right from wrong from a very young age, so he met his fate in a horrable way and an innocent life was spared so maybe his accomplis in the attempted hold up is a little more wiser at the expense of your adopted sons life, now you can help right all this wrong by going to court as a witness against the so called friend of your son and make sure he is put away for a very long time..

momhad3bozs

imported post

do worry I plan to be there all the way.and yes he was in hospitals most of his life till he turned 18 and got on his own and noone would listen to us.I put 1/2 the blame on lancaster county for all this,only if they would have taken the time to listen to us.