• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do some of you think....

fuzzson

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
As far as maybe we shouldn't, why? Because it isn't socially acceptable?
it has nothing to do with what is socially acceptable or not. What I dont want to see is everyone having to register themselves and the guns that they buy. I hate gun control laws, andI really dont want them to get any more strict. Do you think open carry would give law makers another leg to stand on? And your right, we should fight for our civil rights. I guess I just question some of the motives of the people that OC.

Loneviking

imported post

It seems to me that the OP has this odd idea that folks who OC choose their equipment just for that purpose. I get the feeling he thinks everyone who carries should be doing so with a Smartcarry holster or a Kangaroo pouch. I use a OWB holster, and if I want to conceal around town/in stores, I just slip a vest on. I live out in the country where we have rattlesnakes, feral dogs, migrant workers living down under the river bridge and obnoxious coyotes. Open OC is legal and why shouldn't I OC out in the country? I'm not going to change my equipment just to go into town, and if I get 'made' or the gun 'prints'--so what?

So, I don't have one OC rig and a second CC rig--they are one and the same. The only thing that changes is when (IF) I want to conceal it with a covering garment. Does that help answer the question of 'why OC'?

fuzzson

imported post

I think that open carry on a ranch or out in the country is fine, and honestly i dont have a problem with oc. I admit that sometimes when i see somebody with a gun on their hip i do keep my eye open. However, I just want to know if people who intentionally walk in to a public building while open carrieing are seeking attention, or if they are just trying to be a "rosa park".

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

xRapidDavex wrote:
Jim675 wrote:
Perhaps that's why the silence is deafening.
I'm not quite sure what you mean

Sorry xRapidDavex, not directed at you at all.
I was referring to another poster's confusion as to why s/he hadn't had more input on this topic.
Some of the posters on this thread came in with a rather belligerent attitude and immediately questioned the motivation of some long-time members without bothering to read the many excellant threads that answer the very questions they insist be repeated for them.

xRapidDavex

imported post

Thanks for stooping to personal attacks and calling me an ass hole, I think we can see your true colors loud and clear at this point.

For the record, I basically said originally that "I'm glad you think a few forum posts dictates my behavior", and I accidentally said that you personally dictate my behavior instead of repeating my original intention.

Part of the definition of dictate is determine, so this is "Mr. Dictionary" signing off.

Never talk to me again.

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

He is being an idiot and resorting to personal attacks and attacking grammar instead of actual content which is a classic example of someone who can't defend their own point.

That said you are still using the word wrong. Your posts can't determine your actions. They can reflect your actions in real life and many other things but not determine or dictate them. He is correct about that but people who attack grammar instead of content when they know full well what the intent was are not worth the time.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Reading this whole thread makes me REALLY wonder what kind of examples we are as Gun owners and "promoters" we are to the 2nd Amendment Rights.

Sure, we ALL have the RIGHT to Freedom of Expression. But this thread (shaking my head).

If I read this WHOLE thread for the 1st time as a VISITOR. I would NOT be impressed and would absolutely be FOR gun control.

To read this ENTIRE thread makes me ashamed to call myself an American.

You guys...hrrmm. I mean KIDS.

KNOCK IT OFF. WE GET IT.

If you are going to continue this. PM eachother instead. We don't need to read about the immaturity of "-But, but HE said...so I have to say this back" kinda thing.

Shame on you. And you know WHO you are. Keep it civil and to the point.

I hope they will close this thread. Like yesterday.

Just my .40

TJ

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I gave you my opinion and answered all your questions in a very respectful way. You may have first been posting to get people to think about their reasons but the last 4 pages of this thread have just been arguing about nothing and personal attacks. I haven't responded because there hasn't been any actual content or questions. There hasn't even been an argument to try and debate.

This thread had 3 somewhat good pages (even then you made unwarranted personal attacks but at least you apologized) and the rest was just pointless.

I am with TJ and feel ashamed at what this thread has become and how it represents not only this forum but gun rights advocates all over.

I stand by my earlier post 100% that no matter what someone else says we need respond in a clear, well thought out, and respectful manner. I would add to that if there is nothing to debate or no actual legitimate questions asked to just ignore it.

xRapidDavex

imported post

well I don't know what the point of a private message is if it is no longer private.

thx997303

imported post

This thread is done. cooked, the timer is popped out.

It has always been considered rude to post Private messages like that.

Please everyone, discontinue any discussion here.

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:

THX - can we lock it? or send a request for lock? i agree with TJ, and i DID go back a read it all the way through. yikes, i hate that i was apart of it.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

THX - can we lock it? or send a request for lock? i agree with TJ, and i DID go back a read it all the way through. yikes, i hate that i was apart of it.

Aye. I'm glad I only posted once to it and early on as well. It was scary to see all the stuff in here. BAD JUJU :banghead:

Kevin

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Just send a PM to jpierce or Mike.