• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC events in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

rudedude wrote:
I was wondering if there was a OC event in A2 or Ypsilanti in the near future ??

Nothing scheduled. Having said that you are free to organize a get together. Same format we use in organizing the other ones. Ask if there is interest, decide on a date, a place, etc. Remember not to conflict with other meetings that are nearby, and space them a little bit apart so people can get a breather between events. I'm sure you would get a bunch going to one in that area.

Depending on the date, I would attend.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SmallWhiteBox wrote:
I would be game, but I want to get my CPL before heading out into the wild (class is in 2 days).
SmallWhiteBox, you can utilize the lawful transport laws or carpool to events with someone with CPL.

SIS-Kimber45

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I applied for my CPL in Feb and, still have not got it so,hope you have better luck than I am having in Romulus.....Applied at the office on Michigan Ave.:cuss:

rudedude

imported post

Glad to know there is alot of interest, for a OC event in the area.

I am in the process of Pursuing my CCW, in Washtenaw county.

Once I have gotten it, and gotten some ducks in a row.

I would like to either attend or organize a event.

DanM

imported post

Venator wrote:
rudedude wrote:
That is true.

Does anyone have any plans, on a OC event ??
See the Warren get together thread. August 16th at noon. Instructions and map on the thread.
In the interest of "spacing" these events (mentioned elsewhereas desirable), should an Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti get-together be considered a few weeks after the Warren one, at the earliest?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

DanM wrote:
Venator wrote:
rudedude wrote:
That is true.

Does anyone have any plans, on a OC event ??
See the Warren get together thread. August 16th at noon. Instructions and map on the thread.
In the interest of "spacing" these events (mentioned elsewhereas desirable), should an Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti get-together be considered a few weeks after the Warren one, at the earliest?

Dan, try to make it to this event on September 12th & 13th (friday & saturday). We will havea OCDO Booth and plan to be there on saturday only.

Link for map:

EastFlintLionsClub

4352 Crosby Rd
Flint, MI 48506
(810) 736-1164

ETA: Link to charity event thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/12077.html

SmallWhiteBox

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SmallWhiteBox wrote:
I would be game, but I want to get my CPL before heading out into the wild (class is in 2 days).
SmallWhiteBox, you can utilize the lawful transport laws or carpool to events with someone with CPL.
I know, I would just rather not risk an inadvertent shirt-tail messing me up. I will also be applying in Wayne county and I am not looking forward to their amazing wait times.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SmallWhiteBox wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SmallWhiteBox wrote:
I know, I would just rather not risk an inadvertent shirt-tail messing me up. I will also be applying in Wayne county and I am not looking forward to their amazing wait times.

Well, OK, don't wear a shirt. :)

Don't hesitate to ask someone to tote your gun to an event.

As far as WACO goes, it may take up to 6 months, plus or minus for your CPL. :(

ETA: Link for WACO info.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9682

Also see link for possible delays:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27167