Thread: On Target Gun Store in Kalamazoo

Post imported post

On leave to Kalamazoo next month, is On target gun store still in business? I remember them being on M43, somewhere between US131 and the Fish hatchery.

Can't find a store web link.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    On leave to Kalamazoo next month, is On target gun store still in business? I remember them being on M43, somewhere between US131 and the Fish hatchery.

Can't find a store web link.
    This Store?

On Target
    Phone:616-375-4570
    Fax:

6984 West Main
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49009
    U.S.A.

This is the link where I found the address.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0220621.htm

Post imported post

On Target is very much still in business. LOTS of guns, ammo, supplies, equipment, and first class gunsmiths! Just west of Kalamazoo past the Meijer's store on the north side of M43. D&R Sports is just about 1/2 mile further west of On Target, also on the north side of M43. Bought my XD9 4" at one and my XD9 5" at the other.

Post imported post

They also sell a lot of firearms on gunbroker.com just follow this link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sel...sp?User=223643

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The best gun store I've ever been to. I bought a Romanian AK from them about a month an a half ago. Huge selection and a very nice clean store.

Post imported post

The MCSports store on West Main has a small inventory of guns as well and the guys in there are great! The MC Sports store on Westnedge does not carry any weapons at all. Gander Mountain just north of 94 on Westnedge has a nice selection as well.

I have found On Target's prices to be considerably higher than D&R Sports just down the road; e.g. M&P 9mm $569 @ OT and $519 @ D&R.

Post imported post

Thanks all! I'll have to stop in the Gander Mountain store, always wanted to see one of these stores.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Yep, they are definitely still around, they have some really good prices sometimes...

Post imported post

Lived in the Kalamazoo area for 31 years, been an avid gun owner since I was 15 years old. I've bought my share of guns from On Target back when I was younger but now I rarely buy guns there anymore. Maybe one a year and I normally get 3 to 5 a month.

Why? Some of the highest prices in town.

MC Sports down the road has them beat in every way for main stream pistols. GLOCKS are all pretty much $479.99 to 499.99 at MC, $569.99 on On Target. Same with the M&P's... They are 499.99 at MC, $569.00 ish at On Target.

D&R Sports down the other direction is cheaper too.

Unfortunately, On Target wont budge on prices 99% of the time. I was in the store one day telling them they had the GLOCK for $70 dollars cheaper the other direction just down the road and there sales rep didn't care.

On a side note though there manager Don is a great guy. Last time i did go there and buy a 1911, he gave me to me with no sale tax so that saved me about $60 dollars.

It's just hit or miss with them sometimes.

Post imported post

Just to be perfectly clear, the link Iposted was the first one I found that providedinfo that may suggest On Target is still in business, therefore answering the OP's question. It was not intended to bash the gun store.

Post imported post

One thing I do like about On Target is they have always backed what they sell with no questions. I had an issue with a pistol I bought recently and was told over the phone "bring it back and we'll replace it". No arguing, no run around, just good customer service. Others I know have gotten similar treatment there.

I've never bought from D & R but they are usually pretty helpful when I ask questions, and they typically give a better price if you're selling a pistol. I know D & R beatsO. T.'sprices but they don't have near the selection and On Target beats Gander Mntn. on price everytime.

Didn't know the West Main MC Sports had pistols... I'll have to check them out.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Had a great vacation in South Haven.

On the way back to Kalamazoo airportyesterday I made a pit stop in On-Target, enjoyed. Few days earlier while visiting brother in Portage I stopped in Gander Mountain, not fun. The guy at the countermust have been the custodian, every firearm I pointed to and named by name and model, he consistently picked up the wrong firearm? My seventeen year old daughter tells my Brother "Don't buy a gun here". Didn’t stop at D&R,passed it four or five time on M43 going back and forth from SH - Kazoo. Had a great time back on home ground. Hoping my Navy retirement next year will bring me home.

Post imported post

One thing I will add, is that I went there on Saturday evening, 9-27-08, and while browsing their store was aked to cover up my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 that I bought from them about 8 weeks prior. I could cover up or take it to my car, but it made the customers nervous. I think this came from the owner or manager. Older guy with graying hair in a pony tail.

Just for what it's worth. A gun shop that doesn't allow OC. Cabela's allows OC and CC and states that in their policy.

Post imported post

^^^ Wow, I'm truly surprised that they asked you to conceal. I figured they would have fully supported open carry. If I'm not mistaken, a few of the employees even open carry within the building - I could be wrong though.

Although On Target's prices aren't the best, I've typically had good experiences buying from them. I bought my first firearm (Ruger .22) from them when I was 13 years old. And I took my roommate there earlier this year to purchase his first pistol, and they even came down off the price on a M&P .40, to almost matching a printed-off GunBroker.com ad that we brought with us.

Post imported post

Darth AkSarBen wrote:
    One thing I will add, is that I went there on Saturday evening, 9-27-08, and while browsing their store was aked to cover up my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 that I bought from them about 8 weeks prior. I could cover up or take it to my car, but it made the customers nervous. I think this came from the owner or manager. Older guy with graying hair in a pony tail.

Just for what it's worth. A gun shop that doesn't allow OC. Cabela's allows OC and CC and states that in their policy.

Even if you don't have a CPL you could follow their instructions as you were on private property ... IE they asked you to cover in essence they were giving you permission to carry concealed on private property which is legal! I would just respect their wishes and do so! as soon as I leave I would uncover again!

Note I do have a CPL but I do OC some of the time as well.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Darth AkSarBen wrote:
    One thing I will add, is that I went there on Saturday evening, 9-27-08, and while browsing their store was aked to cover up my Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 that I bought from them about 8 weeks prior.* I could cover up or take it to my car, but it made the customers nervous.* I think this came from the owner or manager.* Older guy with graying hair in a pony tail.

Just for what it's worth.* A gun shop that doesn't allow OC.* Cabela's allows OC and CC and states that in their policy.

Even if you don't have a CPL you could follow their instructions as you were on private property ... IE they asked you to cover in essence they were giving you permission to carry concealed on private property which is legal! I would just respect their wishes and do so! as soon as I leave I would uncover again!

Are you sure?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Darth AkSarBen wrote:

I can't find anywhere where concealed carry is allowed with permission of the owner, other than the ownerunless you have a CPL. Open carry is allowed with permission from an owner or agent of the ownerin places listed in 750.234d. Can you cite where this is allowed?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

You are correct Venetor!! I stand corrected I guess I should watch it when I post on too little sleep I was thinking about the OC rule and posting about the CC deal oops
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."