Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Who Is Voting Armed?

  1. #1
    Regular Member MT GUNNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kalispell, Montana, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    I would Like to but do not know if I can in MT.

    Anyone had experiance with this ?

  2. #2
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    The problem where I live is that votes are usually held in K-12 Schools.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    293

    Post imported post

    AZ doesn't allow firearms into polling places on an election day because it might scare the sheeple!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    My Precinct is a church, actually the gymnasium. Virginia's laws have mention of concealed carry for a good cause in a place of worship. What better reason that to protect yourself from politicians.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    I think gnbrotz might be...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    No one in South Carolina.

    http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm

    (M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:
    (1) police, sheriff, or highway patrol station or any other law enforcement office or facility;
    (2) detention facility, prison, or jail or any other correctional facility or office;
    (3) courthouse or courtroom;
    (4) polling place on election days;
    (5) office of or the business meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special purpose district;
    (6) school or college athletic event not related to firearms;
    (7) daycare facility or pre-school facility;
    (8) place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law;
    (9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body; or
    (10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.
    A person who wilfully violates a provision of this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.
    Nothing contained herein may be construed to alter or affect the provisions of Sections 10-11-320, 16-23-420, 16-23-430, 16-23-465, 44-23-1080, 44-52-165, 50-9-830, and 51-3-145.


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    737

    Post imported post

    Here in Oregon, you can vote armed. Oregon has all vote-by-mail. No voting booths.

    ...Orygunner...

  8. #8
    Regular Member possumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,090

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    My Precinct is a church, actually the gymnasium. Virginia's laws have mention of concealed carry for a good cause in a place of worship. What better reason that to protect yourself from politicians.
    In VA (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...8.2-283+401950):


    Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held unless you have "good and sufficient reason." There is no known definition of what a good and sufficient reason would be. Violation is a minor crime, punishable by a fine of up to $100.


    Point being, "while a meeting for religious purposes" is taking place. It would be interesting that the church is being used for public access, but still private.


    I do not know if they could deny you access to voting just because you are OC'ing. As long as the church does not have any school K-12.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    In MO you can't CC within 25' of a polling place and being that I live in a CC only city, I will be unarmed.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    I don't think there's any prohibition against carrying in polling places in Ohio as such, except that most of them are schools and churches. Schools are right out, and you'd need permission of the pastor, which would probably not be forthcoming on election day.

    You can always put in for a provisional/mail-in ballot if you don't want to go naked.

    -ljp

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    toledo oh, ,
    Posts
    35

    Post imported post

    No go in Toledo ohio.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    I think gnbrotz might be...
    Come on now....you know me better than that!

    I'll DEFINITELY be voting armed (and OC).

  13. #13
    Regular Member lprgcFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    245

    Post imported post

    We're good to go here in PA (some polling places are schools and that's a grey area)

    Here's a good thread regarding Greg (the previous poster) - who OC'd to vote - got his LTCF revoked and had it reinstated because it's Legal to OC in a polling place.


    incident thread
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...lls-ocing.html

    reinstatement thread
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...-comments.html

    other after actions
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...ation-act.html

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    And the condensed version, including court documents:

    http://www.gnbrotz.com/revocation

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    As long as the polling place isn't on school property or at a bar I'll be armed. I believe the polling place for my county is at a fire station so I should be fine. Of course this is assuming I go to vote.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    I will:celebrate

    This will be my 1st Presidential Vote. I became a U.S Citizen back in January this year. I went OCing voting for my Congress man.:celebrate

    At the voting location after I voted a lady asked me why I had the sidearm. I simply stated "-So that I can protect you when you don't have the chance to". I got the thumbs up and "-Thank you"

    You just gotta love Utah and the US:celebrate



    TJ

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    My Precinct is a church, actually the gymnasium. Virginia's laws have mention of concealed carry for a good cause in a place of worship. What better reason that to protect yourself from politicians.
    Well played, sir.

    That being said, I have to vote at a school.

    On the plus side, it's 1300 feet from my house. :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Eagle, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    639

    Post imported post

    I'll be OCing to vote here in the Free State of Idaho. :what:

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    308

    Post imported post

    my voting station is in an elementary school. So, even if I open carried, I wouldn't open carry there
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    Of course I'll be voting armed... and OC.

    My county is 100% "Mail-In" ballots, but I refuse to mail mine in and always show up and one of the polling places they setup for old curmudgeons like me. Fortunatly the one they setup for me is in a Library instead of a School.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    248

    Post imported post

    My polling place is a fire station and cities can ban firearms on city owned property if they so choose. Hammond is one of those cities so I won't be OC'ing while voting.

    Technically it's just a city ordinance and a misdemeanor, so a fine and a fight with the judge for getting the gun back is the worst case senario.. still I don't want that hassle.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    Colorado. My polling place is usually a church. no violation and I'd carry anyway because I don't believe in GFZ. That's where the most violence happens. And, if you are concealed, no one is going to know anyway.

    A sign posted saying it's a GFZ is strictly opinion, not law. You just leave if asked. Don't go back and definitely leave them a No Gun Zone = No $$$ card.

    I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    1 - voting always happens in a school house around here

    2 - I dont vote

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    Here in Louisiana, a voting place is one of the few specifically excluded by law from any type of gun carrying. We can still have them in our cars while at the location, however.

    [/sarcasm on]So the only scary time will be while voting - even if Hilary isn't on the ballot anymore.[sarcasm off]

  25. #25
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    Here in Utah MOST of the polling places are public schools so unless you have a CFP you can't vote ARMED there.

    And for the record...

    Since I DO have a CFP the last time I voted-- I was armed! and OPEN CARRIED!

    JoeSparky


    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •