• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Is Voting Armed?

kenny

imported post

My Precinct is a church, actually the gymnasium. Virginia's laws have mention of concealed carry for a good cause in a place of worship. What better reason that to protect yourself from politicians.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

No one in South Carolina.

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm

(M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:
(1) police, sheriff, or highway patrol station or any other law enforcement office or facility;
(2) detention facility, prison, or jail or any other correctional facility or office;
(3) courthouse or courtroom;
(4) polling place on election days;
(5) office of or the business meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special purpose district;
(6) school or college athletic event not related to firearms;
(7) daycare facility or pre-school facility;
(8) place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law;
(9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body; or
(10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.
A person who wilfully violates a provision of this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.
Nothing contained herein may be construed to alter or affect the provisions of Sections 10-11-320, 16-23-420, 16-23-430, 16-23-465, 44-23-1080, 44-52-165, 50-9-830, and 51-3-145.

possumboy

imported post

kenny wrote:
My Precinct is a church, actually the gymnasium. Virginia's laws have mention of concealed carry for a good cause in a place of worship. What better reason that to protect yourself from politicians.

In VA (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+coh+18.2-283+401950):

[align=left]Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held unless you have "good and sufficient reason." There is no known definition of what a good and sufficient reason would be. Violation is a minor crime, punishable by a fine of up to $100.[/align]

[align=left]Point being, "while a meeting for religious purposes" is taking place. It would be interesting that the church is being used for public access, but still private. [/align]

[align=left]I do not know if they could deny you access to voting just because you are OC'ing. As long as the church does not have any school K-12.[/align]

Legba

imported post

I don't think there's any prohibition against carrying in polling places in Ohio as such, except that most of them are schools and churches. Schools are right out, and you'd need permission of the pastor, which would probably not be forthcoming on election day.

You can always put in for a provisional/mail-in ballot if you don't want to go naked.

-ljp

lprgcFrank

imported post

We're good to go here in PA (some polling places are schools and that's a grey area)

Here's a good thread regarding Greg (the previous poster) - who OC'd to vote - got his LTCF revoked :cuss:and had it reinstated :monkeybecause it's Legal to OC in a polling place.

incident thread
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/11309-hassled-polls-ocing.html

reinstatement thread
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/14235-greg-rotz-permit-revocation-after-action-reports-links-news-video-comments.html

other after actions
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylvania-10/21110-greg-rotz-voter-intimidation-act.html

N00blet45

imported post

As long as the polling place isn't on school property or at a bar I'll be armed. I believe the polling place for my county is at a fire station so I should be fine. Of course this is assuming I go to vote.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I will:celebrate

This will be my 1st Presidential Vote. I became a U.S Citizen back in January this year. I went OCing voting for my Congress man.:celebrate

At the voting location after I voted a lady asked me why I had the sidearm. I simply stated "-So that I can protect you when you don't have the chance to". I got the thumbs up and "-Thank you"

You just gotta love Utah and the US:celebrate

TJ

AbNo

imported post

kenny wrote:
Well played, sir.

That being said, I have to vote at a school.

On the plus side, it's 1300 feet from my house. :celebrate

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[suB]Of course I'll be voting armed... and OC. [/suB]

My county is 100% "Mail-In" ballots, but I refuse to mail mine in and always show up and one of the polling places they setup for old curmudgeons like me. Fortunatly the one they setup for me is in a Library instead of a School.