• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

August OC Meet!

ScottyT

imported post

Has there been any discussion about this over on UCC?

If not, it is high time we start thinking about it!

I think another picnic at a park would be the way to go (especially since I missed the last one). My vote would be Liberty Park, Sugarhouse Park, or some other hippie stronghold -- besides, they are nice parks.

If there has already been discussion over on UCC and I have missed it, could someone post that info here?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ScottyT wrote:

I think another picnic at a park would be the way to go (especially since I missed the last one). My vote would be Liberty Park, Sugarhouse Park, or some other hippie stronghold -- besides, they are nice parks.

If there has already been discussion over on UCC and I have missed it, could someone post that info here?

Congrats:celebrate.

YOU, my Dear Friend, JUST became the next Organizer:lol:...:celebrate

He,he,he

TJ

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
My vote would be Liberty Park, Sugarhouse Park, or some other hippie stronghold -- besides, they are nice parks.
Moab? ;)

Tell me the date, time and I will see if I can I get a MC to ride there somehow:celebrate

TJ
way to go not watching who is logged into my pc.....

yo101jimmy

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
My vote would be Liberty Park, Sugarhouse Park, or some other hippie stronghold -- besides, they are nice parks.
Moab? ;)

Tell me the date, time and I will see if I can I get a MC to ride there somehow:celebrate

TJ
way to go not watching who is logged into my pc.....
OOOPS sorry SGT! but ok yes back to Moab! lets go
Now I am buffering SGTs numbers

ScottyT

imported post

Copied from UCC:

Well, it looks like I have volunteered myself to organize the August meet (shoulda kept my mouth shut!)

Weekday evenings have seemed to be the best way to get as many people there as possible, so we will probably stick with a Wednesday or Thursday evening in the middle of August.

I would love to do another bbq/picnic at the park -- mostly because I had to miss the last one! Some ideas being kicked around are Liberty and Sugarhouse parks -- something in one of the cities hippie strongholds...

If you have any input let's hear it!!! I will pick the date based on your input early next week.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ScottyT wrote:

You, ScottyT, pick the location, date and time. The rest just have to show up....or not.

TJ

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

goosemama wrote:
Well, does anyone want to come a little further north? Like Layton City Park maybe? :cool:

Or how about ogden/n ogden?

or just anthing bountiful or north

ScottyT

imported post

I think SLC area is the way to go, that way the Utah County guys and the Davis County guys have about the same distance to travel. If we get up to Layton that would really discourage people coming from Utah County.
I think we have it narrowed down to Sugarhouse or Pioneer. Now taking votes. Does Pioneer Park have BBQ pits? Do we want to deal with the homeless guy sleeping on our picnic table? I am leaning towards Sugarhouse, but will go with the one that gets more votes.
I am thinking Wednesday, August 13 at 7:00 pm. Any compelling reasons to do it Tuesday or Thursday instead?

I accidentally wrote Wednesday the 14th over on UCC -- can someone please post a correction ASAP?

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I think SLC area is the way to go, that way the Utah County guys and the Davis County guys have about the same distance to travel. If we get up to Layton that would really discourage people coming from Utah County.
I think we have it narrowed down to Sugarhouse or Pioneer. Now taking votes. Does Pioneer Park have BBQ pits? Do we want to deal with the homeless guy sleeping on our picnic table? I am leaning towards Sugarhouse, but will go with the one that gets more votes.
I am thinking Wednesday, August 13 at 7:00 pm. Any compelling reasons to do it Tuesday or Thursday instead?

I accidentally wrote Wednesday the 14th over on UCC -- can someone please post a correction ASAP?
I'd vote Sugarhouse as well... For non-Permit holder to attend we would need to limit ourselves to the western half of the park... (Highland High School borders the park)

Custom Map